PDA

View Full Version : Cardboard cops

devil21
08-07-2013, 03:57 AM
Yep.

It's also a money saver. Lenehan estimates it would cost $200,000 a year to have an officer watch over the cage full-time.

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/1283439/thumbs/s-CARDBOARD-COP-large.jpg?6

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/06/cardboard-cop-boston_n_3712477.html

aGameOfThrones
08-07-2013, 04:03 AM
At least they're not assholes.

devil21
08-07-2013, 04:08 AM
At least they're not assholes.

Would I be flagged if I mentioned this?

http://www.mrconservative.com/2013/02/5113-shocking-dhs-spends-2-million-on-no-hesitation-civilian-targets/

Hope not. Good for the goose....

(huge business opportunity for anyone with the balls to do it.....)

amy31416
08-07-2013, 04:44 AM
Shouldn't they have used a thinner model? This one used too much cardboard and is not a good role model for the Obama generation.

GunnyFreedom
08-07-2013, 05:34 AM
ygbsm

tod evans
08-07-2013, 05:40 AM
ygbsm

WTF?

aGameOfThrones
08-07-2013, 05:56 AM
WTF?

YouGuysBitchSoMuch or the other... YouGotaBeShittingMe

Philhelm
08-07-2013, 07:29 AM
YouGuysBitchSoMuch or the other... YouGotaBeShittingMe

Oh...that must be it. I thought it was something about young gay boys.

paulbot24
08-07-2013, 10:14 AM
"Lenehan estimates it would cost $200,000 a year to have an officer watch over the cage full-time."

Can this be accurate? The dumbest laziest cop on the entire force that they would pick for this pathetic job would cost them $200k/yr?

noneedtoaggress
08-07-2013, 10:41 AM
"Lenehan estimates it would cost $200,000 a year to have an officer watch over the cage full-time."

Can this be accurate? The dumbest laziest cop on the entire force that they would pick for this pathetic job would cost them $200k/yr?

Yeah if they chose to put a real officer in that cage to watch the bikes 24/7 for an entire year (without sleeping?).

They just have to put like 4 more cardboard cut outs in the same cage there and it will save them a million dollars a year. WOW! Apple should hire that chief to run the company now that Steve Jobs is gone. He's brilyant.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
08-07-2013, 10:44 AM
Shouldn't they have used a thinner model?

They want them to look realistic.

noneedtoaggress
08-07-2013, 10:45 AM
They want them to look realistic.

Still not quite their yet. They should have had a stuffed dog carcass at his feet.

VBRonPaulFan
08-07-2013, 10:58 AM
hey look! free target dummies!

GunnyFreedom
08-07-2013, 12:15 PM
Oh...that must be it. I thought it was something about young gay boys.

LMAO -- I get it from the Wild Weasels:

http://www.frontiernet.net/~freitag/Korat/patches/wild_weasel.jpg

Navy and Marines have kind of squadron called "Wild Weasels" whose mission is to fly directly into anti aircraft gun and missile emplacement until they get painted, and then drop ordinance on the source radar. Legend has it the first time they came up with the idea and recruited some pilots to do it, their first reaction to their mission statement "Fly right into anti aircraft ordinance" was "You Gotta Be Shitting Me." So from that point on, "YGBSM" is on all the official squadron patched for Wild Weasel squadrons. :p

Scrapmo
08-07-2013, 05:34 PM
If someone vanadalizes the cutout would they be charged with obstructing an officer, Assuallt and resisting arrest?

PaulConventionWV
08-07-2013, 09:19 PM
Still not quite their yet. They should have had a stuffed dog carcass at his feet.

It's there, not their. There refers to a place, while their denotes ownership.

devil21
08-08-2013, 02:14 AM

Well, it could if you figure in the future pension and health care obligations of that cop if he reaches retirement age.

Danke
08-17-2013, 11:37 PM
LMAO -- I get it from the Wild Weasels:

http://www.frontiernet.net/~freitag/Korat/patches/wild_weasel.jpg

Navy and Marines have kind of squadron called "Wild Weasels" whose mission is to fly directly into anti aircraft gun and missile emplacement until they get painted, and then drop ordinance on the source radar. Legend has it the first time they came up with the idea and recruited some pilots to do it, their first reaction to their mission statement "Fly right into anti aircraft ordinance" was "You Gotta Be Shitting Me." So from that point on, "YGBSM" is on all the official squadron patched for Wild Weasel squadrons. :p

no

This started with the Air Force program.

Specifically the F-100F.

I flew Wild Weasel missions over Iraq.

The marines in typical fashion, were clueless in this mission.

GunnyFreedom
08-17-2013, 11:59 PM
no

This started with the Air Force program.

Specifically the F-100F.

I flew Wild Weasel missions over Iraq.

The marines in typical fashion, were clueless in this mission.

You are right, developed by the Air Force in 1965. Adopted quickly by the Navy and Marines. I guess the Marine pilots weren't mentally defective enough to actually want to fly right into the jaws of an anti-aircraft missile just to make it light up. :p

I do know that Naval and Marine aviators were flying Wild Weasel squadrons back in Vietnam, so the concept spread very rapidly indeed. Still, YGBSM!

Danke
08-18-2013, 12:04 AM
You are right, developed by the Air Force in 1965. Adopted quickly by the Navy and Marines. I guess the Marine pilots weren't mentally defective enough to actually want to fly right into the jaws of an anti-aircraft missile just to make it light up. :p

I do know that Naval and Marine aviators were flying Wild Weasel squadrons back in Vietnam, so the concept spread very rapidly indeed. Still, YGBSM!

Well, by the time I got into the program, it was a welcomed challenge. Hunter / killer.

GunnyFreedom
08-18-2013, 12:25 AM
Well, by the time I got into the program, it was a welcomed challenge. Hunter / killer.

Too bad you weren't around for post #5, would have saved folks a lot of confusion. I don't imagine there is a Wild Weasel in all of the United States unfamiliar with "YGBSM"

Danke
08-18-2013, 12:29 AM
Too bad you weren't around for post #5, would have saved folks a lot of confusion. I don't imagine there is a Wild Weasel in all of the United States unfamiliar with "YGBSM"

There is a famous video of the guy saying that, but I could not find it.

Origanalist
08-18-2013, 07:10 AM
So Danke returns, avatar restored and all. Did you hold out until they gave it back? :)