PDA

View Full Version : 'House Republicans reject proposal to ban gun sales to suspected terrorists'

enhanced_deficit
08-10-2013, 01:13 PM
In case not already discussed/addressed.
Suspected zionist Nita Lowey of NY was apparently behind this controversial proposal.

House Republicans reject proposal to ban gun sales to suspected terrorists

By Eric W. Dolan
Wednesday, July 17, 2013 19:22 EDT
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/shutterstock_man_flag_gun_1-615x345.jpg

A proposal to ban the sale of firearms to individuals on the FBI’s terrorist watch list was defeated by House Republicans on Wednesday.

Reps. Nita Lowey (D-NY) and David Price (D-NC) offered an amendment to the Commerce, Justice, Science (CJS) Appropriations bill that would have given the U.S. Department of Justice authority to block suspected terrorists from purchasing firearms and explosives.
“Terrorists are knowingly exploiting our laws,” Lowey said, citing American-born al Qaeda spokesman Adam Gadahn (http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/11/politics/al-qaeda-video).
The amendment was defeated in the House Appropriations Committee by a 19-29 vote.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/07/17/house-republicans-rejected-bill-to-ban-gun-sales-to-suspected-terrorists/

Obama pupms for some reason have not been able to find California born Adam Gadahn in the massive haystack.

Christian Liberty
08-10-2013, 01:15 PM
Despite the obvious spin of the article... good for House Republicans.

enhanced_deficit
08-10-2013, 01:22 PM
If suspected Tea Partiers were lso on team Obama's watchlist, GOP may have saved their guns.

CPUd
08-10-2013, 01:27 PM
They are trying to flip the script on someone in the Appropriations Committee for the 2014 elections. "Look, my opponent says he is for strong national defense, but he voted to let suspected terorists buy guns!"

Christian Liberty
08-10-2013, 01:31 PM
The word "Suspected" needs to be identified and defined every time it is used.

Anti Federalist
08-10-2013, 01:34 PM
Good.

Keith and stuff
08-10-2013, 01:34 PM
Since in many states, you don't have to go through a background check to buy a handgun, the law would have been hard to enforce, anyway.

Governor Christie disagrees with House Republicans.

One of the new laws will disqualify any person on the federal terrorist watch list from obtaining firearms identification cards or permits to purchase handguns.

“To the extent that this bill will keep guns out of the hands of known terrorists, or those who have taken active steps to support terrorist activities, my signature on this bill represents my commitment to keeping the citizens of New Jersey safe,” Christie said in a signing statement. “Our diligence against terrorism must never fade.”

Civil liberties advocates have criticized the watch list for its secrecy. The list is not public, nor can one petition to have his name removed from it. There were about 420,000 names on the watch list as of 2011. It has swollen to nearly 900,000 as of this year.
http://townhall.com/tipsheet/leahbarkoukis/2013/08/09/christie-signs-10-gun-bills-n1660418

Anti Federalist
08-10-2013, 01:55 PM
Since in many states, you don't have to go through a background check to buy a handgun, the law would have been hard to enforce, anyway.

Governor Christie disagrees with House Republicans.

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/leahbarkoukis/2013/08/09/christie-signs-10-gun-bills-n1660418

Wow, I missed that.

So Fatso signed a bill that strips people of their rights, because they are "on a list".

A list you cannot know if you are on.

A list that is secret.

A list you cannot appeal.

Welp, don't ever talk to me of Godwin's Law again.

I think he just killed his presidential chances.

oyarde
08-10-2013, 01:57 PM
This is obviously good since everyone knows these people cannot be trusted to determine who a suspected terrorist is. I am sure my list is different than the one they would be using .Mine would include govt agencies.

Christian Liberty
08-10-2013, 02:07 PM
Wow, I missed that.

So Fatso signed a bill that strips people of their rights, because they are "on a list".

A list that is secret.

Godwin's Law is indeed BS, but that last bold section doesn't sound like you...

I don't think he killed is chances at all. People are this dumb...

Anti Federalist
08-10-2013, 02:13 PM
Godwin's Law is indeed BS, but that last bold section doesn't sound like you...

I don't think he killed is chances at all. People are this dumb...

Well, see, I waffle and vacillate when it comes to voting:

"Is it rigged, or are they all idiots, or is there still some semblance of representation?"

I think it killed his chances, just like Romney's were done in: the national GOP rank and file is not going to vote for a gun controlling, east coast RINO liberal.

So you can therefore count on the GOP establishment to nominate Christie.

pcosmar
08-10-2013, 02:28 PM

I won't take that bet. :(

Christian Liberty
08-10-2013, 02:30 PM
Well, see, I waffle and vacillate when it comes to voting:

"Is it rigged, or are they all idiots, or is there still some semblance of representation?"

I think it killed his chances, just like Romney's were done in: the national GOP rank and file is not going to vote for a gun controlling, east coast RINO liberal.

Very likely true.

pcosmar
08-10-2013, 02:30 PM

Or he will run as a Dem,, as some have speculated he will.

DamianTV
08-10-2013, 03:16 PM
Dont forget if you are a Ron Paul supporter, YOU are the Suspected Terrorist!

Henry Rogue
08-10-2013, 04:06 PM
Finally a glimmer of intelligence from the republicans. How easy would it be to make all your political adversaries terror suspects?

TruckinMike
08-10-2013, 04:07 PM

Hell, I-am-a-terrorist. If George Washington can wear that moniker then so can I. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPg9MdN9Gio)

Paulbot99
08-10-2013, 04:28 PM
Good. "Suspected terrorist" could be easily used to apply to anyone who the state doesn't like.

juleswin
08-10-2013, 04:29 PM
Wow, I missed that.

A list that is secret.

On the republican ticket* He still has a better chance of winning the nomination as a dem :)

juleswin
08-10-2013, 04:32 PM

Not just that, a lot of those 20 something Ron Paul supporters dont talk with the opposite sex. 2 strikes there :)

Paulbot99
08-10-2013, 05:25 PM

In Soviet U.S., YOU are the Suspected Terrorist!

Christian Liberty
08-10-2013, 05:54 PM
Not just that, a lot of those 20 something Ron Paul supporters dont talk with the opposite sex. 2 strikes there :)

Why would that make you a terrorist risk? LOL!

otherone
08-10-2013, 06:07 PM
Wow, I missed that.

A list that is secret.

http://imageshack.us/scaled/large/5/zm9q.jpg

Henry Rogue
08-10-2013, 06:32 PM
http://imageshack.us/scaled/large/5/zm9q.jpg LOL. He looks like Oliver Hardy in that picture.

paulbot24
08-10-2013, 06:32 PM
“Americans expect our government to keep guns out of the hands of felons, domestic abusers, the mentally ill, and terrorists,” Lowey said in a statement. “A suspected terrorist cannot board a plane but can pass a background check to buy a gun. It is absurd that my Republican colleagues opposed our amendment to close this dangerous gap in our gun safety laws.”

Speak for yourself lady. Oh and since when does being on a "suspected terrorist" watch list now mean you are a terrorist? Did the SPLC tell you that?

Anti Federalist
08-10-2013, 07:30 PM
Speak for yourself lady. Oh and since when does being on a "suspected terrorist" watch list now mean you are a terrorist? Did the SPLC tell you that?

It is so because government says it is so, comrade.

pcosmar
08-10-2013, 09:19 PM
They caught it this time. It was shoved into an appropriations bill.

And they wont quit,, it will be shoved into other bills,, until some late night last minute vote on something everyone agrees on passes.

Disarmament is on the agenda.

ya'all will be me soon. :(

paulbot24
08-10-2013, 09:31 PM
So if you're on a terrorist watch list here in the USA, our government denies you access to aircraft and they are debating on whether to take your gun rights away to curb the spread of terrorism. If you are a member of AL-Queda in Syria, our government gives you access to anti-aircraft missiles and you are issued arms also to help curb the spread of terrorism. Interesting.

Anti Federalist
08-10-2013, 09:33 PM
So if you're on a terrorist watch list here in the USA, our government denies you access to aircraft and they are debating on whether to take your gun rights away to curb the spread of terrorism. If you are a member of AL-Queda in Syria, our government gives you access to anti-aircraft missiles and you are also issued arms also to help curb the spread of terrorism. Interesting.

You have demonstrated a shocking inability to properly employ DoubleThink.

You are reported, Comrade.

Anti Federalist
08-10-2013, 09:35 PM
LOL. He looks like Oliver Hardy in that picture.

http://imageshack.us/scaled/large/5/zm9q.jpg

http://lordheath.com/web_images/oliver_hardy___atoll_k.jpg

Christian Liberty
08-10-2013, 09:44 PM
You have demonstrated a shocking inability to properly employ DoubleThink.

You are reported, Comrade.

You must spread some reputation around... well, you get the idea.

Paulbot99
08-11-2013, 12:23 AM
Silly rabbit, the Syrians are freedom fighters waging a just war against an authoritarian regime which has killed many of its own citizens and stripped them of their rights. The terrorists in the U.S. are completely different.

DamianTV
08-11-2013, 03:32 PM
If you are reading this post, you might be a Terrorist.

MRK
08-11-2013, 06:06 PM
rofl. shameless headline.

the problem is, a good percentage of this board and the conservative blogosphere is probably on a suspected terrorist watch list. I'm actually worried the next time I fly they're going to straight up not let me board this time.

The DHS agent at miami international damn near didn't let me in the country last time I was coming back from Latin America (and my luggage was searched at the airport in Latin America too), so I'm sure I'm on some list somewhere.

i've been very vocal since then. and already have a recorded encounter with the DHS. i always opt-out of the rapescans, too. at this point i'm just trying to get out. i probably should've never came back the last time i left... but back then i actually still believed that they were only looking for terrorists/smugglers and not just conservative foreign policy dissidents like myself.

once i leave i'll probably be gone for at least a couple years if not a decade. i've never seen so much interpersonal chaos between people before, with the government so aggressively and proudly authoritarian and the economy driving people to the brink of madness. i'm seeing more and more normal people that i've known for years just snap, some violently others less so. you can see the denial of how bad things are and how they didn't imagine their lives turning out like this on everyone's face except for the oldest of generations.

i'm not sticking around for the logical conclusion. already read all about that one.