PDA

View Full Version : ME Gov. LePage Jokes About Blowing Up Newspapers

Keith and stuff
08-11-2013, 12:17 AM
This guy is by far the most um, outspoken governor in the country. While he did veto some good bills and helped raise taxes in Maine, he is good on the majority of issues. Plus, he not only says crazy stuff, he stuck it to the RNC.

Talk about being non PC is Republican circles. LePage said he wanted to blow up buildings with airplanes. He wanted to blow up buildings that are owned by his political enemies, the free press.

VIDEO and POLL at link.

LePage in fighter jet simulator: ‘I want to find the Press Herald building and blow it up’
By Seth Koenig, BDN Staff
http://bangordailynews.com/2013/08/09/politics/lepage-in-fighter-jet-simulator-i-want-to-find-the-press-herald-building-and-blow-it-up/

As he strapped into the F-35 Lightning II demonstrator machine, set up for attendees of Pratt & Whitney’s annual employee appreciation day, Maine’s Republican governor joked to a nearby Lockheed Martin Corp. guide: “I want to find the Press Herald building and blow it up.”

The demonstrator allowed the Republican governor to engage in a dogfight with digitized enemy jets soaring across the monitor screens in front of him, but LePage was not able to follow through with a simulated strike on the Portland Press Herald’s One City Center offices.

Television station WMTW reporter Paul Merrill later asked LePage if he had any targets. The governor said: The Portland Press Herald and the Bangor Daily News.

In response media reports of the event, the governor’s Twitter account soon sent out a message: “Threatened? It was a joke, folks.”

Some Portland Press Herald employees played along with the joke, sending out Twitter messages that included the newspaper building’s “coordinates.”

“Unfortunately our governor has a misguided sense of humor,” Press Herald Publisher Lisa DeSisto said in a story on the paper’s website. “That kind of a joke is irresponsible in this day and age, especially when it comes from the leader of our state.”

LePage has long had a frosty relationship with Maine newspapers. Earlier this year, the governor’s spokesperson Adrienne Bennett said “there were not likely going to be any more one-on-one interviews between [Maine Today Media] reporters and the governor due to a lack of objectivity from MTM reporters.” She said, in an email Friday, the governor’s office has continued relations with the newspapers.

More at link. http://bangordailynews.com/2013/08/09/politics/lepage-in-fighter-jet-simulator-i-want-to-find-the-press-herald-building-and-blow-it-up/

paulbot24
08-11-2013, 12:50 AM
If he had said, "I should find my ex-wife's house and blow it up" would they have put the woman in protective custody? Jesus people. The types that actually do things like that don't joke about it. Most people realize this, but somehow that doesn't prevent them from freaking out and feeling threatened. Every time. TERROR!

Krzysztof Lesiak
08-11-2013, 08:28 AM
I think Eliot Cutler is running again, meaning that the progressive/liberal vote will be split between a Democrat and independent, so there's a decent chance of a LePage reelection.