PDA

View Full Version : My Grassroots Project: The Third Way- A Booklet on Gay Marriage

Maximus
08-03-2013, 11:53 AM
Hey everyone,

I've been a long time poster/lurker on these forums and I wanted to share this project I've been working on since March. It's called "The Third Way" and it explores why we should get government out of the business of marriage licensing. It has 5 chapters, with one of them being an appeal to conservatives through the principle of religious freedom that you may find helpful in sharing with your friends or neighbors.

I wanted to share my project here because of the many projects I have donated to and supported on these forums that have inspired me to work for Liberty and our growing movement. I am working on getting this available on Kindle as well, I'll update this post ASAP when/if that happens.

You can find the booklet here on the CreateSpace e-store (an Amazon company): https://www.createspace.com/4386263

It will be available on Amazon itself in about a week. Thanks for your consideration!

In Liberty,

Max

Christian Liberty
08-03-2013, 04:21 PM
A seriously underemphasized view, and a very important one. I approve.

Maximus
08-08-2013, 10:49 PM
Kindle is now available at $1.99 much cheaper than the paperback at $8 (which was that high solely bc of Amazon)

jmdrake
08-08-2013, 11:19 PM
Thanks for putting this together! I agree that the best way forward is getting the government out of marriage. And I was one of those conservatives initially resistant to the idea. For the life of me I don't understand why this movement hasn't staked this out as the way to go. Whenever the subject comes up here it seems there's a chorus of "Oh sure. But we have to achieve marriage equality first." SMH! That strategy means alienating conservatives while further entrenching state licensed marriages.

Maximus
08-15-2013, 07:38 PM
Thanks for putting this together! I agree that the best way forward is getting the government out of marriage. And I was one of those conservatives initially resistant to the idea. For the life of me I don't understand why this movement hasn't staked this out as the way to go. Whenever the subject comes up here it seems there's a chorus of "Oh sure. But we have to achieve marriage equality first." SMH! That strategy means alienating conservatives while further entrenching state licensed marriages.

It is also a dangerous strategy, because while I don't take on this specific point in my book... the next step after gay marriage is polygamous marriage. When that becomes accepted it too will become a "civil right". Imagine being an employer and having to cover a employee plus multiple spouses on healthcare plans.