PDA

View Full Version : "Cop of the year" doesn’t like uppity victim of robbery

green73
08-02-2013, 08:46 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4s3xIK4a8I
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4s3xIK4a8I

ObiRandKenobi
08-02-2013, 09:06 PM
we need neighborhood watch against the police.

fr33
08-02-2013, 09:14 PM
Fatass chickenshit pig. Deserves a short rope and a tall tree.

Anti Federalist
08-02-2013, 09:15 PM
*sigh*

Everybody stood around and just watched.

Asshole cop could have shot him in the back and nobody would have said or done shit.

Well, Mr. Huckins, I hope you have learned a valuable lesson about just what type of country we live in now, and just what cops are good for.

Are you going to request that cops get called for anything again?

Anti Federalist
08-02-2013, 09:16 PM
Fatass chickenshit pig. Deserves a short rope and a tall tree.

Got "Cop of the Year" or some such bullshit.

mad cow
08-02-2013, 09:18 PM
The only reason these stories are seeing the light of day is because people are catching them in the act on film.
All the more reason for smartphones,security cameras and video cameras in private hands.

Beyond that,the victim is lucky that there were several witnesses there who don't look the type to risk prison by committing perjury.

Anti Federalist
08-02-2013, 09:20 PM
The only reason these stories are seeing the light of day is because people are catching them in the act on film.

All the more reason for smartphones,security cameras and video cameras in private hands.

Beyond that,the victim is lucky that there were several witnesses there who don't look the type to risk prison by committing perjury.

You heard what the fascist enforcer told the man's employee, right?

"Stop taking pictures or you'll be tazed".

Henry Rogue
08-02-2013, 09:21 PM
Obviously the cop is campaigning for "cop of the year" honors again.

Anti Federalist
08-02-2013, 09:28 PM
Even full compliance by an elderly, upper middle class, white man will not keep you from a police beatdown.

One "misspoken" word, one "furtive gesture", one "aggressive stance", is all it takes to trigger a Contempt of Cop response, resulting in a beating, tasering, arrest or worse.

Circular Force Continuum.

Do. Not. Call. The. Fucking. Cops.

EVER!

mad cow
08-02-2013, 09:29 PM
You heard what the fascist enforcer told the man's employee, right?

"Stop taking pictures or you'll be tazed".

As of right now,that is one more charge against the fascist enforcer.

When they outlaw filming cops,we are one giant step closer to the end but meanwhile we outnumber them,it is still legal to film them and how far do you think they would have gotten with that chief if it was just he said-she said?

Anti Federalist
08-02-2013, 09:30 PM
As of right now,that is one more charge against the fascist enforcer.

When they outlaw filming cops,we are one giant step closer to the end but meanwhile we outnumber them,it is still legal to film them and how far do you think they would have gotten with that chief if it was just he said-she said?

Valid points and I agree, this man would have been fucked without video evidence.

kcchiefs6465
08-02-2013, 09:42 PM
Valid points and I agree, this man would have been fucked without video evidence.
Without it being his convention at the Marriott and the wealth he had, he would have been fucked.

Hopefully the payment is such that the PD must scrap their car doors.

Not because it is particularly egregious, though the false report and assault should be prosecuted, but because it would [possibly] prevent the next person from encountering the same thing. If you asked me, throw his ass on work detail for 30 cents a day. While the system is the system he should face it. No doubt he can pick trash up as well as the next.

aGameOfThrones
08-02-2013, 10:21 PM
you see how the "95% good" are defending that "cop of the year"?

madengr
08-02-2013, 10:36 PM
WTF is that in the background of the video at 3:18? Some kind of propaganda painting showing a thug with a nightstick.

Anti Federalist
08-02-2013, 11:03 PM
WTF is that in the background of the video at 3:18? Some kind of propaganda painting showing a thug with a nightstick.

Looks like one of these:

http://laughingsquid.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/seth-taras_history_know_normandys.jpg

Of a beat cop from about 1930 or so superimposed over a modern shot.

Mani
08-02-2013, 11:24 PM
I wonder if that business man decides to take his convention to another city....

Wouldnt it be something if the city is sued for hundereds of thousands of dollars and on top of that loses hundreds of thousands more in lost revenue from the convention being moved.

All because of 1 asshole who cant control himself past 16 seconds.

Austrian Econ Disciple
08-02-2013, 11:26 PM
*sigh*

Everybody stood around and just watched.

Asshole cop could have shot him in the back and nobody would have said or done shit.

Well, Mr. Huckins, I hope you have learned a valuable lesson about just what type of country we live in now, and just what cops are good for.

Are you going to request that cops get called for anything again?

To be fair, if you interfere you're likely to get shot and unless you're ready to use lethal force to intercede, about the only other alternative is filming and exposing. We'll get to the fighting when they give us no other choice - as in when they fully mobilize and start persecuting writ large (e.g. gun confiscation, etc.). We can use vigilantism ala Solzhenitsyn in Gulag Archipelago to seek justice on these perpetrators of tyranny if the courts refuse to do so - always an option.

Cops now-a-days are ruthless maniacs who itch to fire their weapons on anyone who stands in their way. As you say, death is not far away in encounters with the police. I try and avoid them like the GD plague.

Carson
08-02-2013, 11:28 PM
I can see what you all are saying but.

Something bugs me about the hand jester right before the man puts his hands back behind his back.

Back behind the back wouldn't necessarily make me at ease either. I might be freaking out wondering what might be coming back around.

Then the second time outside he gets thrown to the ground again. That certainly doesn't seem right but still I'm missing a lot of information even with what I've been allowed to view of the situation.

What was with the key not working? Wrong room? Room moved?

I really hate to judge the guy. Maybe he was having a bad day. "Officer of the Year" indicates some good times.

If it happened between me and him I would hope we were over it now. I know in the past my buttons have went off haywire or triggered unnecessarily. Luckily I've had someone with experience on the other side of the situation able to deal with me. I can't remember us both ever going off at once. Hopefully that never happens.

Actually maybe now I can remember times. Still we got over it. Pretty much without going to great lengths.

Anti Federalist
08-02-2013, 11:37 PM
I'd consider that, except for the fact that the cop perjured himself on an official arrest report and claimed a bunch of things happened that did not.

He didn't count on being caught.

I can see what you all are saying but.

Something bugs me about the hand jester right before the man puts his hands back behind his back.

Back behind the back wouldn't necessarily make me at ease either. I might be freaking out wondering what might be coming back around.

Then the second time outside he gets thrown to the ground again. That certainly doesn't seem right but still I'm missing a lot of information even with what I've been allowed to view of the situation.

What was with the key not working? Wrong room? Room moved?

I really hate to judge the guy. Maybe he was having a bad day. "Officer of the Year" indicates some good times.

If it happened between me and him I would hope we were over it now. I know in the past my buttons have went off haywire or triggered unnecessarily. Luckily I've had someone with experience on the other side of the situation able to deal with me. I can't remember us both ever going off at once. Hopefully that never happens.

Actually maybe now I can remember times. Still we got over it. Pretty much without going to great lengths.

Philhelm
08-03-2013, 03:09 AM
To be fair, if you interfere you're likely to get shot and unless you're ready to use lethal force to intercede, about the only other alternative is filming and exposing. We'll get to the fighting when they give us no other choice - as in when they fully mobilize and start persecuting writ large (e.g. gun confiscation, etc.). We can use vigilantism ala Solzhenitsyn in Gulag Archipelago to seek justice on these perpetrators of tyranny if the courts refuse to do so - always an option.

Cops now-a-days are ruthless maniacs who itch to fire their weapons on anyone who stands in their way. As you say, death is not far away in encounters with the police. I try and avoid them like the GD plague.

While they may enjoy their power now, I suspect that one day they shall hang themselves with their own actions.

Austrian Econ Disciple
08-03-2013, 03:49 AM
While they may enjoy their power now, I suspect that one day they shall hang themselves with their own actions.

That much is certain. I said as much with the Solzhenitsyn reference.

LibertyEagle
08-03-2013, 04:07 AM
Without it being his convention at the Marriott and the wealth he had, he would have been fucked.

Hopefully the payment is such that the PD must scrap their car doors.

Not because it is particularly egregious, though the false report and assault should be prosecuted, but because it would [possibly] prevent the next person from encountering the same thing. If you asked me, throw his ass on work detail for 30 cents a day. While the system is the system he should face it. No doubt he can pick trash up as well as the next.

Are you kidding? The cop should be fired and brought up on criminal charges.

LibertyEagle
08-03-2013, 04:11 AM

Yeah, you're right. That's weird.

tod evans
08-03-2013, 04:22 AM
No doubt "Just-Us" will be served..:mad:

Carson
08-03-2013, 06:26 AM
I'd consider that, except for the fact that the cop perjured himself on an official arrest report and claimed a bunch of things happened that did not.

He didn't count on being caught.

Wow. Bummer.

Hey I saw one the other day I was thinking you would like. I'll see if I can remember and find it.

P.S. Couldn't find it. This will have to do;

Is there anything more terrifying than having a 35-pound she-beaver that's attacking your dog suddenly become aware of your presence just as you trip? (http://www.fark.com/comments/7871099/Is-there-anything-more-terrifying-than-having-a-35-pound-she-beaver-thats-attacking-your-dog-suddenly-become-aware-of-your-presence-just-as-you-trip)

Maybe this one;

Deputies unload 18 rounds at unarmed man, in his own driveway. Fark: Only hit twice, at close range (http://www.fark.com/comments/7869710/Deputies-unload-18-rounds-at-unarmed-man-in-his-own-driveway-Fark-Only-hit-twice-at-close-range)

I know this wasn't it;

If your teacher spends his summers robbing gas stations and 7-11s, how many should he rob at $240 per robbery to supplement his pension at age 57, based on a $76,000 salary and a five-year prison term? (http://www.fark.com/comments/7871589/If-your-teacher-spends-his-summers-robbing-gas-stations-7-11s-how-many-should-he-rob-at-$240-per-robbery-to-supplement-his-pension-at-age-57-based-on-a-$76000-salary-a-five-year-prison-term)

Henry Rogue
08-03-2013, 08:41 AM
Are you kidding? The cop should be fired and brought up on criminal charges.I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for the police to police themselves. It sure won't change their behavior. Suing is the only legal proactive thing a citizen can do to change police behavior. Unfortunately cops have qualified immunity and can be protected from direct litigation. Tax payers shouldn't have the burden of paying reparations, but that is the system they stuck us with and maybe taxpayers will put pressure on legislature to change laws and police departments to change behavior.

tod evans
08-03-2013, 08:45 AM
I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for the police to police themselves. It sure won't change their behavior. Suing is the only legal proactive thing a citizen can do to change police behavior. Unfortunately cops have qualified immunity and can be protected from direct litigation. Tax payers shouldn't have the burden of paying reparations, but that is the system they stuck us with and maybe taxpayers will put pressure on legislature to change laws and police departments to change behavior.

This is why America needs a "justice" system completely separate from the current members of the "Just-Us" system.

Statists will of course cry vigilantism, but anyone who thinks, even for a moment, that what we have is working is either deluded or involved...

tmg19103
08-03-2013, 09:26 AM
I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for the police to police themselves. It sure won't change their behavior. Suing is the only legal proactive thing a citizen can do to change police behavior. Unfortunately cops have qualified immunity and can be protected from direct litigation. Tax payers shouldn't have the burden of paying reparations, but that is the system they stuck us with and maybe taxpayers will put pressure on legislature to change laws and police departments to change behavior.

Cops don't have immunity if they violate your civil rights. Problem for the guy attacked by the cop is at the end of the YouTube the news reporter say he pleaded guilty to two misdemeanors. There must be more to this, because I see him committing no crime on the video. He could have had a bad lawyer who did not have the video and told the guy assaulted by he cop to take a plea as it was his word against the cop.

However, just from the YouTube alone, and if we are to assume that is all there is to it, the guy has a Section 1983 civil rights lawsuit for false arrest, false imprisonment, assault, malicious prosecution and violation of his 4th and 14th amendment rights with no immunity for the cop. If a cop violates your constitutional rights, immunity goes out the window.

pcosmar
08-03-2013, 09:26 AM
This is why America needs a "justice" system completely separate from the current members of the "Just-Us" system.

Statists will of course cry vigilantism, but anyone who thinks, even for a moment, that what we have is working is either deluded or involved...

Yup.. what we have now is exactly backwards of what was intended.

http://www.constitution.org/lrev/roots/cops.htm

Early constitutions enunciated the intention that law enforcement was a universal duty that each person owed to the community, rather than a power of the government.

enhanced_deficit
08-03-2013, 09:33 AM
They hate us cuz we has freedom.

Henry Rogue
08-03-2013, 09:59 AM

Statists will of course cry vigilantism, but anyone who thinks, even for a moment, that what we have is working is either deluded or involved...I agree and I don't think it is working at all. I was just trying to clarify kcchiefs6465 point.

pcosmar
08-03-2013, 10:12 AM
Problem for the guy attacked by the cop is at the end of the YouTube the news reporter say he pleaded guilty to two misdemeanors. There must be more to this, because I see him committing no crime on the video.

Coercion. Collusion.
The system is rigged and people plead to crimes everyday simply because it is too expensive and time consuming to fight. Or because the Lawyer worked some backroom deal in collusion with the Prosecutor.

People make pleas for many reasons,, only sometimes because the are guilty.. Most often it is Coercion/Collusion.

Henry Rogue
08-03-2013, 10:21 AM
Cops don't have immunity if they violate your civil rights. Problem for the guy attacked by the cop is at the end of the YouTube the news reporter say he pleaded guilty to two misdemeanors. There must be more to this, because I see him committing no crime on the video. He could have had a bad lawyer who did not have the video and told the guy assaulted by he cop to take a plea as it was his word against the cop.

However, just from the YouTube alone, and if we are to assume that is all there is to it, the guy has a Section 1983 civil rights lawsuit for false arrest, false imprisonment, assault, malicious prosecution and violation of his 4th and 14th amendment rights with no immunity for the cop. If a cop violates your constitutional rights, immunity goes out the window.I will take your word for it. I am no lawyer, but don't you have to prove your civil rights have been violated before you can sue the cop? As for pleading guilty, he was at a convention probably from out of town or state and decided it was not worth the cost of showing up for future court appearances. (opportunity cost). That may not work well for this legal system garbage, but it is the law of economics and human nature.

Anti Federalist
08-03-2013, 10:22 AM
Coercion. Collusion.
The system is rigged and people plead to crimes everyday simply because it is too expensive and time consuming to fight. Or because the Lawyer worked some backroom deal in collusion with the Prosecutor.

People make pleas for many reasons,, only sometimes because the are guilty.. Most often it is Coercion/Collusion.

Over 90 percent of all criminal cases are closed with plea deals.

That's why, I'm convinced anyway, roughly 30 percent of everybody in prison is actually innocent of the charges that have them there.

kcchiefs6465
08-03-2013, 10:55 AM
Are you kidding? The cop should be fired and brought up on criminal charges.
That's what I said.

ETA: What's the "Are you kidding me?" about?