PDA

View Full Version : 30-Year Sentence for Man Who Tried to Bomb Federal Reserve

Smart3
08-09-2013, 11:26 AM
30-Year Sentence for Man Who Tried to Bomb Federal Reserve
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/08/10/nyregion/30-year-sentence-for-man-who-tried-to-bomb-federal-reserve.html?_r=0

pcosmar
08-09-2013, 11:48 AM
30-Year Sentence for Man Who Tried to Bomb Federal Reserve
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/08/10/nyregion/30-year-sentence-for-man-who-tried-to-bomb-federal-reserve.html?_r=0

Another FBI created "terror plot".
ant the poor half wit that was manipulated into it pays the price. :(

Warrior_of_Freedom
08-09-2013, 11:56 AM
Charles Manson gets murder charges for convincing young women to do killing for him,. FBI are allowed to convince young men to try to bomb places?

Philhelm
08-09-2013, 01:00 PM
Anyone want to be that this sentence will end up being greater than Bradley Manning's? What, no takers?

LibertyEagle
08-09-2013, 01:14 PM
Ah, but it is setting the tone. You must be a terrorist if you don't like what the Federal Reserve is up to.

asurfaholic
08-09-2013, 01:22 PM
I don't like the federal reserve either, but you are doing it wrong if you think blowing up a building is going to solve any problems.

They'll just build another building, at our expense.

END the Fed.

muh_roads
08-09-2013, 01:30 PM
The banking industry should get 30 years for bombing our currency value.

pcosmar
08-09-2013, 01:37 PM
I don't like the federal reserve either, but you are doing it wrong if you think blowing up a building is going to solve any problems.

END the Fed.

The point is ,,, he wasn't thinking about it until the idea was presented to him by the FBI. as well as all the rest of the story up to and including the "bomb".

It was an entirely manufactured plot. By the FBI.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwTpJ1EoV6A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBobEiXInxQ

08-09-2013, 01:42 PM

END the Fed.

I agree

The point is ,,, he wasn't thinking about it until the idea was presented to him by the FBI. as well as all the rest of the story up to and including the "bomb".

It was an entirely manufactured plot. By the FBI.

Agreed but he should have known better than to want to bomb a building.

FindLiberty
08-09-2013, 05:07 PM
I agree (with the folly, etc.) ... he should have known better than to want to bomb a building. 100%
...manufactured plot. By the FBI.

dannno
08-09-2013, 05:22 PM
Agreed but he should have known better than to want to bomb a building.

There's a lot of mentally ill people you could easily talk into blowing up buildings if you give them everything they need. The point is that they are too mentally ill to research and execute it themselves, so we wouldn't need to worry about them unless something like say someone's budget is at stake.

08-09-2013, 05:47 PM
I agree and understand there was never a real threat and the FBI made the whole thing up.

But people who would blow up a federal building have to be dealt with somehow. What if they hooked up with actual terrorists, not FBI agents?

How would you suggest we do that? I'm not being snarky, I really don't know how it should be handled.

HOLLYWOOD
08-09-2013, 05:56 PM
Here's the original RPF thread from last year covering the NY FED plot: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?392860-Suspected-Terrorist-Arrested-for-Alleged-Plot-to-Attack-Federal-Reserve-in-NYC

I think Glen Greenwald called the NY FED plot out with the fabricated nonsense by government agencies.

dannno
08-09-2013, 06:04 PM
I agree and understand there was never a real threat and the FBI made the whole thing up.

But people who would blow up a federal building have to be dealt with somehow. What if they hooked up with actual terrorists, not FBI agents?

How would you suggest we do that? I'm not being snarky, I really don't know how it should be handled.

I'd revert back to my argument that we shouldn't be doing the activities that cause terrorism.

But honestly I can't even think of any 'real' terrorist attacks as defined by the establishment. Can you? All the ones I can think of have some sort of ties to current or former intelligence agents.

BlackTerrel
08-09-2013, 06:22 PM
I'd revert back to my argument that we shouldn't be doing the activities that cause terrorism.

But honestly I can't even think of any 'real' terrorist attacks as defined by the establishment. Can you? All the ones I can think of have some sort of ties to current or former intelligence agents.

A good chunk of Ron's foreign policy is predicated on the belief of blowback and the theory that our actions create terrorists.

Don't know if Ron is correct or not but judging on posts here I would argue many (maybe most) disagree with him. There has never been a real terrorist attack on the US apparently. Our policies do not create terrorists.

BlackTerrel
08-09-2013, 06:22 PM

A good chunk of Ron's foreign policy is predicated on the belief of blowback and the theory that our actions create terrorists.

Don't know if Ron is correct or not but judging on posts here I would argue many (maybe most) disagree with him. There has never been a real terrorist attack on the US apparently. Our policies do not create terrorists.

dannno
08-09-2013, 06:24 PM

I said a real attack as defined by the establishment - there have been plenty of participants in various attacks who have legitimate grievances with our government who are then using a flawed tactic in attempt to stop it or find some sort of justice.

BlackTerrel
08-09-2013, 07:36 PM
I said a real attack as defined by the establishment - there have been plenty of participants in various attacks who have legitimate grievances with our government who are then using a flawed tactic in attempt to stop it or find some sort of justice.

Has there ever been a real terrorist attack on US soil? One not planned or assisted by the government?

Has the government ever arrested someone who was going to commit a terrorist attack on US soil?

pcosmar
08-09-2013, 07:55 PM

There are thousands of people that don't like the Federal Reserve. There have been protests against it.. no one is blowing it up.
No one but an ignorant patsy would even consider it. It would accomplish nothing.

Bombs are a horrible tactic,, used only by those wishing to grow government.

pcosmar
08-09-2013, 08:05 PM

His theory is that Foreign Policy creates hatred (blowback). Not all attacks are terrorism. And not everyone with a legitimate gripe is a terrorist.
The attack on the USS Cole was not terrorism. That was an attack on a legitimate military target.
The Sappers in VietNam were not terrorist attacks.
Osama was responsible for attacks on legitimate targets.

And there was no evidence (and they wanted to find anything) that he was connected to 9/11.

Terrorism is largely hype.

08-09-2013, 08:24 PM
I get the feeling I've encountered truthers. We'll never agree so I'll have to bow out of this.

paulbot24
08-09-2013, 08:27 PM
There's a lot of mentally ill people you could easily talk into blowing up buildings if you give them everything they need.

And then there are those that make up a significant portion of the MIC. Or are we talking about the same group?

HOLLYWOOD
08-09-2013, 11:50 PM
There's a lot of mentally ill people you could easily talk into blowing up buildings if you give them everything they need. The point is that they are too mentally ill to research and execute it themselves, so we wouldn't need to worry about them unless something like say someone's budget is at stake.

And then there are those that make up a significant portion of the MIC. Or are we talking about the same group?

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/527561_534205486606279_1805666812_n.jpg

fr33
08-10-2013, 01:12 AM
The FBI has NEVER stopped a domestic terrorist without first arming him and giving him his instructions. In other words, the FBI is a manufacturer of terrorists.