PDA

View Full Version : Work

DGambler
08-07-2013, 08:49 PM
Just a general question, and perhaps it is just the company I'm working for.

Has anyone else experienced, in the last 12 months, an insane pace being hoisted onto the backs of yourself and your fellow employees? The siren song of "do more with less" taken to absurd levels?

I don't mind work, I enjoy it, but recently, the volume that is being thrown at me has increased so drastically that I'm having trouble keeping up. And it's not just me, other people at my level in the organization are experiencing the same thing.

Anyway, I'm sitting here working and thought I'd ask the only forum I visit anymore.

Carlybee
08-07-2013, 09:17 PM
My busy times are seasonal, but I have seen my benefits slowly erode to almost nothing.

pcosmar
08-07-2013, 09:19 PM
Anyway, I'm sitting here working and thought I'd ask the only forum I visit anymore.

Not me,, I have not been employed for years,, but my wife has commented on this. The company is cutting back hours,, not hiring etc.
The crews all work shorthanded.

I would expect that all over. Between the failing economy and greater burdens to employers (Obamacare)..Yup,, I expect so.

mad cow
08-07-2013, 09:22 PM
You're sitting at work,surfing the web and you're being overworked at the same time? :confused:

deadfish
08-07-2013, 09:31 PM
You're sitting at work,surfing the web and you're bring overworked at the same time? :confused:

Lol... glad I am not the only one that found that strange.

heavenlyboy34
08-07-2013, 09:40 PM
You're sitting at work,surfing the web and you're bring overworked at the same time? :confused:Maybe he's good with time management (like yours truly). :)

mad cow
08-07-2013, 09:54 PM
Well if I was either one of your bosses there would be a little more working and a little less surfing around here. ;)

DGambler
08-07-2013, 10:06 PM
Well if I was either one of your bosses there would be a little more working and a little less surfing around here. ;)

I'm sitting in a hotel room catching up on email that I couldn't get to during the day and alt-tabbed to ask a question because I was pondering it on the tail end of a 15 hour day.

And yes, I'm good at time management, but the old skills are being greatly tested these days.

My bosses don't look over my shoulder, my office is virtual. ;)

Just was wondering if other people are experiencing it as well.

Yes, benefits are getting worse.... I'd be fine with that if I could buy reasonably priced insurance in the market and had more money in my pocket.

Lindsey
08-08-2013, 10:02 PM
Has anyone else experienced, in the last 12 months, an insane pace being hoisted onto the backs of yourself and your fellow employees? The siren song of "do more with less" taken to absurd levels?

Yes, but it's longer than 12 months.

oyarde
08-08-2013, 10:08 PM
Just a general question, and perhaps it is just the company I'm working for.

I don't mind work, I enjoy it, but recently, the volume that is being thrown at me has increased so drastically that I'm having trouble keeping up. And it's not just me, other people at my level in the organization are experiencing the same thing.

Pretty much since 09 , really bad since Dec 011 and 2013 the worst. No hiring , just lots of work. I probably have enough work for twice as many people as I have , finally , this yr I was allowed a part time guy to add .