PDA

View Full Version : [Video] Ron Paul Channel Episode #1 w/ Glenn Greenwald intervew - talkback thread

economics102
08-12-2013, 02:34 PM
I'm not exactly sold on this concept, and it often felt like a cheesy infomercial whenever Ron or Diana were reading their pre-scripted lead-ins, etc.

Having said that, I liked the Glenn Greenwald interview. It was fun to see Ron and Glenn have a direct conversation. It was also nice for once to see Ron in a talking head segment where he isn't getting cut off or interrupted.

Haven't watched the whole thing yet. I'd rather see them do shorter videos. I'm too ADHD to watch a 45-minute broadcast format like this!

What did everyone else think?

video update:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvGVtkBxmBg

libertyplz
08-12-2013, 03:27 PM
I had the same impression. I got an infomercial vibe from it as well. Some segments felt overly rehearsed and some of the leadins felt a bit contrived as you alluded to. The greenwald interview was really good though I thought. Aside from the first couple questions in which I felt Ron appeared a bit unnatural (not really sure how to explain it), he seemed to get going and found a groove and it seemed to feel more natural from that point on.

So mixed review overall. It's the first show so hopefully things improve from here on. In short, overall felt abit too rehearsed for my liking. I hope future episodes capture a more natural feel and flow. The interview was closer to what I'm looking for. Ron seemed more natural imo during the interview. The viewer question segment was good as well I thought.

*writing from phone so if grammar is a bit wonky I appologize, I'll edit/fix it up later.

JK/SEA
08-12-2013, 05:04 PM
youtube?

dannno
08-12-2013, 05:18 PM
lol

green73
08-12-2013, 05:35 PM
youtube?

It's a bit of a dilemma isn't it? Will RPC go after youtubers who put it up?

jjdoyle
08-12-2013, 07:03 PM

What happened to the person with the domain name? :eek:

Christian Liberty
08-12-2013, 07:10 PM

I'm pretty sure Ron is pro-IP, so yeah, he might.

ctiger2
08-12-2013, 07:16 PM
It's the first show and I liked it.

fearthereaperx
08-12-2013, 08:01 PM

What about ron paul forums, will/should they block it too?

fearthereaperx
08-12-2013, 08:06 PM
I have not seen the episode. Although, I know I don't like ron paul reading from a far away teleprompter, he's better off speaking the monologue while reading the pre-written material down in front of him like his awesome speeches from congress. Obviously, that'll look weird on tv or perhaps not?

trey4sports
08-12-2013, 08:11 PM
excited. hopefully this turns out to be more than just a Ron Paul hour. I hope we get a full line up of talent.

economics102
08-12-2013, 08:15 PM
I think what would be nice to see is an in-studio roundtable discussion like they do on Bill Maher's show.

Maybe they're planning to do that. They do have a real set, after all.

tangent4ronpaul
08-12-2013, 08:28 PM
I think what would be nice to see is an in-studio roundtable discussion like they do on Bill Maher's show.

Maybe they're planning to do that. They do have a real set, after all.

I think you just identified the major problem with this whole plan.

-t

economics102
08-12-2013, 08:31 PM
I think you just identified the major problem with this whole plan.

-t

Well also, his set is in Texas, not exactly a convenient location.

JK/SEA
08-12-2013, 08:31 PM
so, no tube eh?...

fine....just great...now i gotta subscribe.

economics102
08-12-2013, 08:33 PM
excited. hopefully this turns out to be more than just a Ron Paul hour. I hope we get a full line up of talent.

The problem is, I think they're going to have a hard time getting talent to appear for free when the audience is small and the format is a paid channel.

Ugh. I don't want to think about it anymore. I hope they've got a good business plan because in my view this project makes absolutely no sense. I'm subscribed for now and want to give it a chance but it seems like the plan is just "pay money to hear Ron Paul's views on things" and that's really not a particularly great business plan.

I'll give them credit for one thing though: they're producing three 45-minute shows per week for a subscription fee of $10/month. You can't argue with the quantity of content.

tangent4ronpaul
08-12-2013, 09:35 PM
The problem is, I think they're going to have a hard time getting talent to appear for free when the audience is small and the format is a paid channel.

Ugh. I don't want to think about it anymore. I hope they've got a good business plan because in my view this project makes absolutely no sense. I'm subscribed for now and want to give it a chance but it seems like the plan is just "pay money to hear Ron Paul's views on things" and that's really not a particularly great business plan.

I'll give them credit for one thing though: they're producing three 45-minute shows per week for a subscription fee of $10/month. You can't argue with the quantity of content.

Look at what NetFlix and Hulu give you for $7 a month.

-t

Feeding the Abscess
08-12-2013, 11:14 PM
Well also, his set is in Texas, not exactly a convenient location.

It's closer to Alabama and Kansas than New York or DC are.

Peace Piper
08-13-2013, 06:56 AM
Instead of embedding here's a broken link youtube dot com/watch?v=lvGVtkBxmBg

A great start and a great Greenwald segment but Ron needs to get his facts straight regarding Cannabis.

He says ""Unfortunately because it's been made illegal they haven't been able to really test it"

If someone could get the following to him he would make serious news and have lots of people talking after the show.

It's a list of Cannabis (pot) related patents ISSUED BY THE US FEDERAL GOVERNMENT that show "they" he referenced in the video know all about the plant. Because there are over 20 of these patents in existence right now.

PATENTS RELATED TO CANNABIS

US Patent 6630507 -Cannabinoids as antioxidants and neuroprotectants
http://www.patentstorm.us/patents/6630507/fulltext.html

US Patent 4189491 - Tetrahydrocannabinol in a method of treating glaucoma(full - 1980)
http://www.patentstorm.us/patents/4189491.html

Process for preparing cannabichromene (full - 1982)
http://www.patentstorm.us/patents/4315862/description.html

US Patent 5508037 - Stable suppository formulations effecting bioavailability of Š9 -THC (full - 1996)
http://www.patentstorm.us/patents/5508037/fulltext.html

US Patent 6132762 - Transcutaneous application of marijuana (full - 2000)
http://www.patentstorm.us/patents/6132762/fulltext.html

US Patent 6328992 - Cannabinoid patch and method for cannabis transdermal delivery (full - 2001)
http://www.patentstorm.us/patents/6328992/fulltext.html

US Patent 6383513 - Compositions comprising cannabinoids (nasal spray)(full - 2002)
http://www.patentstorm.us/patents/6328992/fulltext.html

US Patent Application 20050042172 - Administration of medicaments by vaporisation (full - 2002)

20070151149 - Methods for altering the level of phytochemicals in plant cells by applying wave lengths of light from 400 nm to 700 nm and apparatus therefore (full - 2004)

US Patent Application 2004004905 - Method for producing an extract from cannabis plant matter, containing a tetrahydrocannabinol and a cannabidiol and cannabis extracts (full - 2004)

US Patent 6713048 - ”9 tetrahydrocannabinol (”9 THC) solution metered dose inhalers and methods of use (full - 2004)

US Patent 6974568 - Treatment for cough (full - 2005)

US Patent Application 20050266108 - Methods of purifying cannabinoids from plant material (full - 2005)

US Patent 6949582 - Method of relieving analgesia and reducing inflamation using a cannabinoid delivery topical liniment (full - 2005)

20050070596 - Methods for treatment of inflammatory diseases using CT-3 or analogs thereof (full - 2005)

Method of relieving analgesia and reducing inflamation using a cannabinoid delivery topical liniment (full - 2005)

US Patent 7088914 - Device, method and resistive element for vaporizing a medicament (full - 2006)

US Patent 7025992 - Pharmaceutical formulations (full - 2006)

US Patent Application 20060242899 - Method of cultivating plants(full - 2006)

US Patent 7109245 - Vasoconstrictor cannabinoid analogs (full - 2006)

20080057117 - PHARMACEUTICAL COMPOSITION MADE UP OF CANNIBUS EXTRACTS (full - 2007)

US Patent 7344736 - Extraction of pharmaceutically active components from plant materials (full - 2008)

US Patent 7402686 - Cannabinoid crystalline derivatives and process of cannabinoid purification (full - 2008)

US Patent 7399872 - Conversion of CBD to ”-THC and ”-THC (full - 2008)

US Patent 7622140 - Processes and apparatus for extraction of active substances and enriched extracts from natural products (full - 2009)

NEW USE FOR CANNABINOID-CONTAINING PLANT EXTRACTS
Patent application number: 20100249223 (full - 2010)

CANNABINOID-CONTAINING PLANT EXTRACTS AS NEUROPROTECTIVE AGENTS Patent application number: 20100239693(full - 2010)

Full links here:
https://sites.google.com/site/gscmmjlist/home/a/p/patents-related-to-cannabis

How many people would go to jail for growing a plant the Feds have not only recognized as medicine but have taken out patents on the use of it if everyone knew about the patents above?

ClydeCoulter
08-13-2013, 07:57 AM
We need to stop calling MJ a drug, and call it what it is, a plant.

compromise
08-13-2013, 08:58 AM
We need to stop calling MJ a drug, and call it what it is, a plant.

It is both a drug and a plant product.

As is cocaine. And caffeine.

angelatc
08-13-2013, 09:35 AM
Instead of embedding here's a broken link youtube dot com/watch?v=lvGVtkBxmBg

There's at least one torrent too.

ClydeCoulter
08-13-2013, 09:47 AM

I understand that is how it's labeled. It's still just a naturally grow plant like grass or hyssop or whatever. Some plants will kill you if you eat them, some won't. That's the point. But, "oh, it's a drug" is meant to give a particular spin on things, as though all things that they call drugs should be controlled.

green73
08-13-2013, 09:50 AM
I loved it! To hell with the naysayers! You go RP!

CyberTootie
08-13-2013, 10:04 AM
How difficult would it be for the likes of Ron Paul, Ben Swann, Next News Network, Adam Kokesh and (sigh) Glenn Beck to get together and create an actual liberty-minded news channel?

willwash
08-13-2013, 10:41 AM
I understand that is how it's labeled. It's still just a naturally grow plant like grass or hyssop or whatever. Some plants will kill you if you eat them, some won't. That's the point. But, "oh, it's a drug" is meant to give a particular spin on things, as though all things that they call drugs should be controlled.

Correct. I like to make a point of telling people that alcohol is a DRUG. People who drink alcohol for the purposes of intoxication are taking DRUGS and getting HIGH. If you need coffee in the morning to function properly, you are a DRUG ADDICT.

It's a great way to open people's eyes to Orwellian thought. You take something that is socially (un)acceptable and throw a label on it that has an opposite connotation, suddenly you have conduct of opposite acceptability.

Edit, I got into this huge spat with a neocon girl in college who drank absurd amounts of coffee, needed it to feel normal, got very, very offended by this train of thought.

willwash
08-13-2013, 10:42 AM
How difficult would it be for the likes of Ron Paul, Ben Swann, Next News Network, Adam Kokesh and (sigh) Glenn Beck to get together and create an actual liberty-minded news channel?

Don't forget Andrew napolitano!

mport1
08-13-2013, 10:52 AM
Somebody needs to make these available on YouTube so they can be watched and shared.

jct74
08-13-2013, 10:53 AM
tube

mport1
08-13-2013, 10:55 AM
tube

Thanks! Now maybe some people who aren't already onboard with the message can actually be exposed to this. Those people certainly will not pay $10 a month to subscribe.

jct74
08-13-2013, 11:03 AM
Somebody needs to make these available on YouTube so they can be watched and shared.

you might want to subscribe to this person on youtube, they will probably be uploading more episodes considering what the name of the youtube channel is...

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheRonPaulChannel1

S.Shorland
08-13-2013, 11:26 AM
Can't fault his passion for truth and your Constitution.

fr33
08-13-2013, 11:32 AM
you might want to subscribe to this person on youtube, they will probably be uploading more episodes considering what the name of the youtube channel is...

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheRonPaulChannel1

RonPaul dot com still at it.

http://i41.tinypic.com/2pq45jr.jpg

torchbearer
08-13-2013, 11:38 AM

will you continue to get content if no one pays?

torchbearer
08-13-2013, 11:39 AM
If I wanted to destroy a product, i'd replicate it and give it away for free.
the easiest, most effective method.

Valli6
08-13-2013, 11:47 AM
Liked it - in time, things will flow more smoothly than this first episode. Taking all the "phony" out of news is new territory, so the lack of dumb, "friendly" chatter to fill in gaps, is noticeable. They'll work out the kinks as they become more familiar with doing a show.

Nice of Glenn Greenwald to agree to an interview on the first show. Glenn said something like (paraphrasing) - "the most shocking information is yet to come out." I look forward to the upcoming revelations. I guess Ron Paul's channel is one place he knows he can go to when the MSM doesn't give him a fair shake. If he should turn to Ron's channel to drop some big info-bombs, a lot of new and different people will be subscribing. In such a case, the president and much of his administration will need to watch, in order to know which fake claims they might still get away with.

I had to smile towards the end, at Greenwald's expression - I've never seen him with such a big smile on his face. I guess saying your piece without being insulted or cut off, will have that effect on a person.

torchbearer
08-13-2013, 11:49 AM
I had to smile towards the end, at Greenwald's expression - I've never seen him with such a big smile on his face. I guess saying your piece without being insulted or cut off, will have that effect on a person.

this is why guest will love being on his show.
he allows them to fully complete what they want to say before moving on. never cutting them off.

Valli6
08-13-2013, 11:54 AM
this is why guest will love being on his show.
he allows them to fully complete what they want to say before moving on. never cutting them off.
Such a unique concept! :)

HOLLYWOOD
08-13-2013, 12:00 PM
No 720P or 1080P?

3D? 5.1? 96K/32bit?

Be nice if Ron polished-up on Public Speaking classes/workshops for his deliveries

dannno
08-13-2013, 12:07 PM

The coca plant is a plant, cocaine is a drug. The coffee bean is a legume, caffeine is a drug. Cannabis is a flower, THC is a drug. Poppies are a flower, opium is an oil that contains opiates which are drugs.

My question is, since grains spike your blood sugar and decrease your insulin resistance, can grains be classified as a drug?

Carlybee
08-13-2013, 12:24 PM
I liked it

ctiger2
08-13-2013, 12:32 PM
Thanks! Now maybe some people who aren't already onboard with the message can actually be exposed to this. Those people certainly will not pay $10 a month to subscribe.

Yes, $.83 cents per episode is an outrageous fee. What was Ron thinking! /s

I predict the channel will last less than 3mo.

Wesker1982
08-13-2013, 12:35 PM

TRUE THAT

http://www.uproxx.com/tv/2013/08/time-warner-ceo-game-of-thrones-setting-piracy-records-is-better-than-an-emmy/

Warlord
08-13-2013, 12:35 PM

Infowars upload everything for free and still attract subscribers

BetterCallSaul
08-13-2013, 12:39 PM
I watched some of the video- it made me feel kind of sick and betrayed to watch Ron Paul reading a teleprompter, and I couldn't handle it for more than maybe 3 minutes.

Warlord
08-13-2013, 12:44 PM
Very interesting interview with Greenwald

mport1
08-13-2013, 12:49 PM
Infowars upload everything for free and still attract subscribers

So do many, many others. The freemium (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freemium) model is what they should have gone with. I hope they see their error and correct it. Otherwise, this will be a massive failure if the goal was to advance the cause of liberty.

eleganz
08-13-2013, 01:09 PM
One problem with the youtube uploads is that we get them a day after the actual show airs, it gives very very very little incentive for people to pay $10/month when they can see the show for free in less than a day.

I love Ron but there is a slight problem with the revenue stream. And please guys...its Ron's first day with his own channel, of course he is not natural but thats what makes him...RON! :)

eduardo89
08-13-2013, 01:47 PM
Ron should make individual episodes available on iTunes for $0.99

kcchiefs6465
08-13-2013, 01:50 PM
I watched some of the video- it made me feel kind of sick and betrayed to watch Ron Paul reading a teleprompter, and I couldn't handle it for more than maybe 3 minutes.
He read from the teleprompter for maybe three minutes.

green73
08-13-2013, 02:33 PM
will you continue to get content if no one pays?

Thankfully not everyone is a cheap bastard. Old Ron will do just fine.

green73
08-13-2013, 02:34 PM
Ron should make individual episodes available on iTunes for $0.99

Shit like this is why I got you unbanned.

green73
08-13-2013, 02:35 PM
One problem with the youtube uploads is that we get them a day after the actual show airs, it gives very very very little incentive for people to pay $10/month when they can see the show for free in less than a day.

I love Ron but there is a slight problem with the revenue stream. And please guys...its Ron's first day with his own channel, of course he is not natural but thats what makes him...RON! :)

They're being put up by that jackass from ronpaul.com.

JK/SEA
08-13-2013, 03:01 PM
I see a bright future for this channel. I also see there will be a need for guest hosts.

speciallyblend
08-13-2013, 03:11 PM
Yes, $.83 cents per episode is an outrageous fee. What was Ron thinking! /s

I predict the channel will last less than 3mo.

i am going to put up 10 bucks a month for many years to prove you wrong:)

speciallyblend
08-13-2013, 03:16 PM
They're being put up by that jackass from ronpaul.com.

well hopefully the rpc will figure out away to get videos out asap to spread,either way that rp.com video is actually what inspired me to subscribe to the ron paul channel.

mport1
08-13-2013, 03:20 PM
well hopefully the rpc will figure out away to get videos out asap to spread,either way that rp.com video is actually what inspired me to subscribe to the ron paul channel.

That is the problem. RPC is only releasing them to subscribers so they won't get out for us to spread unless somebody else copies them. Thankfully, it seems like some people are doing that.

kcchiefs6465
08-13-2013, 04:29 PM
I see a bright future for this channel. I also see there will be a need for guest hosts.
Judge Nap.

BenIsForRon
08-13-2013, 04:45 PM
Great first guest. You could tell they both were excited to rag on the establishment together.

torchbearer
08-13-2013, 04:54 PM
Great first guest. You could tell they both were excited to rag on the establishment together.

You could tell that Glenn still lives in a left vs. right simpleton world.
if he could get over red team, blue team- he could honestly look at the morality of wealth redistribution via force.

BenIsForRon
08-13-2013, 05:12 PM
You could tell that Glenn still lives in a left vs. right simpleton world.
if he could get over red team, blue team- he could honestly look at the morality of wealth redistribution via force.

Um, I don't think you're familiar with Greenwald. I've never heard him discuss issues from a partisan perspective. He certainly hates the D's and R's equally.

torchbearer
08-13-2013, 05:14 PM
Um, I don't think you're familiar with Greenwald. I've never heard him discuss issues from a partisan perspective. He certainly hates the D's and R's equally.

when Ron asked him about snowden's donation to Ron, what was his response?

RonPaul4Prez2012
08-13-2013, 06:58 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lovdxP85KzY

willwash
08-13-2013, 07:29 PM
Meh. Just pay the damn 10 dollars folks. At least for the first month.

FrankRep
08-13-2013, 07:31 PM
Wow, The Ron Paul Channel is Top Notch programming. Very professional.

anaconda
08-13-2013, 08:00 PM
I would be equally pleased with either Glenn Greenwald or Ben Swann as press secretary should Rand Paul happen to become POTUS.

RonPaul4Prez2012
08-13-2013, 08:22 PM
Meh. Just pay the damn 10 dollars folks. At least for the first month.

yeah but its good that this got out so people can see what they are paying for. Good stuff.

philipped
08-13-2013, 09:17 PM
I paid for it but if people are gonna be posting it on Youtube, like I hoped they would, I'm gonna cancel my subscription ASAP.

Carson
08-13-2013, 10:39 PM
I paid for it but if people are gonna be posting it on Youtube, like I hoped they would, I'm gonna cancel my subscription ASAP.

Good one. Reminds me of what ever it was this picture said.

http://photos.imageevent.com/stokeybob/morestuff/HalfThePeople.png

Oh yeah.

So I suppose those that do support the Ron Paul Channel will be labeled as supporting terrorism...

so they will have that going for them. :D (I felt so dirty watching a bootlegged copy but now I starting to get into the spirit!)

I suppose the price could drop as volume increased and got the station off the ground. ?

Dogsoldier
08-13-2013, 10:55 PM
PRESCRIPTION PILLS ARE NOT LEGAL!!!

Why do they keep saying that they are legal? If you don't have a prescription which is VERY hard to get then you will go to jail!

messana
08-13-2013, 11:07 PM
Nice of Glenn Greenwald to agree to an interview on the first show. Glenn said something like (paraphrasing) - "the most shocking information is yet to come out." I look forward to the upcoming revelations. I guess Ron Paul's channel is one place he knows he can go to when the MSM doesn't give him a fair shake. If he should turn to Ron's channel to drop some big info-bombs, a lot of new and different people will be subscribing. In such a case, the president and much of his administration will need to watch, in order to know which fake claims they might still get away with.

I had to smile towards the end, at Greenwald's expression - I've never seen him with such a big smile on his face. I guess saying your piece without being insulted or cut off, will have that effect on a person.[/QUOTE]

No kidding. After the crap he went through with the likes of Jessica Yellin, David Gregory, and Mika Brzezinski, it's nice to hear him say "Happy to come back."

I like Ron. I like Glenn. I like that Ron likes Glenn and Glenn likes Ron.

I'm sure it irks some libertarians, but I'm glad that Ron has no problem bringing good people from the other side of the political spectrum to discuss the important issues.

mport1
08-13-2013, 11:32 PM
Glenn is by far the best journalist on the surveillance issue and one of the best on war. I've been reading all of his columns and tweets and watching his interviews recently, and he is incredible. I could care less that he is probably a socialist, he is excellent on a number of issues.

CPUd
08-13-2013, 11:48 PM
RPC could go to youtube and rather than doing a DMCA, let them keep the videos up while RPC gets the ad revenue.

Barrex
08-14-2013, 04:01 AM
Could someone start "Ron Paul Channel suggestions thread".

If ideas are presented nicely with facts and explanations there will be a way to present it to Ron, I am sure of it.

I would came at the end and say it was all my idea.

BenIsForRon
08-14-2013, 06:40 PM
when Ron asked him about snowden's donation to Ron, what was his response?

It's amazing how someone can listen to something yet completely miss the point... Go back and listen to it again.

He was describing how D's use the "L" label to dismiss Snowden, before they've even had a chance to hear him out. So he's actually in agreement with us on partisanship.

torchbearer
08-14-2013, 06:46 PM
It's amazing how someone can listen to something yet completely miss the point... Go back and listen to it again.

He was describing how D's use the "L" label to dismiss Snowden, before they've even had a chance to hear him out. So he's actually in agreement with us on partisanship.

but he had to go out of his way to say that just because someone donates to you doesn't mean he is a libertarian.
he could have said everything else and had the same effect, but by his facial expression, tone, and words- the idea that libertarians are the heroes- irks him.

liveandletlive
08-14-2013, 07:18 PM
just subbed....the good doctor is looking good so far. how long before we see Lew Rockwell and Alex Jones lol

QueenB4Liberty
08-14-2013, 08:13 PM
:) I liked it! Everyone who likes it should pay $10 to support him instead of mooching off free youtube.

mport1
08-14-2013, 09:41 PM
:) I liked it! Everyone who likes it should pay $10 to support him instead of mooching off free youtube.

I'd pay $10/month if this was something non-libertarians could watch. What is the point in spending my activism money on something that will do absolutely nothing to grow the movement.

donnay
08-15-2013, 09:02 AM
Not sure if this has been posted yet? If it has it needs to be made viral!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lovdxP85KzY

Paulbot99
08-15-2013, 11:42 AM
Vid got taken down, which, you know, I support. It costs money to run the channel and it isn't getting subsidized by the government or corporate interests. I'm willing to pay 10 dollars a month for real news.

Still, thanks for trying to show us the first episode. I love that channel.

brooks009
08-15-2013, 01:15 PM
I watched it and thought is was pretty boring. Maybe because I've seen everything Ron Paul so it was nothing new. But who is going to subscribe to the channel besides people like me who love Ron Paul? Guess I don't understand the whole concept.

Antischism
08-15-2013, 01:22 PM
I feel like this sort of information needs to be free and spread all over the Internet for people to easily access and watch. It's obviously their right to charge a monthly fee and take down YouTube uploads, but I believe a donation-based model where you can still watch for free would be much more effective. With the fee, it'll basically be a channel that pretty much preaches to the choir. However, I'm ignorant to the costs of such things, although I'm pretty sure Ron Paul could easily fund it with a kickstarter.

jbauer
08-15-2013, 02:35 PM
I feel like this sort of information needs to be free and spread all over the Internet for people to easily access and watch. It's obviously their right to charge a monthly fee and take down YouTube uploads, but I believe a donation-based model where you can still watch for free would be much more effective. With the fee, it'll basically be a channel that pretty much preaches to the choir. However, I'm ignorant to the costs of such things, although I'm pretty sure Ron Paul could easily fund it with a kickstarter.

Its a tough one. Ron Paul has done everything and every favor he has ever needed to do for "us" and his country. I don't have any problem with him riding off into the sunset and trying to make a buck or two on the way out. Lets be honest, this is our fight now. Ron will continue to issue free content through multiple mediums. If Rand keeps it up 1/2 of youtube is going to be interviews of his. From a political standpoint Rand is holding the torch right now through at least 2016.

The market will bear whether Ron continues his network. It our job to keep doing what we're doing and fighting for liberty each and every day. Pay if you want to hear Ron read the news. Do something else if you'd rather not. But don't bitch about a man trying to make a living.