PDA

View Full Version : *Press Release* Adam Kokesh update

JK/SEA
08-12-2013, 12:59 PM
PRESS RELEASE: FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
RE: STATUS DATE FOR UNITED STATES VS. ADAM KOKESH
ON AUGUST 13, 2013 Mr. Kokesh will appear in DC Superior Court for a trial status date as
well as a motion to reconsider his bond conditions.

Mr. Kokesh honorably served this country as
Marine for many years after enlisting in the Marines at age seventeen (17). In 2004 Mr. Kokesh
voluntarily deployed to combat in Fallujah with a Civil Affairs Team. During his time in the
Marines, he was promoted to the rank of Sergeant and was awarded a Navy Commendation
Medal and a Combat Action Ribbon.
After his honorable discharge from the Marines, Mr. Kokesh moved to Washington, DC to
pursue a graduate degree at George Washington University. While studying there, he realized
there was a need to support other war veterans returning from combat and that little to no
support programs existed. In lieu of completing his masters degree, he became a full-time
volunteer with Iraq Veterans Against the War and Veterans For Peace. Additionally, Mr. Kokesh
founded and hosted a weekly peer support group for veterans, called Homefront Battle Buddies.
Mr. Kokesh has been a long-time outspoken activist for a wide range of causes, including
Second Amendment Right to Bear Arms. Mr. Kokesh has always been an avid arms collector,
however at this time his collection has been confiscated by law enforcement. He has organized
numerous peaceful demonstrations. Though he is an outspoken anti-war activitst, he has never
incited violence at any rally or demonstration.
Mr. Kokesh hosts and produces a daily podcast and posts videos to his YouTube channel
seven days a week. These podcasts and videos can be found at adamvstheman.com.
Additionally, Mr. Kokesh has appeared regularly as a guest on national and local news outlets.
He is not a flight risk, as he is always visible via the internet, and has a well-known reputation as
a peace activist.

torchbearer
08-12-2013, 05:02 PM
who put out the release?

JK/SEA
08-12-2013, 05:12 PM
i got it off Adams facebook page.

asurfaholic
08-12-2013, 05:25 PM
That's less a press release and more a biography.

But thanks anyways

JK/SEA
08-12-2013, 05:26 PM
That's less a press release and more a biography.

But thanks anyways

yeah, i know. Just keepin' Adam alive in here. Thanks for clicking.

asurfaholic
08-12-2013, 05:45 PM
yeah, i know. Just keepin' Adam alive in here. Thanks for clicking.

Hasn't been one day that passed that I haven't thought about him, and others like him who are imprisoned for opposing the government. It weighs heavy, there are certainly times I wished I never clicked on that first Ron Paul several years back.

JK/SEA
08-12-2013, 05:49 PM
Hasn't been one day that passed that I haven't thought about him, and others like him who are imprisoned for opposing the government. It weighs heavy, there are certainly times I wished I never clicked on that first Ron Paul several years back.

we all must hang together...or...

dannno
08-12-2013, 05:50 PM

You know you would have clicked on it eventually anyway.