PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul needs Huckabee's sense of humor to win

christagious
11-27-2007, 09:55 PM
If Ron Paul made a funny campaign ad like Huckabee did with Norris, he'd gain some more voters. You all may disagree with me but I guarantee Huckabee earned some voters with that ad, even if only a hundred or so, he still got some people with that.

Let's get with it Ronnie boy.

Ginobili
11-27-2007, 09:58 PM
If Ron Paul made a funny campaign ad like Huckabee did with Norris, he'd gain some more voters. You all may disagree with me but I guarantee Huckabee earned some voters with that ad, even if only a hundred or so, he still got some people with that.

To be blunt... I would shoot my self if he did something like that.

Ethek
11-27-2007, 10:01 PM
Huckabee has always come across as creepy. If my wife met someone like that she would go out of her way to avoid them.

theseus51
11-27-2007, 10:01 PM
I personally like Kiefer Sutherland waaaay more than that loser Chuck Norris.

Huckabee's ad (Director's cut) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxCdWlCskJA

ne1buthilary
11-27-2007, 10:07 PM
Not sure about this.. I think the Huckabee ad was cheesy and felt like it was mocking the illegal immigration issue. Ron just needs to continue to be himself.. if you listen to a lot of his interviews he actually can be pretty funny at times.

tnvoter
11-27-2007, 10:10 PM
Huckabee's humor comes off a bit manufactured - I thought Paul was quite witty on The Tonight Show, I wasn't expecting to laugh but on a couple parts where he pulled some quick ones.

RadioDJforPaul
11-27-2007, 10:19 PM
If I wanted a comedian, I would vote for Colbert

me3
11-27-2007, 11:00 PM
All Huckabee is good for is jokes.

Our candidate is not a joke. He actually talks about history, monetary policy and civil liberties. Huckabee may be a better entertainer, but not a better leader for the 21st century.

noztnac
11-27-2007, 11:04 PM

In my opinion Huckabee completely undermined his campaign's credibility with those moronic ads. We don't need to pander to stupid people.

I don't find the ads amusing either. The message I got is, "Look I know you morons are too dumb to be interested in politics but look at me, I like Chuck Norris and Ric Flair so I must be cool."

Sorry Huckabee, you're still not cool.

njandrewg
11-27-2007, 11:12 PM
100 votes for a $1.1 million dollar commercial....great return on investment there.

Huckabee is a joke, his jokes are just something to keep voters focused on his social stuff and ignore him being a liberal

ConstitutionGal
11-27-2007, 11:13 PM
We don't need to pander to stupid people.

Well, there goes the Bush-supporting, die-hard Republican base!! LOL

...don't throw stones just yet. I have been a pretty devout Republican for years, have served on the County Executive Committee but, saw the light in '04 and jumped ship for Michael Peroutka and Chuck Baldwin (with a side trip for Ross Perot before I found out he was a Clinton crony).....thing is, I know first hand what sheep the Republican base can be and I can only assume the Democrats have their fair share of them too!

Thing is, we must, in some small way, at least, get the attention of the AVERAGE voter who may not be the brightest bulb in the box and, humor, is sometimes the way to do it. Nothing cheesy, just a message delivered in a lighter tone.

weatherbill
11-27-2007, 11:16 PM
no way.....Ron Paul has a great sense of humor. he showed it well in the Jay Leno show

"There's a risk I could win"..... that was sucha funny line.....forget the huckster scam boy! I don't like anything about the two face liar!

logolepsy
11-27-2007, 11:57 PM
Quite frankly, there's nothing funny about an utterly atrocious foreign policy, stratospheric government spending, a nearly worthless currency, incremental reduction in personal liberty, or wholesale abandonment of national sovereignty.

I want Ron Paul to be Ron Paul. This is why I support him.

transistor
11-28-2007, 12:04 AM
yea, we need ron paul to use 3 year old jokes to appeal to 6th graders

Ron Paul Fan
11-28-2007, 12:04 AM
Huckabee is scripted. Ron Paul is spontaneous. Huckabee's ad wasn't even that funny. More people were probably laughing at how stupid it was. A Presidential candidate stooping so low that he needs Chuck Norris to shill for him. Pathetic. Remember, that this is the same guy who joked that he would break Stephen Colbert's arm and that his opponents were slitting their wrists in bathtubs because he was raising less money then they were. Both jokes fell completely flat and the 2nd one is inappropriate for a man of God. I seriously question someone's loyalty to Ron Paul when they say that Huckabee does anything better than Paul.

LFOD
11-28-2007, 12:08 AM
Huckabee "humor" is scripted and canned. Ron engages people on a spontaneous level and can suddenly say something quite humorous. See today's Morning Joe video for examples.

Goldwater Conservative
11-28-2007, 12:08 AM
Grinning like a creepy idiot does not make a person funny or likable. I actually think Paul already has the best sense of humor of all the presidential candidates, with the possible exceptions of McCain in a traditional way and Thompson in an often unintentional self-deprecating way (and Biden if we count the Dems).

Corydoras
11-28-2007, 12:10 AM
Huckabee goes for laffs.
Ron Paul has wit.

steph3n
11-28-2007, 12:53 AM
I'd prefer not to slit my wrists in a warm bathtub, or make jokes about suicide either.