PDA

View Full Version : Afghan female police officer shoots dead US military adviser

enhanced_deficit
08-04-2013, 11:38 AM
They continue to execute pretty much same tactics that US backed Afghan resistence had used against Russians to force them out of Afghanistan couple of decades ago:

Afghan female police officer shoots dead US military adviser

Shooting inside police headquarters in Kabul is the first attack on foreigners by a woman serving in the national security forces

Emma Graham-Harrison (http://www.theguardian.com/profile/emma-graham-harrison) in Kabul
theguardian.com (http://www.theguardian.com/), Monday 24 December 2012 04.30 EST

An Afghan female police officer has shot dead a US adviser in police headquarters in Kabul, the first attack on foreigners by a woman serving in the national security forces.
"Today at 10am a female police constable opened fire on an American adviser with a pistol," Daoud Amin, deputy provincial police chief for Kabul said on Monday. "He was seriously wounded, they took him to hospital and he passed away there."

More than 60 soldiers and civilian advisers have been killed in 46 shootings this year, compared with 35 deaths in all of 2011. They account for nearly one in six of all Nato casualties in Afghanistan, and risk undermining the entire mission as it shifts towards a bigger focus on training.
However, it was unprecedented to have a woman pulling the trigger and unusual to have an attack at such a high-level office, although two officers were shot dead in the interior ministry at the start of the year.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2012/dec/24/afghan-military-police-shoots-adviser

juleswin
08-04-2013, 11:53 AM
Rand should use incidents like this to attack the Afghan presence. Use it the way he uses foreign aid and before you know it, even more number of Americans will be asking for a full withdrawal of US personnel from that country. They do not seem to want us there

thoughtomator
08-04-2013, 11:54 AM
Did he try to rape her or something?

Schifference
08-04-2013, 11:58 AM
She has been studying how american police treat suspects and decided to implement the same strategies & policies that american police use.

Occam's Banana
08-04-2013, 12:06 PM
America: Winning Hearts and Minds in Afghanistan Since 2001.

(Am I the only one who came into this thread interested in finding out why some Afghani cop shot the corpse of a U.S. military advisor?)

Henry Rogue
08-04-2013, 01:35 PM

(Am I the only one who came into this thread interested in finding out why some Afghani cop shot the corpse of a U.S. military advisor?)
Afghan female police officer shoots, dead US military adviser
Afghan female police officer shoots dead, US military adviser
Funny what those little commas can do. Note: I'm not throwing stones. I know I make tons of mistakes. There probably are some in this post.

oyarde
08-04-2013, 01:37 PM

That is what I thought for a second , then wondered how my Brothers wife ended up in Afghanistan .

juleswin
08-04-2013, 02:05 PM
Funny what those little commas can do. Note: I'm not throwing stones. I know I make tons of mistakes. There probably are some in this post.

Or
Afghan female shoots to death a US military adviser

Christian Liberty
08-04-2013, 02:46 PM

Its like this shirt I have: it says "Let's eat kids" and then right underneath it it says "Let's eat, kids" and "Punctuation saves lives" underneath that.

pcosmar
08-04-2013, 02:56 PM
[Honest Feelings Redacted]

Christian Liberty
08-04-2013, 03:00 PM
[Honest Feelings Redacted]

Eh, I'll say what we're all probably thinking.

Although I certainly don't wish death on common soldiers (And I really do mean that, I don't) America is the aggressor in this case, and for the Afghanis to defend their country from our government's aggression is justified.

CPUd
08-04-2013, 04:29 PM
A lot of the current Afghan police and military were trained by U.S. military advisors.

Dr.3D
08-04-2013, 04:32 PM

That's what I thought happened. Now I read that she shot a US military adviser, dead.

FindLiberty
08-04-2013, 04:47 PM
They hate us for our freedom(s)...

enhanced_deficit
08-04-2013, 04:56 PM
Afghans pleased to see British troops go

Hundreds of British lives have been lost and millions of pounds have been invested in Helmand province, but there is still little love for the coalition in this area of Afghanistan.

By Ben Farmer (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/journalists/ben-farmer/)

7:00AM BST 02 Aug 2013

They complain that foreigners are propping up the corrupt government of President Hamid Karzai, pumping huge sums into ministries run by warlords and their henchmen who are interested only in lining their own pockets.
Perhaps even more damaging is the fact that they hold the coalition accountable for the civilian casualties. The United Nations mission in Afghanistan estimates that between 2009 and 2012, when figures are available, at least 1,500 civilians were killed in the conflict in Helmand, with a further 1,480 wounded. .

.. Yet it is the foreigners who get blamed. If the foreigners had not come, there would not have been violence, they say. ‘The foreigners killed innocent people and children with their attacks and people thought they had come to destroy the country, so Afghans are now opposed to them,’ Masoom says. ‘It’s too early to tell how the British and foreigners will be remembered. But they came here with guns, and we will not forget that.’

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/afghanistan/10217191/Afghans-pleased-to-see-British-troops-go.html

Dr.3D
08-04-2013, 05:16 PM
That excuse won't last much longer because we are losing them pretty fast.

oyarde
08-04-2013, 09:58 PM

I always found that strange ,did anyone ever really believe that? I figure , they hate you because you are there , they have no interest in freedom as I would view it ....

pcosmar
08-04-2013, 10:21 PM
, they have no interest in freedom as I would view it ....

And yet they defend their land and way of life from foreign invaders that would attempt to rule them.
And Superpowers at that.

Things that make ya go, hmmm.

jmdrake
08-04-2013, 10:26 PM

2001? Don't you mean "Winning hearts and minds since 1976?"

http://photos.imageevent.com/stokeybob/morestuff/qh3ldAY.jpg