PDA

View Full Version : Obama speech on NSA and Snowden

Brian4Liberty
08-09-2013, 01:36 PM
Wow. There was no spying on US citizens. All is well. Obama was going to fix everything before Snowden leaked anyway. So Snowden leak didn't change anything. So what was he was going to fix again?

This is turning into Clinton and Nixon all over again. "I did not have sexual relations with that girl". "It depends on what the definition of "is" is."

surf
08-09-2013, 01:42 PM
what a lying sack of shit.

muh_roads
08-09-2013, 01:42 PM
Obama thinks the public is dumb and uninformed: Confirmed.

Why pursue a guy for something that isn't true?

Brian4Liberty
08-09-2013, 01:43 PM
Obama: "I don't think Mr. Snowden was a Patriot. As I said in my opening remarks, I called for a thorough review of our surveillance operations before Mr. Snowden made these leaks."

tod evans
08-09-2013, 01:45 PM
Thanks for the synopsis, I wouldn't listen to that whistle-dick if I were being paid...

Brian4Liberty
08-09-2013, 01:50 PM
Obama doesn't like truth coming out "in dribs, and in drabs". It makes it too hard to address them. :rolleyes:

Put it all out at once, so he can come up with a comprehensive lie...

jmdrake
08-09-2013, 01:53 PM
Obama: "I don't think Mr. Snowden was a Patriot. As I said in my opening remarks, I called for a thorough review of our surveillance operations before Mr. Snowden made these leaks."

Obama: I was against NSA spying before I was for it. :rolleyes:

paulbot24
08-09-2013, 02:03 PM
I'm sure you did Obama. Let me guess, due to sequestration and an unruly Congress, your calls for NSA transparency were ignored so none of this is your fault.

Carlybee
08-09-2013, 02:14 PM
Doesn't matter as long as Congress has no intention of initiating impeachment hearings...he will get away with whatever he wants to get away with.

Brian4Liberty
08-09-2013, 02:15 PM
I'm sure you did Obama. Let me guess, due to sequestration and an unruly Congress, your calls for NSA transparency were ignored so none of this is your fault.

He was too busy with Obamacare in his first term. And this term, well, Zimmerman has taken up a lot of time, but, uh, he was just about ready to get moving on it!

CPUd
08-09-2013, 02:19 PM
They need to get Clapper first.

Brian4Liberty
08-09-2013, 02:50 PM
The post-debate spin on this has been crazy. Pundits up there cheering for snubbing Putin and Russia, saying that the majority of Americans support being aggressive against Russia, and that Obama is not aggressive enough, according to some Republicans (read: neo-conservatives).

They really do try as hard as they can to create reality.

08-09-2013, 02:52 PM
Isn't this the guy who campaigned on whistleblower protections?

Brian4Liberty
08-09-2013, 10:28 PM

He mentioned that he signed an Executive Order to protect whistle-blowers. And if you beleive that would change anything, I have a bridge to sell you.

If Obama truly believed in whistle-blower protection, and if he really didn't want Snowden to be in Russia, he would have issued an amnesty/immunity order, and allowed Snowden to come back day one.

Pericles
08-09-2013, 10:32 PM
Mush from the wimp.

HOLLYWOOD
08-09-2013, 11:54 PM
Doesn't matter as long as Congress has no intention of initiating impeachment hearings...he will get away with whatever he wants to get away with.Party of ONE... WWE/WWF pageantry of these clowns is just sickening. Nothing will happen because all of them are too busy selling us out to campaign donations, all in keeping their positions, power, perks, and prestige. Self absorbed actors

Lobbyists and Money... Barry is just a propaganda detraction until 2016

GunnyFreedom
08-10-2013, 12:28 AM

Yes. And IIRC Obama has prosecuted more whistleblowers than every other President in US history. Combined.

RickyJ
08-10-2013, 12:38 AM
Yes. And IIRC Obama has prosecuted more whistleblowers than every other President in US history. Combined.

It seems like Obama is nothing more than bait to get those that aren't 100% loyal to their secrecy agreements to come forward and root them out of the system before the government becomes even more tyrannical.

GunnyFreedom
08-10-2013, 01:38 AM
It seems like Obama is nothing more than bait to get those that aren't 100% loyal to their secrecy agreements to come forward and root them out of the system before the government becomes even more tyrannical.

It would sure appear that way at this point.

twomp
08-10-2013, 03:42 AM
http://i.imgur.com/pkpkXXZ.png

paulbot24
08-10-2013, 04:02 AM
Makes the whole Petraeus/Broadwell fiasco sound pretty ridiculous now. Remember what great lengths to which the FBI went explaining their warrant for his emails and whether he used his laptop with classified information and blah blah blah........Why didn't they just call the NSA? As much as he seems to have liked his job, he's probably not missing it much these days.

muh_roads
08-10-2013, 08:30 AM
http://i.imgur.com/pkpkXXZ.png

Personal threats "JFK style" are probably the reason why they always say one thing but do another.

GunnyFreedom
08-10-2013, 09:09 AM
And were I cursed with that job, if they did such a thing I would make one of those live prime-time broadcasts on every channel that Presidents like to do from time to time and lay out every detail of the threat, as well as what their demands were, and whom to go after should that broadcast not thwart their nefarious plans. Then if they did kill me the people in general would freak the frell out, and if they didn't they'd have no hold on me.

Probably why they would never let me into that position in the first place. :D

Philhelm
08-10-2013, 12:07 PM
And were I cursed with that job, if they did such a thing I would make one of those live prime-time broadcasts on every channel that Presidents like to do from time to time and lay out every detail of the threat, as well as what their demands were, and whom to go after should that broadcast not thwart their nefarious plans. Then if they did kill me the people in general would freak the frell out, and if they didn't they'd have no hold on me.

Probably why they would never let me into that position in the first place. :D

You would raise an army overnight.

Anti Federalist
08-10-2013, 02:06 PM

And this goes right here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaysTVcounI