PDA

View Full Version : Forbes - The Highest-Paid TV Personalities - Glenn Beck earns $90 mil/year

compromise
08-10-2013, 07:46 AM
http://www.forbes.com/pictures/mfl45eghjh/glenn-beck-5/

http://specials-images.forbes.com/imageserve/0aVz9AV4Ta1iT/0x600.jpg?fit=scale&background=000000
Glenn Beck
$90 million
With his website The Blaze, Beck has proven that there is a way to make money with news on the Internet. His site caters to a very specific demographic which is happy to pay $100 per year for access to Beck's online videos. Now the conservative talk-show host is happily taking money from Dish for the satellite company to carry his TV content. Expect wider distribution coming soon.

QuickZ06
08-10-2013, 07:49 AM
His site caters to a very specific demographic which is happy to pay $100 per year for access to Beck's online videos.

I feel sorry for these people.

AngryCanadian
08-10-2013, 08:31 AM
$90 million
Thats why he keeps on lying and takes money from the lobbyists it all makes sense. $90 million would be enough for anyone to last a life time.

But no. Look at us while we middle class and poor work our asses 24 hours per day and with just a short summer break the elites have given us that was all for what?

$1,000 salary? $20,000?
How is this great living? this unacceptable.

Warrior_of_Freedom
08-10-2013, 08:31 AM
8 dollars a month to watch Glenn masturbate to a mirror, gross.

Slutter McGee
08-10-2013, 08:47 AM
Thats why he keeps on lying and takes money from the lobbyists it all makes sense. $90 million would be enough for anyone to last a life time.

But no. Look at us while we middle class and poor work our asses 24 hours per day and with just a short summer break the elites have given us that was all for what?

$1,000 salary? $20,000?

yeah look at poor us. 1000 salary?. never heard of that. how dare this man make so much money by providing his opinion. This aint right that a man looks at the market and then makes money off of it?

are you fucking serious? hate beck for his opinions if you want. I understand. But his money doesn't come from government collusion, and I will never hate a man just because he is filthy rich.

I am not even a libertarian, and I get this. Hopefully you will all get it also

Slutter McGee

AuH20
08-10-2013, 08:56 AM
Beck is a great entrepreneur, whether you like him or hate him. He ditched Fox and his multiple start-up operations will eventually eclipse his apex at Fox. He has the best channel on my cable package by far. It's pretty refreshing to watch panelists actually defend Edward Snowden as opposed to attacking him. And they actually had a historical piece on the Battle of Athens in which most of the panel justified the actions of the GIs. Beck, Jones and others like him are really moving the ball forward in terms of awareness.

donnay
08-10-2013, 09:07 AM
yeah look at poor us. 1000 salary?. never heard of that. how dare this man make so much money by providing his opinion. This aint right that a man looks at the market and then makes money off of it?

are you fucking serious? hate beck for his opinions if you want. I understand. But his money doesn't come from government collusion, and I will never hate a man just because he is filthy rich.

Slutter McGee

That isn't my issue. The issue is he is a Judas Iscariot who sold his soul for worldly possessions. His passion is greed--he cares not to help others, he trespasses against us and leads many away from the truth.

Matthew 19:24

"Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich person to enter the kingdom of God.”

AuH20
08-10-2013, 09:17 AM
That isn't my issue. The issue is he is a Judas Iscariot who sold his soul for worldly possessions. His passion is greed--he cares not to help others, he trespasses against us and leads many away from the truth.

Matthew 19:24

"Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich person to enter the kingdom of God.”

I know you don't like him. He has some odd biblical beliefs. But Greed? Are you serious? He's a freaking Mormon who's throws money around to charitable activities like it's burning his pocket.

http://www.mercuryone.org/

Raised 1 million for Tornado victims:

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/05/21/beck-and-mercury-one-head-to-oklahoma-to-launch-tornado-relief-effort/

Donated 350K to a Oklahoma storm shelter and safe house org:
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/06/03/becks-mercury-one-charity-donates-350k-to-help-protect-oklahoma-schools-from-tornadoes/

Donates 50k to Ariz firefighter families:
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/jul/2/glenn-beck-donates-50k-families-ariz-firefighters/

Donates 50k to homeschooling family in litigation battle
http://www.examiner.com/article/glenn-beck-donates-50k-to-homeschool-family-s-fight-for-freedom

200k to police relief fund:
http://theerant.yuku.com/topic/54524/Glenn-Beck-donates-200K-to-Police-Relief-Fund?page=-1

angelatc
08-10-2013, 09:21 AM

$1,000 salary? $20,000?

So go start an internet broadcast channel, convince people to give you $100 a year, and earn your $90 million like Beck.

PatriotOne
08-10-2013, 09:35 AM

$1,000 salary? $20,000?

Had to check to make sure I hadn't accidently ended up on Democratic Underground's website.

HOLLYWOOD
08-10-2013, 09:52 AM
I feel sorry for these people.

Marxist Maher calls them CON MEN

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46waxL2MICc

AuH20
08-10-2013, 09:59 AM
Marxist Maher calls them CON MEN

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46waxL2MICc

When Maher can charitably help as many Americans as Beck, then he can talk. Until then his lips are simply moving. If you want to go after someone for their beliefs or views, that's fair game but to insinuate that Beck is ripping people off is utter nonsense. The best part of Maher's rant was his laughable assumption that we're all making these disturbing observations up as if there is no debt crisis, police state or shadow government. Yes, Bill we're secretly sadomasochists who enjoy daily ridicule from the domesticated sheep.

compromise
08-10-2013, 10:38 AM

Slutter McGee

He's a Canadian for a reason.

Keith and stuff
08-10-2013, 10:51 AM
I wonder if Glenn fans will make fun of Ron in the same way?

donnay
08-10-2013, 11:03 AM
I wonder if Glenn fans will make fun of Ron in the same way?

I am sure they will. After all Glenn Beck thinks Dr. Ron Paul is a terrorist leader.

Glenn Beck's KGB-TV

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9miprTrD2wA

AuH20
08-10-2013, 11:08 AM
I am sure they will. After all Glenn Beck thinks Dr. Ron Paul is a terrorist leader.

Glenn Beck's KGB-TV

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9miprTrD2wA

He actually talked about the death threats he gets from RP people. Some RP people are completely bonkers. And that video is spot-on. Ron is gullible in lot of respects. Look at his relationship with Benton and then this mistake with Frank and that who's who's list of globalists.

fr33
08-10-2013, 11:11 AM
I remember back when his goofy radio show was hardly political. He was more like Howard Stern back then. Haven't listened to him or watched him since back then. Never was a fan.

donnay
08-10-2013, 11:14 AM
He actually talked about the death threats he gets from RP people. Some RP people are completely bonkers.

Yeah...I will believe it when I see it. He is all talk in a bag. More propaganda as always, I expect nothing less from his KGB-TV outlet.

brandon
08-10-2013, 11:15 AM
How could he possibly make that much? His site would need 900,000 paid subs just to get REVENUE of 90 million. I'm calling BS

AuH20
08-10-2013, 11:17 AM
Yeah...I will believe it when I see it. He is all talk in a bag. More propaganda as always, I expect nothing less from his KGB-TV outlet.

The campaign events were filled with them. It probably happened. I've seen and communicated with these very people. They're not all there and they take EVERYTHING PERSONAL. When you have thin skin, get offended very easily, death threats aren't too far off.

donnay
08-10-2013, 11:18 AM
I know you don't like him. He has some odd biblical beliefs. But Greed? Are you serious? He's a freaking Mormon who's throws money around to charitable activities like it's burning his pocket.

http://www.mercuryone.org/

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/05/21/beck-and-mercury-one-head-to-oklahoma-to-launch-tornado-relief-effort/

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/06/03/becks-mercury-one-charity-donates-350k-to-help-protect-oklahoma-schools-from-tornadoes/

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/jul/2/glenn-beck-donates-50k-families-ariz-firefighters/

http://www.examiner.com/article/glenn-beck-donates-50k-to-homeschool-family-s-fight-for-freedom

http://theerant.yuku.com/topic/54524/Glenn-Beck-donates-200K-to-Police-Relief-Fund?page=-1

Tax write-offs.

donnay
08-10-2013, 11:19 AM
How could he possibly make that much? His site would need 900,000 paid subs just to get REVENUE of 90 million. I'm calling BS

He is still on radio. Have you seen his catalog of Skull and Bones merchandise?

AuH20
08-10-2013, 11:20 AM
Tax write-offs.

Still more 'tax writeoffs' than anyone here combined. He actually went out of his way to write checks and mobilize operations for the less fortunate. This philanthropy is an outgrowth of his religion. Mormons are some of the most generous people in the country, bar none.

AuH20
08-10-2013, 11:21 AM

Books, merchandise, radio. He's easily clearing 90.

TruckinMike
08-10-2013, 11:22 AM
I will never forget Glenn Beck's betrayal ---> Debra Medina. Beck was espousing freedom rhetoric at that time just like he is now. The only difference he is making more money now. I have no problem with that. The problem that I have is that he will AGAIN turn his devotees towards tyranny instead of liberty. Thats what he does, that's who he is...

Scorpion and the frog anyone???

Warning: Don't ever give that manipulative bastard a ride across the river.

http://www.settlementperspectives.com/wp-content/uploads/The-Scorpion-and-the-Frog1.jpg

oyarde
08-10-2013, 11:24 AM
I get confused , I expected to see Beck breast feeding at a Chick Fila when I opened this thread.

donnay
08-10-2013, 11:30 AM
The campaign events were filled with them. It probably happened. I've seen and communicated with these very people. They're not all there and they take EVERYTHING PERSONAL. When you have thin skin, get offended very easily, death threats aren't too far off.

So what? And how many death threats has Dr. Paul had? Did it stop him? Did he whine about it? Dr. Paul was more in the cross hairs of would-be assassins than Glenn Beck, I can assure you. There are crazies EVERYWHERE. You cannot regulate stupidity and dwelling on something doesn't change anything. Beck can afford to hire a mule-team of security with his salary. He needs to shuddup and act like a man, but he is so sissified I cannot image him being able to conduct himself that way.

donnay
08-10-2013, 11:31 AM
Still more 'tax writeoffs' than anyone here combined. He actually went out of his way to write checks and mobilize operations for the less fortunate. This philanthropy is an outgrowth of his religion. Mormons are some of the most generous people in the country, bar none.

*Ahem* I don't make 90 million. And let me say, you cannot imagine how much my family gives to charitable causes and volunteering our time to help a worthy cause.

kcchiefs6465
08-10-2013, 11:32 AM
He's a freaking Mormon who's throws money around to charitable activities like it's burning his pocket.

I'm curious, what has he donated to liberty candidates? Can his name be found anywhere?

Will he put some money up towards primarying Graham?

Towards making sure Ben Swann's program is funded?

Towards anything, really. I don't specifically know but would bet my bottom dollar that the answer is no.

This respect of Beck I'll never understand.

AuH20
08-10-2013, 11:32 AM
So what? And how many death threats has Dr. Paul had? Did it stop him? Did he whine about it? Dr. Paul was more in the cross hairs of would-be assassins than Glenn Beck, I can assure you. There are crazies EVERYWHERE. You cannot regulate stupidity and dwelling on something doesn't change anything. Beck can afford to hire a mule-team of security with his salary. He needs to shuddup and act like a man, but he is so sissified I cannot image him being able to conduct himself that way.

When you get strongly worded death threats, you're probably going to hold a grudge. Just saying. I've always said that for all the great grassroots energy that the RP movement brought the downside are these incidents. I don't agree with Chris Matthews or Lawrence O'Donnell but never felt the need to send them a death threat.

TruckinMike
08-10-2013, 11:34 AM

Glenn Beck is scared because he knows he deserves it.

AuH20
08-10-2013, 11:35 AM
Glenn Beck is scared because he knows he deserves it.

I think has more to do with the diverse mental state of 300 million people. All it takes is one person off their meds to harm one's family.

AuH20
08-10-2013, 11:38 AM
I'm curious, what has he donated to liberty candidates? Can his name be found anywhere?

Will he put some money up towards primarying Graham?

Towards making sure Ben Swann's program is funded?

Towards anything, really. I don't specifically know but would bet my bottom dollar that the answer is no.

This respect of Beck I'll never understand.

I don't have his political contribution records on hand. But I agree with you that Beck should contact Ben Swann or vice versa. Swann would fit perfectly into his lineup.

donnay
08-10-2013, 11:41 AM
When you get strongly worded death threats, you're probably going to hold a grudge. Just saying. I've always said that for all the great grassroots energy that the RP movement brought the downside are these incidents. I don't agree with Chris Matthews or Lawrence O'Donnell but never felt the need to send them a death threat.

Again answer my questions---Did Ron Paul get death threats? Did he whine about them? Did Dr. Paul keep his head up high and move forward knowing full good and well he was in the cross-hairs for speaking the truth?

Many people who are in the public-eye receives death threats. If you're too squeamish for this reality you need get out of the public-eye.

Legend1104
08-10-2013, 11:52 AM
also I think I heard him on his show a while back make mention of how this (or some other article exactly like it) was misleading. It only gave the 90 mil. figure as his salary when in fact that is how much the Blaze earned, but that of course does not go all to Beck. The 90 mil goes towards also paying the staff, broadcasting, studio fees etc. When I get a chance I will try to find that radio broadcast where he talked about it.

AuH20
08-10-2013, 11:56 AM
I just sent both he and his producer this email. Swann needs exposure:

Glenn, I was wondering if you could get independent & award winning journalist Ben Swann on your show one of these days, since he's delving into critical stories intentionally ignored by the MSM.

Here is his website:

http://benswann.com/

BTW keep up the good work.

TruckinMike
08-10-2013, 12:06 PM
I think has more to do with the diverse mental state of 300 million people. All it takes is one person off their meds to harm one's family.
by that logic we should all be scared.

Optimism ain't that bad a trait to have. I'll second that motion.:cool:

kcchiefs6465
08-10-2013, 12:25 PM
I'm not sure how true it is but I believe Glenn Beck wanted Swann to work for The Blaze. Swann wished to stay independent and have no limits to the stories he could investigate and cover.

Swann has spoke on it before, I don't really remember exactly what he said so I apologize in advance if my paraphrasing is off. I don't get the impression that they'd ever work with each other. (a good thing, in my eyes) If Swann happened to appear on Beck's show I would tune in.

donnay
08-10-2013, 12:40 PM

Don't hold your breath.

Slutter McGee
08-10-2013, 04:21 PM
This thread kind of makes me sad. This is not about you liking or agreeing with Beck. Its not about the mistakes and upsetting things he has said. Its not about the convincing and uplifting things he has said. Its about a bunch of people attacking a man for making money.

And that is hardly representative of what we claim to believe.

Slutter McGee

Feeding the Abscess
08-10-2013, 04:32 PM
He actually talked about the death threats he gets from RP people. Some RP people are completely bonkers. And that video is spot-on. Ron is gullible in lot of respects. Look at his relationship with Benton and then this mistake with Frank and that who's who's list of globalists.

Ron Paul and Barney Frank wrote a letter to Obama saying that overseas spending needs to be cut.

That's the extent of Ron Paul's involvement in the matter. There was no 'and that who's who's list of globalists.'

And even if he did select a group that was composed of a bunch of globalists, what would be the issue? They'd want to cut $100 billion a year from the government. What's not to like?

krugminator
08-10-2013, 04:44 PM
Good for Glenn. He found a way to build a business that delivers a product that lots of people are willingly pay for.

Are there really people here calling Beck greedy and criticizing him for his success? I mean what? He employs hundreds if not thousands of people directly and indirectly. Not to mention, he promotes people within the liberty movement. Entrepreneurs like Glenn Beck (regardless of political beliefs) propel the country forward.

donnay
08-10-2013, 05:07 PM
This thread kind of makes me sad. This is not about you liking or agreeing with Beck. Its not about the mistakes and upsetting things he has said. Its not about the convincing and uplifting things he has said. Its about a bunch of people attacking a man for making money.

And that is hardly representative of what we claim to believe.

Slutter McGee

I care not a whit if he made all the money on earth. It's how he got it that counts. He deceives the audience on a daily basis and incites people to hate a group of people--i.e.; Al Qaeda and The Muslim Brotherhood that our government set up, aids and funds. He is dangerous because he speaks a little truth and then wraps it up in a whole lot of disinformation.

AuH20
08-10-2013, 05:11 PM
I care not a whit if he made all the money on earth. It's how he got it that counts. He deceives the audience on a daily basis and incites people to hate a group of people--i.e.; Al Qaeda and The Muslim Brotherhood that our government set up, aids and funds. He is dangerous because he speaks a little truth and then wraps it up in a whole lot of disinformation.
Al Qaeda and the Muslim Brotherhood are not our friends. Islamic Fundamentalists aren't our friends. The CIA is not our friends. AIPAC is not our friends (not sure about the Israeli people).

willwash
08-10-2013, 05:45 PM

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but the Mormon church expects you to donate 10% of your income to charity, right? In beck's case that's at least 9 mil a year.