PDA

View Full Version : CA-Cops investigate man who posted on FarceBook that he was going to shoot his dog.

Anti Federalist
08-02-2013, 08:19 PM
Ceres man threatens on Facebook to shoot dog, gets visit from police

Published: August 1, 2013 Updated 21 hours ago

http://www.fresnobee.com/2013/08/01/3419997/viral-indignation.html#storylink=cpy

By Erin Tracy — The Modesto Bee

CERES — A Ceres man learned the effectiveness of social media quickly after his threat to shoot his dog went viral and resulted in police officers knocking on his front door.

The Facebook threat came to light after Mark Joiner II, 28, posted a photograph of a dog on his personal page Wednesday, saying he wanted to get rid of it because the dog defecated on his bed and chewed up his belongings.

"Anybody want her? ... She's FREE," he posted. "Pick her up today or she will be shot and stuck in a hole by 9 p.m." He went on to offer anyone who takes the dog $20.

Other Facebook members, including several from out of state, took screen shots of the page and posted it on the Ceres Police Department's page, asking investigators to look into the matter.

The 2-month-old miniature Papillon named Stella was well Thursday morning when police went to check on the dog.

Joiner said Thursday afternoon that he would never hurt his dogs — he also has a 12-year-old pit bull named Brutus — and that the post was meant to be a joke.

Ceres police said they fielded nearly 50 reports from at least five states.

Joiner said he knew the police were coming because he said the Sheriff's Department already had visited his parents' home, and they'd also received phone calls from about a dozen strangers who offered to take the dog.

Ironically, many of the people appalled by Joiner's threat against his dog were willing to make threats to his life.

Pericles
08-02-2013, 08:23 PM
I thought this was going to end with a spot for the guy at the police academy.

Scrapmo
08-02-2013, 08:33 PM
"police investigate a man who threatened to shoot his dog. Police promptly shoot dog when arriving on scene. When asked why they would respond to an animal cruelty investigation by executing a 5 pound pappillion, the police responded by saying "We cant have citizens taking police work into thier own hands"

Henry Rogue
08-02-2013, 08:53 PM
"police investigate a man who threatened to shoot his dog. Police promptly shoot dog when arriving on scene. When asked why they would respond to an animal cruelty investigation by executing a 5 pound pappillion, the police responded by saying "We cant have citizens taking police work into thier own hands" When I clicked on this thread I half expected this to be the result. Kind of a suicide by cop thing, only it's a dog that has no idea that his executioner is coming to visit.

aGameOfThrones
08-02-2013, 10:08 PM
He forgot to put "jk" and "lol" at the end, noob.

Occam's Banana
08-02-2013, 10:48 PM
With this OP, AF has struck the motherlode of motherlodes.

The possibilities for RPFs-appropriate commentary are so myriad as to leave one paralyzed by sheer neural overload ...

Anti Federalist
08-02-2013, 10:56 PM
LOL - Felt the same way, words failed me.

The possibilities for RPFs-appropriate commentary are so myriad as to leave one paralyzed by sheer neural overload ...

tangent4ronpaul
08-03-2013, 12:52 AM
"police investigate a man who threatened to shoot his dog. Police promptly shoot dog when arriving on scene. When asked why they would respond to an animal cruelty investigation by executing a 5 pound pappillion, the police responded by saying "We cant have citizens taking police work into thier own hands"

+rep

this being a AF thread, I would have sworn it was going to end that way.

-t

WM_in_MO
08-03-2013, 01:26 AM
Did they offer to help?

Philhelm
08-03-2013, 03:05 AM
Nobody likes a person who steals your kills. I learned that from first person shooters.

tod evans
08-03-2013, 05:38 AM
Who needs the NSA monitoring 1's and 0's when there's busy bodies willing to rat out some idiot pissed off at his 40 yarder.

It's folks like these who have asked for and support the police state..

Scrapmo
08-03-2013, 04:54 PM
//

bolil
08-03-2013, 04:57 PM
Man threatens to shoot dog via facebook...
blue light gang shows up to ask man about this...
dog acts agressively, is shot by pigs...
everyone goes home happy?