PDA

View Full Version : President Paul and beyond... (Plan B)

liberty=responsibility
11-27-2007, 07:28 PM
People should begin to look out for honorable, upstanding, and electable citizens WHO SHARE SAME VALUES AS RON PAUL to send after Ron Paul to Congress.

This can be done without diverting any effort from the current campaign. Just remember that there is ONLY SO MUCH HE CAN DO as a president. (And only so much he will do, because of his belief in reducing the power of the Executive.)

Therefore, he will need the support from like-minded congressperson to make any meaningful, LASTING change to the government.

But, Ron Paul often votes against the entire House. This means that there are only a few, or none like him in Congress, one who is not possessed by the lobbyists.

This means: Ron Paul Revolution will have to send men/women to congress, supported by the grassroots to ensure loyalty to the people and to the people ONLY. Or, simply show that RPR can influence local elections to subdue corporate influence on existing candidates.

It is naive to think a big-money candidate will support the people. They haven't.

Every effort should be made to preserve/expand RPR grassroots movement, an engine than can churn out $100K just on ONE EMAIL NOTICE. This engine, RPR have to be something that clean candidates can lean on for support.

This Revolution needs to be expanded and exported.

How? Well, Dr. Paul would leave that up to you to decide.

Meetup groups can evolve into a PAC where they are located, etc. Who knows? RPR might become a political party its own right.

liberty=responsibility

ThomasJ
11-27-2007, 07:30 PM
I will be running for a seat at the state or federal level in 2010. I think I will take Ron Paul's exact platform and run on that. There is very little incorrect about that platform.

JAYCEE
11-27-2007, 07:44 PM
It should be an easy job: just voting "no" on everything.

mconder
11-27-2007, 07:50 PM
I agree 100% with the poster. I have already seen articles saying that the Ron Paul movement will not be sustainable once RP is no longer a candidate and thats about the only thing I can think of worse than RP not becoming president. It would really be sad to see the efforts of so many wasted if this does not stay a movement rather than a candidacy.

apc3161
11-27-2007, 07:55 PM
Yea, we should just keep the forum open in memory of Dr. Pauls run if he doesnt win. We should definitely all stick together.

In my case I plan to either become and independent or libertarian after this election is over if RP doesn't win, I will have had enough of the "two party system"

FreeTraveler
11-27-2007, 08:01 PM
http://ronpaulsacrossamerica.com/ sounds like what you're looking for

sirachman
11-27-2007, 08:04 PM
im personally going to stick with the "take back control of the republican party" plan

akovacs
11-27-2007, 08:17 PM
I think this should be the focus for 2010. It's not yet obvious to the electorate that the old guard need to go (including both D and R). I am convinced that if Paul were elected, he would be immensely popular and he could then use that to endorse many new candidates. That will be our opportunity.

Campaigning for congress requires full time help and staff, and I think we could go far with the grassroots in place, but we need them now for Paul.

Visual
11-27-2007, 08:18 PM
Being EXACTLY like him isn't good imo. Keep the same core principals though. Small government, non-interventionism, states rights.

Adamsa
11-27-2007, 08:18 PM
I think it's obvious a lot of people in the future are going to run for office being influenced by Dr. Paul.

paulitics
11-27-2007, 08:19 PM
We need to primary all of our corrupt politicians out of office.

akovacs
11-27-2007, 08:21 PM
Speaking of congressional primaries... is there a time when all that happens?

Like, if the congressional primaries are in, say, september or august, then we might actually be able to do this. But if it's at the exact same time, forget it for this cycle.