PDA

View Full Version : Needed: Plane Tickets to New Hampshire (Please sticky)

mconder
11-27-2007, 07:37 PM
Please sticky this post:

I have some time off work on December 22nd thru the 30th. I would like to raise enough money to buy plane tickets for my family/army of 6 to travel to New Hampshire and help with the Campaign efforts in this primary state. If it is possible, it would be very appreciated if we had somewhere to crash (the floor is ok), though I am not ruling out paying for a cheap hotel.

I would very much like to join the efforts of my good friends Laura and Wes Lounsbury, who have already made this sacrifice and much more. Even as I wrote this, they are thousands of miles away from home working to make a Ron Paul presidency and the realization of all our dream a reality.

If I am not able to raise the full amount for my entire family, I will use the money to fly as many of us as I can afford out there, even if it means my family will apart for the holidays. That's how much I believe in this.

Please donate to this very worthy cause:

http://stgeorge.chipin.com/a-plane-ticket-to-new-hampshire

I encourage everyone who can to show up in an early primary state and pour your heart and soul into the Revolution like so many have!

Thank you!

Michael R. Conder
(435) 313-5084

Ibgamer
11-27-2007, 07:38 PM
Will you be actually voting there or just campaigning?

Whatever it be good luck to you sir

mconder
11-27-2007, 07:41 PM
My family and I will all spend every waking moment we are there campaigning for Dr. Paul. I have some friends from my area who are already there (Wes and Laura Lounsbury) and they will vouch for me...that I will do exactly what I say with the money.

AgentPaul001
11-27-2007, 07:41 PM
Good luck, however you should be able to find cheaper airfares if you scout around some.

For those people near SkyBus locations they have roundtrip airfares for as low as $50 after taxes which is incredible. You can't bring much luggage, but perfect for a few days of campaigning.

mconder
11-27-2007, 07:44 PM
I'm in Utah. I just did a search on Orbits for 6 tickets and it looks like the cheapest is about $400 a piece from Las Vegas to New Hampshire. I can only assume that by the time I am able to purchase them, they will have gone up some as the date gets closer.

Mark
11-27-2007, 07:52 PM
I'm in Utah. I just did a search on Orbits for 6 tickets and it looks like the cheapest is about $400 a piece from Las Vegas to New Hampshire. I can only assume that by the time I am able to purchase them, they will have gone up some as the date gets closer.

Orbit's not always the cheapest by any means.

Here's one:

http://www.cheaptickets.com/

I got a GREAT deal on flying to Milan last December from these peeps:

http://us.lastminute.com/

There are LOTS of cheap airline sites, and especially the "last minute" types,
when a plane isn't full, airlines drop prices dramatically sometimes at the last minute.

mconder
11-27-2007, 07:58 PM
I just tried cheap tickets and the cheapest is $449. I'm sure the high prices are due to the fact that I will fly out of Las Vegas, which is pretty much the entire distance cross country. It is interesting that I can't find anything cheaper. Las Vegas has got to be one of the cheapest airports to go in and out of. I can go to Denver for $60.

Mark
11-27-2007, 08:31 PM
I just tried cheap tickets and the cheapest is $449. I'm sure the high prices are due to the fact that I will fly out of Las Vegas, which is pretty much the entire distance cross country. It is interesting that I can't find anything cheaper. Las Vegas has got to be one of the cheapest airports to go in and out of. I can go to Denver for $60.

Well, maybe try the lastminute site too at least, and try to be flexible on times/dates as much as you can, it gives a lot more options for them to check.

Platondas
11-27-2007, 08:44 PM
try southwest; I fly from Cleveland to SFO, (through Vegas) semi-regularly for 199$

thehittgirl
11-27-2007, 08:50 PM
I would look on a multisearch site like Kayak or sidestep. That's usually how I find some good deals. I'm the family's travel agent :D

Also, I tend to find the best deals mid week. I find the bigger the airport, the cheaper the rates, though I've seen some pretty good deals in smaller ones. Good luck!

Thomas_Paine
11-27-2007, 09:05 PM
Well, if you guys came we definitely could find a place for you. Isn't there any way the kids could stay with the grandparents? We could watch Paris for a week if she would be okay with that, since we'll be going home on the 13th (We may possibly be staying longer if some financial miracle happens) It's just a lot more money flying all the kids out too. I would try Expedia.com, and buy the ticket going into Boston, MA not Manchester. It's just as close. Our tickets cost $300 a piece. Good Luck to you guys, we'll certainly help you all we can.

Thomas_Paine
11-27-2007, 09:06 PM
They were our Meetup Group Organizers in our hometown and we worked closely with them. I hope they can make it out here to New Hampshire...