PDA

View Full Version : Opposition Rises to New University of California President: Janet Napolitano!!?

dannno
08-07-2013, 10:47 AM
http://www.independent.com/news/2013/aug/05/opposition-rises-new-uc-president

Opposition Rises to New UC President

Students and Workers Question Appointment of Former Homeland Security Czar Janet Napolitano
Monday, August 5, 2013
By Kelsey Brugger

The recent appointment of former Department of Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano as the new president of the University of California sparked vocal opposition by some UC faculty and students. The UC Student-Workers Union, also known as UAW Local 2865, was among the chief opponents.

oyarde
08-07-2013, 10:54 AM
This is funny .

HOLLYWOOD
08-07-2013, 11:18 AM
Janet Napolitano has ZERO experience in running a collegiate system... how the fuck do these elitist insiders keep getting away with this shit? Maybe if the UC campuses were seeking a POLICE STATE to pepper spray any dissonance... oh wait. Let's go one Janet step further... bring in those College MRAPs & Strykers!(painted in College Colors of course)

PS: Warnings on Campuses Now, because if there's anything; al CIAda, Al Kabob, Nusara Nitwits want to target, it's the Banana Slugs of UC Santa Cruz. Right Janet? the state of FEAR.

dannno
08-07-2013, 11:53 AM
Bump cuz this is weird.

Brian4Liberty
08-07-2013, 02:46 PM
I oppose her appointment (to anything).

youngbuck
08-07-2013, 03:52 PM
From article:

UAW Local 2865 — which represents more than 12,000 academic student employees including teaching assistants, readers, and tutors— claimed in a statement that the selection process occurred in a “clandestine fashion” and “shut out public involvement.” Quite similar to everything else she's been involved in?

The union’s complaints are two-fold: ... The second is that Napolitano lacks higher-education experience and instead has an extensive background in surveillance, cyber-security, and border controls. It's like being appointed as a football coach when you don't know anything about the sport. SMFH

Perez-Foust worries that Napolitano ... will increase an intimidating police presence on campuses in response to student activism. “It is completely out of step with what we expect from a public institution,” he said. Sorry, but you need to pull the wool from over your eyes, buddy.

“Universities used to be bastions against political influence, and now they aren’t,” he said. “[Now], there is no communication between rank-and-file faculty and the administration.” LOL, this guy should be a comedian!

anaconda
08-07-2013, 03:54 PM
University of California was the top donor to Obama in 2008. Not Goldman Sachs.

http://www.opensecrets.org/pres08/contrib.php?cid=N00009638

alucard13mm
08-07-2013, 03:58 PM
What... The Fudge...

LOL. tuition has been increasing about 5-7% every 2 years at the UC system but with same quality or progressively bad quality of classes.

anaconda
08-07-2013, 04:15 PM
Here is a very LONG but mind blowing article about how U.C. Berkeley, Harvard, and a few other universities interacted with the CIA and The Ford Foundation to overthrow the Indonesian government on behalf of U.S. business interests.

http://www.cia-on-campus.org/internat/indo.html

I've no doubt that what's described here is a typical model in U.S. foreign policy (academia, NGO's, and the CIA). These Universities appear to function, in part, as intelligence agency operatives. The entire establishment system is a big revolving door. I imagine that running a University like this is very similar to running the CIA or the SEC or an NGO. I was introduced to this notion when I watched Mike Ruppert's lecture at Portland State University - where he talks about, among other things, the revolving door between Wall Street and the CIA. On the surface these things seem strange, but in reality make perfect sense.

osan
08-07-2013, 05:29 PM
...Maybe if the UC campuses were seeking a POLICE STATE...

Ever attend UC? I did. They've gone NAZI since I was at Davis. Used to be able to keep a rifle at the dorm security office - if I even mention a gun now a SWAT team would likely shoot me stone-dead. Janet would fit in well.

anaconda
08-07-2013, 08:03 PM
University of California is obviously an extension of the intelligence community. It's completely understandable that Napolitano would be able to coordinate their activities and budgets with the federal government.

amy31416
08-07-2013, 08:40 PM
Ain't nothing gonna change. John Yoo is a freaking professor at Berkeley last I checked.