PDA

View Full Version : Ben Swann: Did The Ron Paul Campaign Betray Liberty Voters In Iowa With A Backroom Deal?

ZakCarter
08-09-2013, 09:49 AM
"The Liberty Movement in Iowa is one of the most politically active and well-constructed Liberty movements in the nation. I was proud to speak at a Liberty Iowa event in April of this year and was deeply impressed by the grassroots work being done by this group.

One of the most difficult challenges the Liberty Movement has faced throughout the country is convincing voters that this group rises above the political games and corruption so deeply entrenched in both the Democrat and Republican establishment.

That challenge for Liberty Iowa just got a lot tougher.

The Iowa Republican has released a series of emails and secretly recorded phone conversations over the past couple of days. Those emails and conversations were provided to the Iowa Republican by Dennis Fusaro – the former Executive Director of the Iowans for Right to Work Committee. In those emails, an alleged backdoor deal was made between Iowa State Senator Kent Sorenson and the Paul campaign. The deal included an agreement in which Sorenson would leave his position as the Iowa Chairman of Michelle Bachmann’s 2012 campaign just before the Iowa caucus to endorse Dr. Paul."

Continue reading at - http://benswann.com/did-the-ron-paul-campaign-betray-liberty-voters-in-iowa-with-a-backroom-deal/

This could sting a little, but the truth needs to be told even when it hurts...

belian78
08-09-2013, 09:53 AM
Anything and everything they can do to smear Dr Paul's good name. Well, it's not about him, it's about the message that he brought and the effect it had on us who have awakened to what true Liberty is. Smear his campaign and his name all you want, the fire inside that has been lit will not be extinguished by your words.

pcosmar
08-09-2013, 10:02 AM
Anything and everything they can do to smear Dr Paul's good name. Well, it's not about him, it's about the message that he brought and the effect it had on us who have awakened to what true Liberty is. Smear his campaign and his name all you want, the fire inside that has been lit will not be extinguished by your words.

The Liberty Movement needs to condemn corruption and backroom deals.
Not defend it,, or attempt to justify it.

Let the investigation go where it will and condemn those involved. Whoever they are.

I personally don't think Ron knew about this. And anything done behind his back should not be a reflection on him or the message.

donnay
08-09-2013, 10:04 AM
Of course Jesse Benton knew--that part does not surprise me in the least. Dr. Paul's campaign was a joke because of the likes of Jesse Benton, IMHO. Dr. Paul campaigned to wake people up--that much happened, and I am thankful for Dr. Paul's courage to speak the truth.

Good job Ben for seeking the truth as well!

Cap
08-09-2013, 03:21 PM
Pete's right, let the chips fall where they may.

kathy88
08-09-2013, 03:35 PM
Benton apologists in 3...2...1...

DamianTV
08-09-2013, 03:41 PM
There are many Illusions that are used to enslave people. The Illusion of Choice for example is used to promote their version of Freedom. You are free because you have the Permision From Govt to choose between Coke or Pepsi, wear Nike or Reebok, eat McDonalds or Burger King.

The Illusion of Trust is another. You are expected to trust Police because they wear Costumes and carry Guns. It isnt so much the Guns that you should worry about, you should be more worried about the Costume. WHen the average still asleep person sees the Costume, they stop worrying about the Gun, and that is the biggest problem because the average still asleep person will do nothing about the Gun once they see the Costume. Put on a Suit and Tie and attend a millionare convention and you'll fit right in. Its a fucking costume. Put on a Lab Coat and people will believe that anything scientific that comes out of your mouth must be more accurate than what they could conclude themselves.

This Illusion of Trust is also used to infiltrate every group on the planet. Take a guy in a Turban and slap a Tea Party sticker somewhere on his costume and the context of the costume changes. People will stop thinking that the guy could be an infiltrator (also not saying Turbans are indicative of a bad person, its still a Costume). Im not saying that someone who wears a Turban would never be a Ron Paul supporter. Put on Firefighter Gear and Equipment and just be aware you could be looking at an Actor, not a Firefighter. Full context needs to be known. I dont believe we need to know the full context of every forum member or Ron Paul supporter, but we do need to closely examine those who have the power to represent our beliefs.

The Illusion of Trust is what enabled people like Bachmann and Palin the ability to CLAIM to be a part of the Tea Party, or Occupy. The group itself doesnt matter, but the fact that the Illusion of Trust is used to gain access to the Group is. If we have someone that claims to (at the time) have the desire and power to represent Ron Paul, we need to have Real Trust, not the Illusion of Trust. We all know damn well that our elected representatives do NOT represent the will of the People. They represent the desires of the Lobbyists and Special Interests which will come at the Expense of the People. We dont have Republicans or Democrats in Congress, we have Corrupt Facists. Yet they still wear the same Costumes in order to garner the Illusion of Trust from the people, and they are able to get away with it.

The Illusion of Trust leads to nothing but Misplaced Power.

cajuncocoa
08-09-2013, 04:04 PM
Has Ben been reading my thread?

Antischism
08-09-2013, 04:17 PM
I'm glad people like Ben Swann are out there to uncover the truth, even if it's to show corruption in people we thought were on our side. In the case of Benton, it's not surprising at all. Whether or not Ron Paul himself knew appears to be a mystery. I sure hope he didn't, but in that case, it shows that one of his weaknesses has been mismanagement (or trusting too easily?) of people who represent his name as evident in Benton and his newsletters. However, it doesn't detract from Ron Paul's great effort in waking up many people across this country.

brandon
08-09-2013, 04:25 PM
Am I the only one that really doesn't care? If there are state senators to be bought then by all means buy them. Probably a better use of money than running tv spots.

cajuncocoa
08-09-2013, 04:58 PM
Am I the only one that really doesn't care? If there are state senators to be bought then by all means buy them. Probably a better use of money than running tv spots.
No, you're probably not the only one. Unfortunately there are others who also don't get that you don't fix cronyism and corruption by participating in that which you're supposedly trying to end.

DamianTV
08-09-2013, 05:00 PM
If we believe in Honesty and Integrity, we need to accomplish our goals by using Honesty and Integrity, lest we become the enemy of ourselves.

GunnyFreedom
08-09-2013, 05:25 PM
If we believe in Honesty and Integrity, we need to accomplish our goals by using Honesty and Integrity, lest we become the enemy of ourselves.

hear here

donnay
08-09-2013, 06:01 PM

Well said! +rep

We need to always take the higher ground and lead by example.