PDA

View Full Version : Sarah Palin: I'm on Team Rand, Chris Christie is big government

jct74
08-10-2013, 12:02 PM
Sarah Palin blasts Chris Christie as a ‘big government’ Republican

BY CHARLIE SPIERING | AUGUST 10, 2013 AT 1:25 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzpEq4jzIts

On Fox News Saturday morning, former Gov. Sarah Palin, R-Alaska, explained to host Eric Bolling that she would choose Sen. Rand Paul, R-Ky. over Gov. Chris Christie, R-N.J.

“I am on Team Rand,” Palin said. “Rand Paul understands, he gets the whole notion of ‘don’t tread on me’ government, whereas Chris Christie is for big government, you know, and trying to go along and get along in so many respects.”

Palin said that Christie was mistakenly thought of as a governor that “goes rogue” but suggested that the New Jersey governor had created “a shtick” by setting up controversial moments and using a “YouTube videographer.”

“No. Chris Christie is for more government and his record proves that,” Palin repeated. “Whereas Rand Paul – with that healthy libertarian streak that we need more of in our politicians – team Rand Paul!”

http://washingtonexaminer.com/video-sarah-palin-blasts-chris-christie-as-a-big-government-republican/article/2534126

TaftFan
08-10-2013, 12:04 PM
We are going to need a Team Rand compilation video.

PatriotOne
08-10-2013, 12:16 PM
I got to say Palin is winning me over slowly but surely and I use to not trust her as far as I could throw her.

Cleaner44
08-10-2013, 12:21 PM
I got to say Palin is winning me over slowly but surely and I use to not trust her as far as I could throw her.

Just like Beck and Gingrich, we don't need to trust them to enjoy their positive comments. I am always glad to see any of these people admit that we non-interventionists and libertarians are right.

jct74
08-10-2013, 12:25 PM
here's the whole interview, she also defended Snowden at 4:10

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHQ1xCTs2P0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHQ1xCTs2P0

trey4sports
08-10-2013, 12:25 PM
Just like Beck and Gingrich, we don't need to trust them to enjoy their positive comments. I am always glad to see any of these people admit that we non-interventionists and libertarians are right.

positive reinforcement.

http://www.halleballedog.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/positive-reinforcement-dog-training.jpg

thoughtomator
08-10-2013, 12:35 PM

I'm in the same boat. I appreciate her support but probably wouldn't support her as a candidate. I think her heart is in the right place but she's just not all too informed on the really serious topics of the day. And at some point she's going to have to demonstrate the political courage to speak out against John McCain.

Christian Liberty
08-10-2013, 12:35 PM

I wouldn't throw Gingrich in with Beck, and I wouldn't throw Beck in with Palin.

Gingrich is definitely not coming around, Glenn Beck may be but he does have his share of bad comments in the past.

Sarah Palin I honestly mostly trust. I'm just curious why she chose to run with McCain, and if she regrets it. Because there's no way any liberty lover could actually support McCain in any fashion, and I somehow doubt Palin was really just doing it either out of an attempt to undermine him or hopes that old age would kick in before the end.

Christian Liberty
08-10-2013, 12:36 PM
I'm in the same boat. I appreciate her support but probably wouldn't support her as a candidate. I think her heart is in the right place but she's just not all too informed on the really serious topics of the day. And at some point she's going to have to demonstrate the political courage to speak out against John McCain.

Yeah, there's that.

I might support her for the senate, depending on her platform, but she'd have to have enough courage to truly distance herself from the neocons. Because at the end of the day, I won't support anyone who isn't at least as good as Mike Lee on foreign policy, no matter what else they believe.

thoughtomator
08-10-2013, 12:37 PM
I wouldn't throw Gingrich in with Beck, and I wouldn't throw Beck in with Palin.

Gingrich is definitely not coming around, Glenn Beck may be but he does have his share of bad comments in the past.

Sarah Palin I honestly mostly trust. I'm just curious why she chose to run with McCain, and if she regrets it. Because there's no way any liberty lover could actually support McCain in any fashion, and I somehow doubt Palin was really just doing it either out of an attempt to undermine him or hopes that old age would kick in before the end.

From the testimony of most conservatives, they were hoping that McCain got elected then died immediately in office. "I'm voting for Palin despite McCain" was the mantra of 2008.

Working Poor
08-10-2013, 01:07 PM
I remember back when RP was running for 08 there was talk of Ron and Sarah running together. That imo is why she was scooped up by mccain. The republicans have been running against Ron the past 2 elections not Obama. Repubs knew Sarah could sway tp voters they used her while the media was working over time to give her a black eye.

She did help Rands senate run. I think she would be the perfect choice to run with Rand she already has a fired up base.

angelatc
08-10-2013, 01:07 PM
From the testimony of most conservatives, they were hoping that McCain got elected then died immediately in office. "I'm voting for Palin despite McCain" was the mantra of 2008.

Yep. Like her or not, she has a huge fan base, and as long as she is singing Rand's praises we should be thrilled with the attention.

Shout out to the talking head who said, "Amen to that!" there at the end, too.

eduardo89
08-10-2013, 01:09 PM
We are going to need a Team Rand compilation video.

I'll get one done this weekend if you can provide me with links to people saying they're on team Rand.

CaseyJones
08-10-2013, 01:13 PM
I'll get one done this weekend if you can provide me with links to people saying they're on team Rand.

mix in cruz saying stand with rand when he was reading tweets during the filibuster

TaftFan
08-10-2013, 01:14 PM

We have Gingrich and Palin so far.

http://www.politico.com/multimedia/video/2013/08/newt-gingrich-im-on-team-paul-cruz.html

LibertyEagle
08-10-2013, 01:15 PM
All I can say is WOOHOO! :D

Christian Liberty
08-10-2013, 01:18 PM
Regarding Ted Cruz, here's the difference between him and Palin...

Ted Cruz is actively, vocally supporting intervention in Syria, Sarah Palin is not.

Ted Cruz is actively, vocally distancing himself from Rand Paul's foreign policy, Sarah Palin is not.

Ted Cruz is actively, vocally being hawkish toward Iran, Sarah Palin is not.

Ted Cruz is a brilliant political strategist, and therefore a threat. Sarah Palin is not.

libertarian101
08-10-2013, 02:16 PM
God bless Sarah for standing with Rand and liberty again and again. Neocons are escalating their attack on libertarians and their attempt of isolating Rand and depicting him as a fringe is starting to bear a fruit little by little. Rand needs all the support he can get but he has bad habit of not appreciating his supporters sufficiently and not returning favours. Sarah went on a limp to endorse Rand when he run for the senate but it was shame on him not backing her earlier this year when Karl Rove and others belittled her in front of him and attempted to purge her from the party. Rand needs to say a few nice things about Sarah when he is on TV and build a coalition with her so that they can cover each other back from people like Karl Rove who want to purge both of them from the party. There are many old republican voters who know and love Sarah passionately that don’t know much about Rand. Sarah Palin endorsement will be massive boost for Rand presidential campaign.

Cleaner44
08-10-2013, 03:23 PM

They are all 3 quite different obviously, but each has made recent comments that reject the neoconservative persuasion and that is fantastic.

Palin probably bought the Bush bullshit back in 2007 and now has learned better. Many of us here once bought bullshit from the major parties. I once thought Democrats were better than Republicans and later thought Republicans were better than Democrats. It was my learning process and I figured out that bought were two sides of the same coin. Some figure it out at an earlier gae than others and some never do. The Ron Paul R3VOLUTION has resulted in a younger generation learning these things earlier and faster than many of us did in the past.

Palin is still a pussy for not supporting Ron during 2011/2012.

Christian Liberty
08-10-2013, 03:25 PM
Who did Palin support in that election?

BTW: I'm not a huge Palin fan. I probably wouldn't vote for her. But for some reason, I actually do believe she means well, and I don't say that about politicians very often.

libertarian101
08-10-2013, 03:38 PM

BTW: I'm not a huge Palin fan. I probably wouldn't vote for her. But for some reason, I actually do believe she means well, and I don't say that about politicians very often.
True, I believe she means as well. I'm much more comfortable with Palin than Gingrich or even Cruz, but we need all the help we can get. And to your question, I don't think she endorsed any one officially in 2012.

eduardo89
08-10-2013, 04:22 PM

Palin has it all: brains, beauty, and integrity.

08-10-2013, 04:32 PM
True, I believe she means as well. I'm much more comfortable with Palin than Gingrich or even Cruz, but we need all the help we can get. And to your question, I don't think she endorsed any one officially in 2012.

She didn't because she was working for fox then. Her husband endorsed Gingrich.

klamath
08-10-2013, 04:54 PM
Philosophically I would have supported Palin for president, however I don't think she had the intellectual ability to be CNC. But Ron Paul is in nearly the same boat as her in the leadership department. Great philosophically but he didn't seem to have the ability to put together a team to implement that philosophy.

Anti-Neocon
08-10-2013, 04:58 PM
She didn't because she was working for fox then. Her husband endorsed Gingrich.
Sarah herself said that she voted for the "cheerful one" (Newt).

helenpaul
08-10-2013, 06:55 PM
this is great news. everyone loves rand paul.

RonPaulGeorge&Ringo
08-11-2013, 02:05 AM

Sarah Palin ran for VP because she wanted to be the VP candidate and be famous and maybe even be VP. I'm sure that if Rand asked her to run as his VP, she would do it because Sarah Palin wants to be the VP candidate and be famous and maybe even be VP.

BlackTerrel
08-11-2013, 01:30 PM
This is great and a very positive development.

Whatever your opinion on Palin she has a TON of fans and these people vote.

Just one data point: Sarah has 3.5 million fans on facebook. As comparison Ron has 1.1 MM and Rand has a similar amount.

BlackTerrel
08-11-2013, 01:30 PM

Just one data point: Sarah has 3.5 million fans on facebook. As comparison Ron has 1.1 MM and Rand has a similar amount.

FriedChicken
08-11-2013, 01:59 PM
Sarah herself said that she voted for the "cheerful one" (Newt).

Yes.
To explain her vote she said it was because she wanted the primary process to continue instead of being wrapped up for Romney.

So ... take that whichever way you want to take it. I couldn't bring myself to vote for Gingrich (I'd sooner vote for Romney) but one could make an argument that she was just stalling Romney and knew that Gingrich wouldn't win.

ObiRandKenobi
08-11-2013, 02:17 PM

establishment threw her under the bus im sure she hates them as much as anyone.

Brian4Liberty
08-11-2013, 03:07 PM

How could she refuse?

Sarah was naive. She was personally chosen by Bill Kristol to be the VP candidate for McCain (as the McCain campaign was a purely neo-conservative operation). For some reason, Kristol has probably chosen or approved of all of the GOP VP candidates since Bush/Quayle. Kristol went to Alaska and met Sarah, and decided that she would be perfect. Charismatic, Christian with an associated affinity for Israel, and as Kissinger would say, she was an empty vessel on foriegn policy, waiting to be filled by the neo-conservatives.

After her first speech, masses of Americans loved her. Most of them equally unknowing of the true workings behind the scenes.

Unfortunately for Sarah, the left tore her apart. The neo-conservatives gave up on her. After that, she probably discovered over time that those neo-conservatives weren't quite on the same page as her or most of her supporters when it came to the Constitution, limited government, and fiscal responsibility. She was open to what Rand was saying during his Senate campaign, and found that she was more in agreement with him, and not so much with the establishment GOP and the neo-conservatives.

She is in the Rand camp now, as she has found that she is in agreement with Rand on most issues. There have been a lot of people who have come over to the Rand coalition, after finally getting past the demonization. Is she a "libertarian" now? Probably not by strict definitions, but she is certainly becoming a libertarian leaning, Constitutional conservative.

helenpaul
08-11-2013, 03:25 PM

awesome!! we need as many on board as possible to fight the jackass rubio. he will use the establishment to smear rand.

Mr.NoSmile
08-11-2013, 04:39 PM
Right...well, in my mind, Palin will say or do anything to stay relevant and in the public eye. She's a magnet for that kind of attention, such as when it was speculated that she would run for Senate in 2014. I approach with caution. Changed or not, this is still the same Sarah Palin that had her whole 'Say it ain't so, Joe' during the Vice Presidential debate in 2008.

RonPaulIsGreat
08-19-2013, 05:58 PM
Crap, we just lost 2016. DAMN YOU PALIN.

kathy88
08-19-2013, 07:45 PM
WE don't need to trust her. 50-75 year old women LOVE her and that's going to be a tough demographic for Rand.

sylcfh
08-20-2013, 05:06 PM
Let's see if she actually speaks out against America's foreign policy.

eduardo89
08-20-2013, 05:15 PM
WE don't need to trust her. 50-75 year old women LOVE her and that's going to be a tough demographic for Rand.

Women seem to be Rand's worst demographic, Sarah's endorsement would be a huge boost.

08-20-2013, 07:18 PM
Women seem to be Rand's worst demographic, Sarah's endorsement would be a huge boost.

In the primary absolutely. In the general, democratic liberal women hate her with a passion.

eduardo89
08-20-2013, 07:31 PM
In the primary absolutely. In the general, democratic liberal women hate her with a passion.

Liberals aren't going to vote for Rand anyway. But conservative and independent women Rand needs help with. Palin will help immensely with the former, a woman running mate like Susanna Martinez helps with the latter.

Jackie Moon
08-20-2013, 11:37 PM

Yep. Like her or not, she has a huge fan base, and as long as she is singing Rand's praises we should be thrilled with the attention.

Shout out to the talking head who said, "Amen to that!" there at the end, too.

Yep.

Whether we like her personally, or think she just wants attention, or we disagree with her on issues doesn't really matter.

She's not asking for our support. She's offering her support - and that of her fans - to us. And that's a good thing.