PDA

View Full Version : Phoenix cops call in the chopper for guy open carrying

green73
08-08-2013, 11:17 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_aEqzE8Jac
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_aEqzE8Jac

JK/SEA
08-08-2013, 11:25 AM
sweet. Another educational moment for the King's men.

BamaAla
08-08-2013, 11:29 AM
Guy: "Is that a crime?"

Dunce cop: "I don't know."

Top flight police work Phoenix

Cleaner44
08-08-2013, 11:31 AM
So the cops want to make a record of who is taking pictures, in case he might plan to blow some shit up. This makes about as much sense as gun control laws, because only non criminals will comply. Why would a terrorist give the cops his name, address and phone number for their records if he is planning on blowing things up?

youngbuck
08-08-2013, 11:36 AM
Can somebody please translate all of the 'oinking' I heard into intelligible english?

shane77m
08-08-2013, 11:38 AM
"You people"

"In this day and age"
The paranoia machine has worked well on that cop.

better-dead-than-fed
08-08-2013, 11:45 AM
Where was this guy when I needed an ethical defense attorney in Arizona? Unavailable thanks to government-regulation of the practice of law in Arizona.

jtap
08-08-2013, 11:46 AM
So disappointing. I thought Arizona was a more friendly state to gun owners as I recently saw it ranked number 1 (http://www.gunsandammo.com/2013/03/14/ga-ranks-the-best-states-for-gun-owners-in-2013/).

torchbearer
08-08-2013, 11:47 AM
So the cops want to make a record of who is taking pictures, in case he might plan to blow some shit up. This makes about as much sense as gun control laws, because only non criminals will comply. Why would a terrorist give the cops his name, address and phone number for their records if he is planning on blowing things up?

they want a name for every incident.
they have a incident report database.
that is the reason they want to know who you are- they don't say it, but that is it.
so, when in the future they run your identity- they will see how many times they have had any kind of encounter with you.

torchbearer
08-08-2013, 11:48 AM
"You people"

"In this day and age"
The paranoia machine has worked well on that cop.

saw that...

VoluntaryAmerican
08-08-2013, 11:50 AM
This guy has Liberty Bell sized balls. :D

pcosmar
08-08-2013, 11:56 AM
Need a nationwide network of brave souls to walk around with harmless chunks of wood in the vague shapes of firearms.

Seriously,, waste the resources till they are dried up. And make this stupidity front page news.

caution
doing this harmless act could put your life in jeopardy Bravery is required..

heavenlyboy34
08-08-2013, 11:56 AM
Stupid cop is stupid. People take photos of scenery in Phoenix as much as they do in any big city (quite regularly). It's not new. I was assigned to take pictures from an overpass once in high school. (over what was then Squaw Peak freeway, IIRC) Good on the fellow who didn't let the pigs intimidate him.

heavenlyboy34
08-08-2013, 11:58 AM
So disappointing. I thought Arizona was a more friendly state to gun owners as I recently saw it ranked number 1 (http://www.gunsandammo.com/2013/03/14/ga-ranks-the-best-states-for-gun-owners-in-2013/).
The law is quite gun-friendly. East coasters tend to kinda freak out when they see Phoenicians open-carrying. :D Cops are just assholes. :P

VoluntaryAmerican
08-08-2013, 12:01 PM
Stupid cop is stupid. People take photos of scenery in Phoenix as much as they do in any big city (quite regularly). It's not new. I was assigned to take pictures from an overpass once in high school. (over what was then Squaw Peak freeway, IIRC) Good on the fellow who didn't let the pigs intimidate him.

Take pictures long enough and you'll get harassed by the cops.

presence
08-08-2013, 12:05 PM
OWNED

We need more of this.

better-dead-than-fed
08-08-2013, 12:25 PM
The law [in Arizona] is quite gun-friendly. East coasters tend to kinda freak out when they see Phoenicians open-carrying. :D Cops are just assholes. :P

Just a little heads-up, these laws do seem friendly, until you criticize government employees one too many times; and then all of a sudden you have a lot of government-paid psychiatrists asking you what you own. And this does not violate the 4th Amendment or your right to remain silent, because they're really just making sure you can think straight, and the way they do this is by forcing you to admit what you own. And next they are asking you why you felt the need to own a gun, and the legal burden is not on them to prove you committed a crime; the burden is on you to prove that your thoughts are not "mistrustful" of government employees. At that point your concealed-carry permit doesn't mean much.

shane77m
08-08-2013, 12:53 PM
Upon thinking more about the video, perhaps the cops and government officials have good reason to worry?

erosion of rights, funny money, various abuses, and etc.....

There is only so much people will take. Seems like it will only be a matter of time before they anger the wrong group of people.

By the way NSA, FBI, and etc. My post is merely thoughts.

shane77m
Upon thinking more about the video, perhaps the cops and government officials have good reason to worry?

erosion of rights, funny money, various abuses, and etc.....

There is only so much people will take. Seems like it will only be a matter of time before they anger the wrong group of people.

By the way NSA, FBI, and etc. My post is merely thoughts.

Czolgosz
"We don't need a warrant to be standing on the street taking pictures of your house."

Ding.

Neil Desmond
08-08-2013, 01:02 PM
Well, at least these cops are trying to explain what they're doing, why they're doing it, etc. I can't say the same about the federal government with their NSA secretly spying on people; it takes a guy named Snowden to let us know about it only after he bails out of the country (for I'm not sure what reason, to avoid getting the Manning treatment?).

heavenlyboy34
08-08-2013, 01:06 PM
Just a little heads-up, these laws do seem friendly, until you criticize government employees one too many times; and then all of a sudden you have a lot of government-paid psychiatrists asking you what you own. And this does not violate the 4th Amendment or your right to remain silent, because they're really just making sure you can think straight, and the way they do this is by forcing you to admit what you own. And next they are asking you why you felt the need to own a gun, and the legal burden is not on them to prove you committed a crime; the burden is on you to prove that your thoughts are not "mistrustful" of government employees. At that point your concealed-carry permit doesn't mean much.
Excellent point.

acptulsa
08-08-2013, 01:16 PM
Your tax dollars at work.

Government is necessary to protect you, but must protect itself from you lest it be unable to protect you.

Sick the environmentalists on them. It isn't much of a stretch to say that, if this is the most useful thing they can find to do with it on any given day, that helicopter should be parked and it's pollution-spewing jet should be shut down for the night.

jtap
08-08-2013, 01:34 PM
The law is quite gun-friendly. East coasters tend to kinda freak out when they see Phoenicians open-carrying. :D Cops are just assholes. :P

It's amazing how far the country has come that anyone open-carrying gets the cops called on them. Fear-mongering has clearly won.

Maybe if open carriers wear faux LEO uniforms the sheeple won't call the cops on them thinking they are cops. There is probably a law against that though whereas the gentleman obeying the law has a helicopter tracking him.

EBounding
08-08-2013, 01:46 PM
Where's the MRAP? :(

eduardo89
08-08-2013, 01:49 PM
Fucking absurd, especially considering in Arizona you do not need any permit to carry a firearm openly or concealed.