PDA

View Full Version : Texas State Trooper Who Was Fired For Roadside Rape is Re-Hired

SeanTX
08-10-2013, 09:12 AM
And yet another Texas grand jury lets a criminal cop go -- and we wonder why cops are so out of control ...

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2013/08/09/dps-reinstates-trooper-fired-after-controversial-cavity-search/

AUSTIN (CBSDFW.COM/AP) — The Texas Department of Public Safety reinstated a state trooper on Friday that it fired for conducting a roadside cavity search during a traffic stop for speeding.

DPS Director Steve McCraw said he was rehiring Trooper Jennie Bui after a grand jury chose not to indict her for the incident in Brazoria County that has triggered a lawsuit by the two women involved.

“It was determined that the relatively inexperienced trooper was directed by a more senior trooper to conduct the inappropriate search,” McCraw said in a statement issued late Friday afternoon. “While the actions of Trooper Bui constitute misconduct, I believe her actions are mitigated such that she should not be terminated from the agency.”

SNIP

asurfaholic
08-10-2013, 09:18 AM
So the senior officer should be fired.

I feel confident they will fire him.

aGameOfThrones
08-10-2013, 09:47 AM
Just... Following... Orders...

Grand jury: we know...

Anti Federalist
08-10-2013, 11:13 AM
Just Us.

Anti Federalist
08-10-2013, 11:14 AM
Do any of you doubt for one second that, when the orders come down, they will be followed.

War on us.

JK/SEA
08-10-2013, 11:16 AM
just curious. What is the ratio of men getting their assholes probed in Texas road side stops, or is this just a 'female' thing?

btw...my wife posed that question to me...

tod evans
08-10-2013, 11:17 AM
Justice?

Not yet:mad:

Christian Liberty
08-10-2013, 11:22 AM
Do any of you doubt for one second that, when the orders come down, they will be followed.

War on us.

Nope.

tod evans
08-10-2013, 11:24 AM
Detroit citizens have a time tested method of addressing rapists that doesn't require grand-juries or tax-payer dollars..

thoughtomator
08-10-2013, 11:24 AM
just curious. What is the ratio of men getting their assholes probed in Texas road side stops, or is this just a 'female' thing?

I'd wager the targets of this are over 90% female. Many men would choose to die fighting before allowing such a thing.

Christian Liberty
08-10-2013, 11:25 AM
I'd wager the targets of this are over 90% female. Many men would choose to die fighting before allowing such a thing.
Guns are the great equalizer.

Anti Federalist
08-10-2013, 11:26 AM
You misjudge your fellow men, badly.

999 out of 1000 would comply, quietly.

tod evans
08-10-2013, 11:28 AM

One in 1000 speaking up right here!

fr33
08-10-2013, 11:34 AM
If they try it with me I'm going to demand the officer arrest me for threatening his or her life.

After he or she says "What?" I shall say, "If you try to rape me I'm going to shit on your finger and go for your gun."

Anti Federalist
08-10-2013, 11:34 AM
One in 1000 speaking up right here!

I hope I am as well.

I am brutally honest with myself when I contemplate such a scenario.

"Am I ready to die, today?"

tod evans
08-10-2013, 11:39 AM

There is nothing more dangerous than a man unafraid of death...

SeanTX
08-10-2013, 11:48 AM

I rather doubt that, and I'd suspect that most of those grand jurors who didn't hold the rapist accountable are male.

kcchiefs6465
08-10-2013, 12:06 PM

I know that they routinely stop men/kids and feel around their balls, penis and the back of their ass. As far as performing a roadside cavity search I'd assume it is mostly a female thing. Believe it or not, and this is hard to believe, but some cops are sick fucks drawn to the job to exercise petty power over people. Shocking, I know.

Either way they shouldn't be doing either. A pat down if they are transferring someone to jail for a firearm is one thing. They sexually assault people all the time. Kids and all. If you tense up they'll point guns at you, tasers, and twist the cuffs or tighten them. They try to use it as an excuse to beat you up and then charge you with a felony.

Henry Rogue
08-10-2013, 12:07 PM
No risk for sanctioned evil, that is the system.

kcchiefs6465
08-10-2013, 12:11 PM

The ones who didn't names are hardly remembered.

Short of here, maybe.

ETA: You'll be handcuffed and surrounded when they search you. Then, you cannot defend yourself.

Simply moving away from them or tensing up could be the underlying factor of you being beat, tasered or suffocated to death. Just something to consider.

Kotin
08-10-2013, 12:12 PM
guy has a proven record of doing exactly what cops are meant to do.. sounds like a perfect job for him and a good hiring decision.

Occam's Banana
08-10-2013, 01:39 PM
“It was determined that the relatively inexperienced trooper was directed by a more senior trooper to conduct the inappropriate search,”

And a supervisor directed him, and someone else directed all the supervisors, and so on an so forth.

It's all just performance art. The title of this particular act is "Accountability as an Endless Matryoshka Doll" ...

Simply moving away from them or tensing up could be the underlying factor of you being beat, tasered or suffocated to death. Just something to consider.

Don't forget looking at them in a "dehumanizing" manner - that'll do it, too ...

angelatc
08-10-2013, 01:40 PM
No reason not to rehire him. They know we're too pussified to stop them from doing anything damned thing they want.

SeanTX
08-10-2013, 02:38 PM
Supposedly, according to the rape victims, the male deputy said to them “we’re gonna get familiar with your womanly parts.”" That kind of implies a motive that goes beyond doing a lawful search -- but, I'm sure he'll be re-hired eventually too.

Paulbot99
08-10-2013, 05:31 PM
I feel so safe...

Christian Liberty
08-10-2013, 06:07 PM
I hope I am as well.

I am brutally honest with myself when I contemplate such a scenario.

"Today is a good day to die" (Klingons)

In all seriousness though, I appreciate your honesty. I don't know what I'd do either, if I wasn't armed.

I feel so safe...

So do I, dude we're doing all this to protect our freedoms! How dare you criticize the Dear Leader!

thoughtomator
08-10-2013, 06:31 PM

If anyone rapes me, badge or not, they are going to die one of the longest, slowest, most painful deaths ever recorded in human history. I'll have them begging to eat their own children if it would give them a release from the pain.

And I'd wager a lot of men feel that way. Maybe you can't fight back when restrained, but unless they murder you or restrain you forever, that retribution would be coming and certain.

Cleaner44
08-10-2013, 06:33 PM
I think back to my military days and the USMJ.

An order which is unlawful not only does not need to be obeyed and obeying an unlawful order can result in criminal prosecution of the one who obeys it.

Military personnel have an obligation to disobey Unlawful orders, including orders by the president that do not comply with the UCMJ.

The trooper should know better than to commit sexual assault. The fact that she didn't means she is not competent to not be wearing a badge and gun.

Occam's Banana
08-11-2013, 06:39 AM
"Today is a good day to die" (Klingons)

Klingons, my ass ...

"Hóka-héy, today is a good day to die. (http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/today_is_a_good_day_to_die)" - Crazy Horse (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crazy_Horse)

Origanalist
08-11-2013, 07:00 AM

I'm afraid many would enjoy it.

willwash
08-11-2013, 08:42 AM
Brazoria county, that was Ron's district right?

Paulbot99
08-11-2013, 11:47 AM
The paranoid part of me thinks the "justice" system might be sending a message. The other part of me thinks that this was just routine protection of dirty cops.

tod evans
08-11-2013, 11:49 AM
The paranoid part of me thinks the "justice" system might be sending a message. The other part of me thinks that this was just routine protection of dirty cops.

The "Just-Us" system is establishing dominance waiting to see if the citizenry will demand 'justice'...

SeanTX
08-11-2013, 12:06 PM
I just remembered that when I served on a grand jury a few years back one of the jury members was a state trooper. A real nice guy too, in the jury room anyway (I could still picture him being a little different in uniform though, maybe dealing out some street justice on some dark highway).

That seems like a good way to influence the grand jury system to not hold cops accountable, pick out some friendly, personable LEO who could gently "persuade" the mundanes on the grand jury to look at things from an LEO perspective. It wouldn't have changed my mind, but I can see how most people could be easily swayed by that sort of influence.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if this grand jury that let the rapist off had one (or more) LEOs serving on it, gently persuading them to accept the "Just Us" system point of view. And of course the asst DAs would be doing their part too.

Fortunately, during my time there no cases involving LEOs facing indictment were brought before us, but if that had happened I could picture the friendly State Trooper doing his best to persuade the others to vote "no bill." You'd think it'd be a conflict of interest to have an LEO serving on the grand jury, esp since he seemed to be buddies with about half the officers who appeared to testify in their cases -- yeah, he's really going to be impartial.

Dr.3D
08-11-2013, 12:41 PM
I think back to my military days and the USMJ.

An order which is unlawful not only does not need to be obeyed and obeying an unlawful order can result in criminal prosecution of the one who obeys it.

Military personnel have an obligation to disobey Unlawful orders, including orders by the president that do not comply with the UCMJ.

The trooper should know better than to commit sexual assault. The fact that she didn't means she is not competent to not be wearing a badge and gun.
The usual problem is, if you refuse what you call an unlawful order, they will usually turn around and punish you for failure to obey a direct order. You see, they will in some way, show that the order you didn't obey was lawful even if it wasn't. It's called Just-Us.