PDA

View Full Version : How well did you know jack hunter before all of this?

Mikezelot
08-09-2013, 12:59 AM
Did any one know jack before all this happened? Just out of curiosity. i really liked this guy during the presidential primaries last year

LibertyEagle
08-09-2013, 01:10 AM
What "all" happened? What are you talking about?

RickyJ
08-09-2013, 01:12 AM
Before what happened? I don't know much about him except he is rude and disrespectful which are not ingredients of a successful political campaigner. You have to be diplomatic in politics even about things you vehemently disagree with or you will have little to no chance of getting any swing voters to vote for your candidate.

VoluntaryAmerican
08-09-2013, 01:22 AM
Saw a few of his videos, he had some decent analysis. Never heard him say anything remotely racist or provocative.

LibertyEagle
08-09-2013, 01:36 AM
I think highly of him.

devil21
08-09-2013, 02:01 AM
I drank with him after the spring 2011 Greenville debate, along with a couple other RPF celebs. Vodka tonic is his favorite drink. We talked a lot of politics that night and had a good time. So what's your question about? I have nothing negative to say about him and usually agree with his commentary.

CPUd
08-09-2013, 02:11 AM
http://i.imgur.com/qoSX3m2.gif

kcchiefs6465
08-09-2013, 04:06 AM
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view2/1105561/yawning-cat-o.gif (http://gifsoup.com/view/1105561/yawning-cat.html)

brandon
08-09-2013, 05:13 AM
I never knew about the racist stuff beforehand.

cajuncocoa
08-09-2013, 05:19 AM
http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t270/cajuncocoa/Emoticons/eating_popcorn.gif

Keith and stuff
08-09-2013, 05:44 AM
Did any one know jack before all this happened? Just out of curiosity. i really liked this guy during the presidential primaries last year
Welcome to the forum. Are you asking questions for an article?

Sola_Fide
08-09-2013, 06:09 AM
Welcome to the forum. Are you asking questions for an article?

Hey Mike, quote me! Everyone in the liberty movement is a neo-confederate racist and we yearn for the good ol fashioned slavery of the pre-war South. We like Jim Crow too. That's the Ron Paul movement in a nutshell.

ronpaulfollower999
08-09-2013, 06:58 AM
I know he has wack hair, but I also hear he gets all the ladies.

JoeCorrao
08-09-2013, 08:02 AM
Saw a few of his videos, he had some decent analysis. Never heard him say anything remotely racist or provocative.

He wrote some anti-Lincoln things and pro secession things 20 years ago...and I think he cut some crazy masked wrestling promos...he dropped out because he is being labelled a racist and in turn Rand will be. This will be the BIG anti Rand issue in 2016. Listen to Rand on WBUR's On Point radio show from Tuesday.

http://onpoint.wbur.org/2013/08/06/rand-paul

Antischism
08-09-2013, 08:12 AM
His whole "Southern Avenger" schtick is a turn-off.

RCA
08-09-2013, 08:14 AM
He supported the Chicago Gun Ban due to "States Rights". Nuff said.

08-09-2013, 08:24 AM

Everyone on RPF is a neo nazi, neo confederate, white sheet wearing, cross burning, skinhead. Every single one of us. Be sure to put that in your article, tv spot or whatever you are up to.

AuH20
08-09-2013, 08:31 AM
Jack Hunter is harmless. Some people are just irked by alternate views that depart from the mainstream religion. Take for example, Abraham Lincoln. The mainstream media has projected him to be this mythical figure, while leaving out his warts. I personally don't think he was absolutely abysmal as POTUS, but his legacy has been carefully protected and guarded by academia and the media.

erowe1
08-09-2013, 08:34 AM
He supported the Chicago Gun Ban due to "States Rights". Nuff said.

No. He opposed it. He also opposed the federal government's power grab overturning that law. Just like he would oppose it if they tried to make China change their laws.

fr33
08-09-2013, 08:34 AM
I didn't know about the wrestling mask. I think he's good people.

erowe1
08-09-2013, 08:35 AM
Before what happened?

This.

It looks like nobody knows what the OP is talking about.

AuH20
08-09-2013, 08:41 AM
I, for one, cannot wait until a masked Southern Avenger shows up in political ads. It's so over-the-top that it is funny.

http://media.whas11.com/images/southern+avenger+top+pic+470x264.jpg

Keith and stuff
08-09-2013, 08:59 AM
No. He opposed it. He also opposed the federal government's power grab overturning that law.
No. He opposed the opposition to opposing it because he opposed opposing it by opposing it.

amy31416
08-09-2013, 09:35 AM
I used to be amused by some of his videos in '07-'08, then he got annoying.

Now, I find him less offensive than Obama, but more offensive than a ham sandwich offering during Ramadan.

dannno
08-09-2013, 09:48 AM
Well enough to know that if he said anything that suggested any sort of 'support' for say, something like the assassination of Lincoln, that he was in fact doing it to make the broader philisophical point that Lincoln was tyrannical, didn't follow the Constitution and was responsible for a lot of unneccessary deaths.

Most people in this country would automatically jump to the conclusion that this person who made the statements must be a white supremicist who supports slavery before considering these points.

asurfaholic
08-09-2013, 10:02 AM
Well enough to know that if he said anything that suggested any sort of 'support' for say, something like the assassination of Lincoln, that he was in fact doing it to make the broader philisophical point that Lincoln was tyrannical, didn't follow the Constitution and was responsible for a lot of unneccessary deaths.

Most people in this country would automatically jump to the conclusion that this person who made the statements must be a white supremicist who supports slavery before considering these points.

Ain't that the sad truth.

erowe1
08-09-2013, 10:13 AM
No. He opposed the opposition to opposing it because he opposed opposing it by opposing it.

Of course, you knew that I knew you were going to say that.

But I know you didn't know that I knew that you knew that I knew that you knew it.

Brian4Liberty
08-09-2013, 10:31 AM

Sums it up nicely.

Brian4Liberty
08-09-2013, 10:33 AM

I had watched and enjoyed his Youtube articles from 2008 on. Never saw his funny wrestling mask until now.

RCA
08-09-2013, 12:36 PM
No. He opposed it. He also opposed the federal government's power grab overturning that law. Just like he would oppose it if they tried to make China change their laws.

You really do have a way of saying a lot without ever saying anything. It must have taken you years to perfect that non-skill.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOz0jnOxPg4

RCA
08-09-2013, 12:37 PM

LOL. Erowe1 knows how to non-argue arguments very well.

RCA
08-09-2013, 12:39 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtiM23h07P8

eduardo89
08-09-2013, 12:45 PM
I've chatted with him quite a few times over the past couple months. He ran Rand's official Facebook page and he'd always share my uploads on there.

He's a really great guy. I have a ton of respect and admiration for him and his hair.

erowe1
08-09-2013, 12:46 PM
You really do have a way of saying a lot without ever saying anything. It must have taken you years to perfect that non-skill.

As long as we're all agreed that Hunter never supported the Chicago gun ban.

RickyJ
08-09-2013, 12:50 PM

That's what I mean, the guy is not very respectful to others. You don't tell members of the press to "get the hell out" because you don't like their questions. You don't get voters to your side by doing stuff like that.

eduardo89
08-09-2013, 12:51 PM
That's what I mean, the guy is not very respectful to others. You don't tell members of the press to "get the hell out" because you don't like their questions. You don't get voters to your side by doing stuff like that.

They are not "the press" and they harassed Rand before that. Jack was completely in the right.

RickyJ
08-09-2013, 12:58 PM

He supported the assassination of Lincoln? Really? He thinks the bilderburger group is more controversial and "kookish" to the general public than supporting the assassination of one of America's most admired presidents? The guy has no future in politics where the outcome is determined by voters.

Kotin
08-09-2013, 12:58 PM
great guy.. hung out with him several times at CPAC 2011 and some of the early events/debates that year... 100% genuine and really does have a good head on his shoulders.. also a very nice and funny guy.

erowe1
08-09-2013, 01:03 PM
He supported the assassination of Lincoln? Really? He thinks the bilderburger group is more controversial and "kookish" to the general public than supporting the assassination of one of America's most admired presidents? The guy has no future in politics where the outcome is determined by voters.

He didn't hurt the Ron Paul 2012 campaign.

RickyJ
08-09-2013, 01:29 PM
Holy crap! I just did a duckduckgo search and found out what the OP was talking about when saying "before all this." Rand really should screen people he hires better than this.

http://www.salon.com/2013/07/22/rand_pauls_white_supremacy_double_game/

Have to laugh at this comment at Salon.

He's kin to the AT&T phone installer who almost beat the shit out of me, a business customer, for mocking him when he wouldn't stop droning on about the War of Northern Aggression when he found out I was from DC. I told him, "...we kicked your asses a hundred years ago, and if we have to, we'll do it again."

It might as well be called the war of Southerner aggression. The Confederacy fired the first shots in that war and also attacked the Union's territory first. I don't get defenders of the Confederacy. What was so wonderful about them?

Brian4Liberty
08-09-2013, 02:26 PM
Holy crap! I just did a duckduckgo search and found out what the OP was talking about when saying "before all this." Rand really should screen people he hires better than this.

Holy crap! That article does look like a bunch of crap!

Nothing like taking for gospel neo-conservative's spin, hyperbole and "interpretation" of what someone else wrote, without quoting what was actually written. You do realize that the "Washington Free Beacon" is a neo-conservative propaganda outlet affiliated with Bill Kristol?

erowe1
08-09-2013, 02:29 PM

Why do you think the OP was talking about that? I don't see anything there. It's not a matter of screening. Rand and Ron knew who he was.

And, of course we all knew about Jack Hunter before something that just happened a few weeks ago. How could that be a question?

I thought maybe he meant to ask if we knew about him prior to the 2012 campaign or something.

Feeding the Abscess
08-09-2013, 03:28 PM

The funny (sad?) part of all of this is that Jack took back all those statements and said he no longer holds those views in an effort to keep his job.

Now he has lost the job he attempted to keep by rebuking his past stances, and the audience he pitched to before believes in them.

Moral of the story? Don't capitulate, you'll end up worse off than if you had stuck to your guns.

fr33
08-09-2013, 04:03 PM
The funny (sad?) part of all of this is that Jack took back all those statements and said he no longer holds those views in an effort to keep his job.

Now he has lost the job he attempted to keep by rebuking his past stances, and the audience he pitched to before believes in them.

Moral of the story? Don't capitulate, you'll end up worse off than if you had stuck to your guns.

Not that I have any inside knowledge but I suspect Jack would love to defend himself but is choosing to bite his tongue for Rand's sake. I feel bad for him.

TNforPaul45
08-09-2013, 04:59 PM
They are not "the press" and they harassed Rand before that. Jack was completely in the right.

ANYBODY with a microphone, a question, and a desire to discover and transmit the truth is a member of "the press." You do not need a badge/permit issued by any government office or corporate group to get into the "press." Any person can do this. WeAreChange are press members, regardless of their views, same as any of us in this board who may repost and comment on a story.

Hunter's basic gist in this interview was "lets not criticize the people we used to fight. Lets go along to get along" which is sickening in its own right. Members of the movement are capitulating to the neo-con establishment to try and get some table scraps thrown at them for 2016, and its disgusting. Your defense of Hunter's aloof attitude and dismissive demeanor towards someone with a simple question is equally so.

Exactly. Right on.

juleswin
08-09-2013, 05:16 PM
I have been a subscriber to him youtube channel for years now and I couldn't wait for tues and thursday nights when he could post new video (which was just him reading out his bi-weekly article on video. Anyway, I did not agree with him on everything but I the parts I agreed with greatly out numbered the parts I disagreed with. One incident which I think was a little xenophobic or a little racist was when he referred to the swine flu as Mexican flu. He said it in a way that left the impression on the listeners that Mexican were dirty people who were so dirty that they created a new variety of flu

Apart from that one video, I cannot remember any other videos that I would categorize as racist. Just for the record, I would post his 2 anti Lincoln/ anti civil war videos so newbie can see what the liberals are complaining about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NMJKeg4qBQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xuiLht2eOs

TaftFan
08-09-2013, 05:25 PM
I'm a big fan of his videos.

08-09-2013, 05:37 PM
He didn't hurt the Ron Paul 2012 campaign.

No he didn't, in fact he helped some. He was left alone because Ron had no real chance and Hunter was relatively obscure.

I think the opposition is getting scared that Rand has a solid chance in the next election and is looking for any way to smear him. unfortunately Hunter was a way. I don't think Hunter did anything wrong.

green73
08-09-2013, 05:42 PM
I've chatted with him quite a few times over the past couple months. He ran Rand's official Facebook page and he'd always share my uploads on there.

He's a really great guy. I have a ton of respect and admiration for him and his hair.

ooooook Collins.

green73
08-09-2013, 05:48 PM
Holy crap! That article does look like a bunch of crap!

Nothing like taking for gospel neo-conservative's spin, hyperbole and "interpretation" of what someone else wrote, without quoting what was actually written. You do realize that the "Washington Free Beacon" is a neo-conservative propaganda outlet affiliated with Bill Kristol?

He's an idiot.

eduardo89
08-09-2013, 06:03 PM
ooooook Collins.

Damn, you got me. I'm a Collins sockpuppet. Only Collins has official connections on this forum.

But what would that make my sockpuppets?

devil21
08-09-2013, 06:38 PM
No he didn't, in fact he helped some. He was left alone because Ron had no real chance and Hunter was relatively obscure.

I think the opposition is getting scared that Rand has a solid chance in the next election and is looking for any way to smear him. unfortunately Hunter was a way. I don't think Hunter did anything wrong.

Jack could have been a very effective member of Rand's 2016 campaign team. I don't think he was solely a sacrificial lamb.

Bastiat's The Law
08-09-2013, 07:10 PM

The WeAreChange guy tried to start an argument with Ron Paul delegates at the convention and got owned on video.

Bastiat's The Law
08-09-2013, 07:12 PM
Anyone calling Jack Hunter a racist or a neo-confederate clearly hasn't watched Tom Wood's interview with a zombie.

Bastiat's The Law
08-09-2013, 07:18 PM

I agree with Jack Hunter. This country is being raped openly on a daily basis and you don't need to place a spooky conspiracy theory bow on top of it.

asurfaholic
08-09-2013, 09:25 PM

You are assuming voters do any research before they vote generally.

As long as this didn't make it on Fox or CNN, nobody knows about this. Hell, I didn't even know about this video. How many votes did this incident really cost anyone?

RickyJ
08-10-2013, 12:33 AM
You are assuming voters do any research before they vote generally.

As long as this didn't make it on Fox or CNN, nobody knows about this. Hell, I didn't even know about this video. How many votes did this incident really cost anyone?
That alone probably didn't cost Ron Paul any votes, but if he has a habit of being that way to the press then it will reflect very badly on anyone that he is working for at the time.

fr33
08-10-2013, 12:49 AM

Have to laugh at this comment at Salon.

It might as well be called the war of Southerner aggression. The Confederacy fired the first shots in that war and also attacked the Union's territory first. I don't get defenders of the Confederacy. What was so wonderful about them?
This is why I don't take your conspiracies seriously. You don't even keep up with the news. Old news actually.
You're brainwashed and you only hang on to conspiracies that the biggest nutjobs post. Have you tried to meet with the Boston victim that lost his legs yet?

eduardo89
08-10-2013, 12:58 AM
Jack is one of my favorite people in the liberty movement. I really do hope he gets another great job he loves.

RickyJ
08-10-2013, 01:01 AM
This is why I don't take your conspiracies seriously. You don't even keep up with the news. Old news actually.
You're brainwashed and you only hang on to conspiracies that the biggest nutjobs post. Have you tried to meet with the Boston victim that lost his legs yet?

Who are you? What the heck are you talking about? What does the Boston Bombing have to do with this thread? Nothing! I am talking about no conspiracy here, I am talking about cold hard facts. Hunter hated Lincoln, didn't mind that he was killed. Anyone that thinks that is going to go over well with the majority of Americans isn't thinking clearly.

fr33
08-10-2013, 01:06 AM
Who are you? What the heck are you talking about? What does the Boston Bombing have to do with this thread? Nothing! I am talking about no conspiracy here, I am talking about cold hard facts. Hunter hated Lincoln, didn't mind that he was killed. Anyone that thinks that is going to go over well the majority of Americans isn't thinking clearly.

I'm talking about how oblivious you are to a reality many of us knew a month ago. All while you claim to be a truth seeker. You're not capable of truth seeking. Only capable of fermenting some strange conspiracy at every turn. Reality passes you by on a daily basis.

thoughtomator
08-10-2013, 01:13 AM

If you know the first thing about the Civil War, you should know that Lincoln very deliberately goaded the South into firing the first shots. Which were fired, it should be noted, on Southern soil.

The Confederate fight in its essence was standing up for the limits of power placed on the federal government by the Constitution. Lincoln, in ignoring all limits to his power, was the first U.S. tyrant. The Confederate argument was that those states signed up for a limited government, not an unlimited one, and the expansion of federal powers into areas not authorized by the Constitution was a breach of contract that entitled the aggrieved party the right to remove itself from a bargain it had never signed up for.

There is much you are never taught in schools about the Civil War, such as Lincoln ordering the mass murder of war protestors. And they always omit in describing the Emancipation Proclamation that it specifically didn't apply to slaves held in Union-controlled territories, which blows any pretense that it was done on principle and not as an act of economic war out of the water.

RickyJ
08-10-2013, 02:03 AM
I'm talking about how oblivious you are to a reality many of us knew a month ago. All while you claim to be a truth seeker. You're not capable of truth seeking. Only capable of fermenting some strange conspiracy at every turn. Reality passes you by on a daily basis.

What you consider important and news is not the same as what I consider news and important. I have never liked Jack Hunter, so I ignored any thread talking about the weasel until this one. That is why I didn't know about this recent news concerning him, I just didn't care. However since so many here seem to love the guy, I was curious to see what this was all about. You do not define what reality is and are seemingly oblivious to the elite which manufacture events to push their agenda. You are living in false reality if you ask me, and I doubt you will ever wake up from the brainwashing propaganda the media and government have drilled into people's heads on a daily basis.

devil21
08-10-2013, 02:16 AM
I don't like Thiel because of his involvement with Bilderberg and Palantir. Doesn't have much to do with Jack's opinion of Thiel because I don't do guilt by association games. We're not fighting for group-think. We're fighting for the right to have your opinion. Hope people remember that.

Oh wait....wasn't the smear on Hunter supposed to be a smear on Rand? Guilt by association.

(I still think Bilderberg sucks tho)

Bastiat's The Law
08-10-2013, 02:30 AM
Jack is one of my favorite people in the liberty movement. I really do hope he gets another great job he loves.
Hunter is one of my favorite people too. I'd love to see him get involved with Ben Swann's project or maybe Ron Paul's tv channel. I really miss his weekly content, it was always top notch.

fearthereaperx
08-10-2013, 02:50 AM
I don't like Thiel because of his involvement with Bilderberg and Palantir. Doesn't have much to do with Jack's opinion of Thiel because I don't do guilt by association games. We're not fighting for group-think. We're fighting for the right to have your opinion. Hope people remember that.

Oh wait....wasn't the smear on Hunter supposed to be a smear on Rand? Guilt by association.

(I still think Bilderberg sucks tho)

You can like Peter Thiel and still be skeptical about Bilderberg secrecy.

Dogsoldier
08-10-2013, 02:58 AM
Hunter has hit some home runs in this game. To deny that is ridiculous. He is great at what he does. There was a time or 2 when I disagreed with him during campaign like when he was sugar coating Rand backing Romney. I didn't like that. I'll take Hunter over Madcow any day. Madcow has gave us some good commentaries too. Not a lot but she did. John Stewart. Sometimes its hard to tell who is with us but I think Hunter is. I THINK...This is not a declaration.

I don't see whats so bad about bringing up Bilderberg and agenda 21 and son on...Its true right?

devil21
08-10-2013, 03:22 AM
So through 3 pages the number of posters that have actually met Jack is 2. Where's OP? Still waiting for the question or punchline.

LibertyEagle
08-10-2013, 03:37 AM

I seriously doubt that he said it to "keep his job". Rather, I imagine he said it to for damage control of Rand and the progress that has been made.

LibertyEagle
08-10-2013, 03:40 AM
Hunter has hit some home runs in this game. To deny that is ridiculous. He is great at what he does. There was a time or 2 when I disagreed with him during campaign like when he was sugar coating Rand backing Romney. I didn't like that. I'll take Hunter over Madcow any day. Madcow has gave us some good commentaries too. Not a lot but she did. John Stewart. Sometimes its hard to tell who is with us but I think Hunter is. I THINK...This is not a declaration.

I don't see whats so bad about bringing up Bilderberg and agenda 21 and son on...Its true right?

Uh huh. And it's also likely true that LBJ was involved in Kennedy's assassination and that little green men have visited earth, but it's probably not wise to push those things when running for President. Not when there are events happening all around us that people can touch that they know are true and that they care about.

I agree with Jack Hunter. This country is being raped openly on a daily basis and you don't need to place a spooky conspiracy theory bow on top of it.

^^ THIS!

Christian Liberty
08-10-2013, 09:59 AM
Hey Mike, quote me! Everyone in the liberty movement is a neo-confederate racist and we yearn for the good ol fashioned slavery of the pre-war South. We like Jim Crow too. That's the Ron Paul movement in a nutshell.

LOL!

Jack Hunter is harmless. Some people are just irked by alternate views that depart from the mainstream religion. Take for example, Abraham Lincoln. The mainstream media has projected him to be this mythical figure, while leaving out his warts. I personally don't think he was absolutely abysmal as POTUS, but his legacy has been carefully protected and guarded by academia and the media.

Yeah, "absolutely abysmal" isn't strong enough to describe him.

compromise
08-10-2013, 10:10 AM
The Southern Avenger was one of the most sane, thoughtful, respectable people in this movement.

pcosmar
08-10-2013, 10:21 AM
How well did you know jack hunter before all of this?

I don't know him at all. Never even met him.
He said some good stuff,, and some I didn't agree with. Mostly I did. But that was only what he said on some videos I saw.

I have also heard Rush Limbaugh and Rachel Maddow say stuff I agreed with. And stuff I did not.

He is a commenter, He makes comments. Nothing more.

angelatc
08-10-2013, 10:47 AM
This is why Obama will not release any of his scholarly work.