PDA

View Full Version : Strange calls in West Virginia

freeman4liberty
11-27-2007, 08:19 PM
I have a friend in WV who I asked if she heard of Ron Paul. She said that she was getting called every day about Ron Paul. I was wondering if anyone knew who was responsible for these calls. I also wondered if it was an effort to try to discredit Ron Paul?

Has anyone heard about this?

Spirit of '76
11-27-2007, 09:10 PM
Yeah, I think it seems kind of strange, too.

I'm an active Paul supporter, and I've only been called once.

freeman4liberty
11-27-2007, 09:17 PM
She's older so maybe she's been home for them all. I don't know. Any more information would be helpful.

KCIndy
11-27-2007, 09:41 PM
Are they live calls or automated?

If they're live, maybe she can get in a question or two: "Who are you?" or "are you with the Ron Paul campaign?" The answers, even if they're lies, might be informative.

Better yet: "Can I get your number and call you back?" :)

Spirit of '76
11-27-2007, 09:50 PM
As far as I know, the campaign is only calling people who have signed up on the campaign website.

freeman4liberty
11-27-2007, 11:43 PM
This information is through my Grandmother so maybe there was a miss communication.

My Grandmother asked someone in West Virgina if she would like a Ron Paul pamphlet. The person in West Virgina said that she was "called every day."

Sometimes my Grandmother gets things confused. I'm not sure if the West Virginian was annoyed or if she signed up. I know she's a Republican and that she doesn't like what Bush is doing.

LarryWhite
12-01-2007, 11:58 PM
My boss has received about 5 calls now, it's mostly about gun rights. Her husband has a lot of guns and concealed permits, that kind of thing.

I had 1 call and that was the automated delegate call from Gabriel.

Bradley in DC
12-02-2007, 12:10 AM
I know she's a Republican and that she doesn't like what Bush is doing.

There's a lot of that going around. :D