PDA

View Full Version : Bradley Manning's max prison sentence reduced to 90 years

mad cow
08-07-2013, 01:04 AM
U.S. Army Private First Class Bradley Manning’s maximum prison sentence of 136 years was reduced to a maximum sentence of 90 years behind bars.

Judge Denise Lind, an Army colonel, announced Manning’s reduced sentence during a closed session at Ft. Meade, Md., on Tuesday. Lind agreed in part to a motion proposed by the defense to merge various charges against Manning.

“She merged two Espionage specifications for transmission of the Iraq and Afghan SigActs, the theft and transmission of the Guantanamo Bay Detainee Assessment Briefs (DABs), and the theft and fraudulent downloading of the State Dept. cables and GTMO DABs,” Nathan Fuller, a writer for the Bradley Manning Support Network, reports.

See something,say something,if that something is something that the government approves of.
So glad that Edward Snowden fled the country,More at link.
http://dailycaller.com/2013/08/06/bradley-manning-sentenced-to-90-years-in-prison/

CPUd
08-07-2013, 01:41 AM
That's not the sentence, just the maximum possible sentence he could get.

mad cow
08-07-2013, 01:43 AM
Thanks for the correction,I read it wrong.

HOLLYWOOD
08-07-2013, 03:08 AM
AND... what was the sentencing of the aircrew that murdered the Reuters News crew and also shot up the 2 kids in the van, and murdered their father?

SO... when's the court date for Colonel James Steele and Secretary Donald Rumsfeld with their torture chambers of horror and murdering terror squads?

Rule of law for the peasants... immunity for the connected and government.

tod evans
08-07-2013, 04:26 AM

Please go stand in your yard mundane, a drone has been dispatched.

cindy25
08-07-2013, 05:15 AM
at some point post Obama his sentence will be commuted to time served.

green73
08-07-2013, 06:15 AM
Thanks for the correction,I read it wrong.

Doesn't help that the Daily Caller has an inaccurate headline.

cajuncocoa
08-07-2013, 06:16 AM
AND... what was the sentencing of the aircrew that murdered the Reuters News crew and also shot up the 2 kids in the van, and murdered their father?

SO... when's the court date for Colonel James Steele and Secretary Donald Rumsfeld with their torture chambers of horror and murdering terror squads?

Reported.

tod evans
08-07-2013, 06:22 AM

I don't believe this for a minute.

The only way Mr. Manning is getting out is if some Americans grow enough balls to behave like al-CIA-da and break the political prisoners out of prison.

Origanalist
08-07-2013, 06:37 AM

Do you think a president Rand Paul would do so? Otherwise I don't see it.

liveandletlive
08-07-2013, 07:07 AM
he is a young guy, hope he gets no more than 20

fisharmor
08-07-2013, 07:14 AM
Do you think a president Rand Paul would do so?

Is there evidence that Rand would?

Icymudpuppy
08-07-2013, 07:44 AM
I don't believe this for a minute.

The only way Mr. Manning is getting out is if some Americans grow enough balls to behave like al-CIA-da and break the political prisoners out of prison.

I'm in. Who's with me?

brandon
08-07-2013, 07:46 AM
Incorrect title. He hasn't been sentenced yet. You gave me a heart attack OP. I'm still holding out for him to get 20ish years with time served and early parole.

pcosmar
08-07-2013, 08:36 AM
That is also the accumulation of all the several sentences. I would hope that the judge orders them run concurrently.

I was sentenced to three 25yr sentences (75yrs) but it was concurrent,,and I completed it in 25.

I will hope the same for him. (he should not be sentenced at all)

brandon
08-07-2013, 08:41 AM
Damn boss, you did 25 years in the slammer? No early parole?

pcosmar
08-07-2013, 09:21 AM
Damn boss, you did 25 years in the slammer? No early parole?

Oh no,, I was paroled, I finished my sentence on parole.

Being paroled is not the end of a sentence,, It is supervised, and I was visited at home and work often. I could not travel without permission and a full itinerary. They monitor your whole life.
Parole ended when my sentence ended. 1980 to 2005.

JK/SEA
08-07-2013, 09:27 AM
I'm in. Who's with me?

sadly, i'm fairly certain there could be thousands with the same sentiment, but FEAR of being confronted, AND LOSING, is the lone reason this won't happen.

Yet.

muh_roads
08-07-2013, 09:51 AM
Up to 90 years for exposing that our government kills innocent civilians and journalists on purpose then denies it.

God bless 'murica.

Lucille
08-10-2013, 07:47 PM
Until he's released:

Mail Manning
http://www.lewrockwell.com/lrc-blog/mail-manning/

I’ve said previously that Voice of the Martyrs is one of my favorite organizations. They run a website, Prisoner Alert, that helps you write to imprisoned Christians worldwide in their own languages. When freed, those folks often testify that the mountains of mail they received improved jailers’ treatment of them. That’s true even when their persecutors only mention the letters but deny them the opportunity to read them. For the thugs torturing them to know that the world is watching apparently tempers their bestiality.

Might I suggest we write to Bradley Manning? He is a political and persecuted prisoner just as our brothers and sisters overseas are. Indeed, most of the USSA’s inmates fall into that category since they have committed no crime: the only thing of which they’re guilty is angering a politician or bureaucrat because they persist in buying or selling plants Our Rulers dislike, or they consider their money their own rather than the IRS’s, or they’ve defied the totalitarian State in some other way.

I don’t know whether the tyrants running this country have taken a page from North Korea and Saudi Arabia to deny Manning his mail, but no matter: writing him reminds the brutes that we are out here and we’re watching. So if anyone has Mr. Manning’s snail-mail address in prison, send it to me, and I’ll post it.

Meanwhile, if you know victims of the USSA’s prison-industrialist regime, please write them. I’ve corresponded with several such gentlemen, and they are amazingly grateful for such a tiny favor. The days are coming when we may well be in their place, craving word from the outside.

Update: Jerri Ward sent this link to information on writing to Bradley Manning. Thanks, Jerri!

Matthew 25:41-45 (http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew%2025:41-45&version=KJV)

kcchiefs6465
08-10-2013, 08:06 PM
Anyone have an idea on when he is going to be sentenced? I'm not too familiar with military court proceedings but it's been a couple weeks. I'd have thought they would have sentenced him by now.