PDA

View Full Version : Megyn Kelly to Take Hannity's Fox Time Slot

FSP-Rebel
08-08-2013, 10:50 AM
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journalism/2013/08/08/Drudge-Megyn-Kelly-To-Take-Hannitys-Slot
I'd be surprised if they back-benched him tho.

ObiRandKenobi
08-08-2013, 11:10 AM
oh noes all his sucking up to john boehner was all for not???

VBRonPaulFan
08-08-2013, 11:13 AM

he's probably going to get a better prime-time slot.

KEEF
08-08-2013, 11:14 AM

Like remove O'Reilly's time spot? As much as I do not like Hannity, I'd be alright with that.

Carlybee
08-08-2013, 11:15 AM
Hannity said something the other day that stood out...a radio caller asked him why he didn't move from NYC..he said he still has a contract for his Fox show and he has to "get someone elected". If there was any doubt about agendas.

ObiRandKenobi
08-08-2013, 11:17 AM

other than o'reilly there is no better time-slot.

ZENemy
08-08-2013, 11:21 AM
PLEASE stop Supporting MainStream TV

kathy88
08-08-2013, 11:24 AM
All for naught... Public school? Lol

FSP-Rebel
08-08-2013, 11:29 AM
Hannity said something the other day that stood out...a radio caller asked him why he didn't move from NYC..he said he still has a contract for his Fox show and he has to "get someone elected". If there was any doubt about agendas.
interesting

ObiRandKenobi
08-08-2013, 11:30 AM
maybe he wants to start his own channel like glenn beck. a place where establishment cronies feel welcome.

VBRonPaulFan
08-08-2013, 11:31 AM
other than o'reilly there is no better time-slot.

Yeah, I didn't realize this but his ratings have been going down dramatically. He used to garner awesome ratings, but it looks like Fox may be giving him the boot. Apparently his radio show is about to get dropped by the current provider, too.

ObiRandKenobi
08-08-2013, 11:34 AM
Yeah, I didn't realize this but his ratings have been going down dramatically. He used to garner awesome ratings, but it looks like Fox may be giving him the boot. Apparently his radio show is about to get dropped by the current provider, too.

10 years later, alan colmes gets his revenge.

KEEF
08-08-2013, 11:36 AM
The comments in that article suck.

So my comment I had to put up after reading a number of them.

Judging by the majority of the comments I read, it looks like FOX/CNN/ MSNBC/ etc. have all done their jobs at distracting the general public into thinking everything is dichotomous and that if you don't vote for candidate x or support this position on this issue, then the other team is going to win.

The whole main stream media is bought and paid for so to get America to focus on subject matter (i.e. George Zimmerman trial) that is going to have little to no effect on their lives and ignore major stories of how both the R's and the D's are taking our rights away. Whenever the issues of civil liberties being stripped and our Constitution being trashed get brought up , these news agencies decide to err on the side of pushing an agenda that guys like Edward Snowden and Bradley Manning are traitors and so there is no need to pay attention to the man behind the curtain because it is the American Government's job to keep us all safe... biggest crock of BS.

kahless
Hannity still leads the competition. From a business stand point this is a huge mistake. I really cannot see Kelly holding onto the ratings lead.

I wonder if he did not renew because the parties could not agree on a new contract. He will likely be picked up by a competitor. I suspect CNN would love to take the lead from FNC in that time slot.

VBRonPaulFan
10 years later, alan colmes gets his revenge.

yeah, although I think the ratings drop has been recent (this year?). wasn't he getting really good ratings last year?

heavenlyboy34
08-08-2013, 11:38 AM
The market for whiny, character assassinating douchebags is drying up? Oh noez! Faux noise is in trouble! :eek:

ObiRandKenobi
08-08-2013, 11:41 AM
yeah, although I think the ratings drop has been recent (this year?). wasn't he getting really good ratings last year?

yeah but didn't everybody since it was an election year?

anyway, they're like "young demo" want to get younger blah blah blah.

kahless
08-08-2013, 11:46 AM
Maybe they will just move him to 10pm and the O'Reilly repeat to midnight.

According to Mediabistro

Hannity, along with Bill O’Reilly, Greta Van Susteren, Bret Baier and Shepard Smith, recently signed long-term contracts with Fox News Channel.

kahless
08-08-2013, 11:50 AM

He is still getting good ratings. In total viewers Tuesday night 1388 to Maddows 655. He is also typically far ahead of the competition in the 25-54 demo. Although on rare occassion like Tuesday night he lost to Maddow in the 25-54 demo.

http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/category/ratings

KEEF
08-08-2013, 11:53 AM
How about the Megan Hannity Show...?

http://www.freakingnews.com/pictures/26500/Sean-a-Hannity--26885.jpg

KEEF
08-08-2013, 12:03 PM
Hitler doesn't seem to be too happy with the old Hannity either;)
http://FunnyOrDie.com/m/3tkq

Philhelm
08-08-2013, 12:11 PM
Hitler doesn't seem to be too happy with the old Hannity either;)
http://FunnyOrDie.com/m/3tkq

Godwin!

FSP-Rebel
08-08-2013, 12:49 PM
MK is as arrogant as BO if not more, can't stand the broad.

Cutlerzzz
08-08-2013, 01:57 PM
Hannity is possibly the biggest joke in the Republican Party. He is the ultimate caricature of a blind partisan who supports his party no matter what. Republicans I know who used be fans are sick of him.

Giving him his own show was a mistake. With Colmes on, Hannity blindly defending the Republicans seemed more understandable seeing as he had a Democratic cohost.

eduardo89
08-08-2013, 02:09 PM
Hannity is possibly the biggest joke in the Republican Party.

Hannity isn't a member of the Republican Party...

FSP-Rebel
08-08-2013, 02:18 PM
We all know he's registered in the NY Conservative Party so he can give more cred to his talking points all the while showcasing Rove The Architect over and over during election season conditioning those who will listen on who the good candidates (establishment) are. Of course, he brings on Tea Party folk to complete his image.

fr33
08-08-2013, 02:22 PM
You're a great American, comrade.

KEEF
08-08-2013, 02:47 PM
HA HA!! Oh I hope this is true... just came out today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgkJ3HnJjUM&feature=em-uploademail

HOLLYWOOD
08-08-2013, 03:09 PM
PLEASE stop Supporting MainStream TVTRUE! Everyone stop believing Corpora-Fascist Media is looking out for you. NAB is the 4th branch of the government and TPTB.

Hannity should NEVER receive any credibility, especially after his intentionally directed 48 hours Iowa targeting and desecrating of RON PAUL, timed right before the presidential caucus. Hannity is a propagandist, puppet to his masters and a saboteur. Hannity is in the inner circle elitist club to do their bidding.

First-class ticket and private jet not good enough for "regular guy" Sean Hannity
Less than a week before he was scheduled to speak to students at Washington University in St. Louis, ABC Radio Networks host and FOX News Channel host Sean Hannity -- who regularly casts himself as an "average American" while attacking Senator John Kerry's "elitist lifestyle" -- reportedly canceled the appearance because flight arrangements were not made to his liking.
According to an October 6 article (http://mediamatters.org/rd?http://www.studlife.com/news/2004/10/06/News/Hannity.Cancels.Appearance-743419.shtml) in the Washington University magazine Student Life, Hannity "reportedly asked that the media not be informed of his motivations for the decision." The students who had coordinated the event -- who had raised $20,000 to bring Hannity to their campus -- described what happened:

Hannity cited personal reasons for his cancellation, said law student Ruth Hollander after speaking with the right-wing pundit over the phone yesterday. Hannity, Hollander said, requested a private jet to fly him to St. Louis for the speech, but then rejected "several" different jets offered by a private donor. He told Hollander about a "bad experience" with the prominent company that had manufactured all the jets offered for his trip.
"[Hannity's agent] said he thought we should say that because of the short time frame involved, it didn't work out," said Hollander. "I said I didn't think that was the truth, and...I really felt we had met all of our commitments and we were going to be honest when asked."
When Hollander and fellow law student Melinda Gorman failed to locate a jet manufactured by another company, they offered Hannity a first-class ticket on a commercial flight. He refused.
"He was very forceful on the phone," said Hollander. "It was hard to get a word in edgewise with him. He was interrupting me a lot."
Hannity's identity as an "average American" is an essential ingredient of his on-air persona. From ABC Radio Networks' The Sean Hannity Show:

On the October 6 broadcast of The Sean Hannity Show, Hannity attempted to explain the reason for his cancellation of the Washington University event, saying it was something "we didn't have enough time to fully and completely vet out and put together":

HANNITY: We had tried to do something similar for this Friday in St. Louis, and I know there was some press about it, and I want to apologize to all of you that were supporting our coming there to counter Michael Moore. It's just something that we didn't have enough time to fully and completely vet out and put together, and it went out frankly -- was advertised regrettably, prematurely, and it had not been solidified on our part in any way, shape, manner or form. ... I know some of you were looking forward to us coming and we just couldn't put it together. And I hope you understand because literally, just the credential-gathering process is a couple of hours of our day. We've gotta travel, we've got radio preparations we've gotta do, we got the three-hour show we're gonna do from St. Louis. We've gotta get on over, get the proper credentials so that we can get into the TV coverage for that night, obviously this Friday night -- and we just weren't able to pull it together for a lot of different reasons. And I just want to say I'm sorry and I'm gonna find a way to make it up to our St. Louis radio audience when I can get a spare moment.

anaconda
08-08-2013, 04:06 PM

Hannity is a self-described "Reagan Conservative."

aka drug running, arms dealing, CIA destabilizing, continuity of government FEMA creating, Latin America terrorizing, budget deficit enhancing, military-industrial complex enriching, doormat for neocons.

AuH20
08-08-2013, 04:07 PM
maybe he wants to start his own channel like glenn beck. a place where establishment cronies feel welcome.

Hannity has no audience, which would make such an endeavor impossible.

ObiRandKenobi
08-08-2013, 04:07 PM
"Reagan Conservative." aka drug running, arms dealing, CIA destabilizing, continuity of government FEMA creating, Latin America terrorizing, budget deficit enhancing, doormat for neocons, ..

Sean Hannity now claims he's totally happy about losing his time slot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxELOmmQ3Sw

Scrapmo
08-08-2013, 06:34 PM
With the T.V. on mute we now have a slightly watchable timeslot on Faux News.

Roxi
08-08-2013, 07:29 PM
HA HA!! Oh I hope this is true... just came out today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgkJ3HnJjUM&feature=em-uploademail

LOL at the pic of M. Kelly they used at the beginning.

alucard13mm
08-08-2013, 07:30 PM
Megyn Kelly is alright. I sometimes think she has a crush on Ron. Hehehe.

Plus having looks apparently is good for ratings as well.

cindy25
08-08-2013, 07:53 PM
did Hannity have too much Rand? Alles supports Hillary.

VIDEODROME
08-08-2013, 08:15 PM
Next they should replace Bill O'Reilly with Lou Dobbs.

tod evans
08-08-2013, 08:21 PM
Who?

Henry Rogue
08-08-2013, 08:39 PM
Who?
I think he is on fox business. I watch stossel once in a while and he comes on after. He is pretty much the same as the rest of them, but once he did have on John W. Whitehead author of "A Government of Wolves: The Emerging American Police State". Which is a book similar to Radley Balko's book "Rise of the Warrior Cop: The Militarization of America's Police Forces" and he was receptive to it.