PDA

View Full Version : NY-Obama photo used as dart target at County Fair.

Anti Federalist
08-02-2013, 08:11 PM
The comments resemble a symphony of scorched cats.

:D

Obama Photo Used As Target In Dart Game At Otsego County Fair In New York

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/02/obama-target_n_3698038.html?ref=topbar

2 Aug. 2013

President Barack Obama's image is being used as a target in a dart game at the Otsego County Fair in Morris, New York.

In images provided to HuffPost by fairgoer Abigail Czapsky, Obama is seen on a board alongside stars at a booth for a dart game.

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/1279823/original.jpg

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/1279822/original.jpg

This isn't the first time Obama's likeness has been used as a target at a carnival. In August 2010, the company Goodtime Amusements pulled a carnival game that had players shooting foam darts at an image resembling Obama.

The game, called "Alien Attack," featured a large painted image of a black man wearing a belt buckle with the presidential seal and holding a scroll labeled "Health Bill," according to the Associated Press. Goodtime Amusements' Irvin Good Jr. called the game "a big, big mistake in judgment" that he felt sorry about.

Christian Liberty
08-02-2013, 08:13 PM
I'm guessing the comments defended the Dear Leader?

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over all this freedom and the attacks on the leader of the free world and blah blah blah.

In all seriousness, dreaming about the death of tyrants seems like a minor sin at worst...

Anti Federalist
08-02-2013, 08:16 PM
I'm guessing the comments defended the Dear Leader?

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over all this freedom and the attacks on the leader of the free world and blah blah blah.

In all seriousness, dreaming about the death of tyrants seems like a minor sin at worst...

Oh, but of course.

Christian Liberty
08-02-2013, 08:44 PM
Oh, but of course.

You know, a year and a half ago this would have seriously disturbed me. I don't think I would ever have supported making it illegal, but I think when something like this happened a year or two ago I said it should be legal but that it was disrespectful.

I do not stand by that comment. Murderers deserve disrespect.

The one disagreement I have with you: I have no problem sentencing murderers to death after trial.

The Free Hornet
08-02-2013, 09:38 PM
The one disagreement I have with you: I have no problem sentencing murderers to death after trial.

Do the prosecutor and judge/jury get the death penalty if it later turns out they were wrong or unsubstantiated in their opinion? Because if they are not sure enough to put their own necks on the line, then they don't have enough proof.

Added: No recursion if it turns out they WERE right but got executed for being wrong.

Christian Liberty
08-02-2013, 09:41 PM
Do the prosecutor and judge/jury get the death penalty if it later turns out they were wrong or unsubstantiated in their opinion? Because if they are not sure enough to put their own necks on the line, then they don't have enough proof.

Added: No recursion if it turns out they WERE right but got executed for being wrong.

Do you really think there's any chance that we're wrong about Obama?

If you really think that, you don't belong in the same movement as me.

Anti Federalist
08-02-2013, 09:43 PM
You know, a year and a half ago this would have seriously disturbed me. I don't think I would ever have supported making it illegal, but I think when something like this happened a year or two ago I said it should be legal but that it was disrespectful.

I do not stand by that comment. Murderers deserve disrespect.

A trial that hinges solely and entirely on evidence, procedures, witnesses, processes and people that are beholden to the system that the "state protected" murderers work for.

Christian Liberty
08-02-2013, 09:47 PM
A trial that hinges solely and entirely on evidence, procedures, witnesses, processes and people that are beholden to the system that the "state protected" murderers work for.

You know what I'm talking about here...

I'm talking about a Nuremberg Trial. For one specific person.

Pericles
08-02-2013, 10:01 PM
This post belongs here:

A large jet plane crashed on a farm in the middle of rural Kentucky .

Panic stricken, the local sheriff mobilized and descended on the farm in force.

By the time they got there, the aircraft was totally destroyed with only a burned hull left smoldering in a tree line that bordered the farm.

The sheriff and his men entered the smoking mess but could find no remains of anyone.

They spotted the farmer plowing a field not too far away as if nothing had happened.

They hurried over to the man's tractor.

"Hank," the sheriff yelled, panting and out of breath.

"Did you see this terrible accident happen?"

"Yep. Sure did," the farmer mumbled unconcerned, cutting off the tractor's engine.

"Do you realize that is Air Force One, the airplane of the President of the United States ?"

"Yep."

"Were there any survivors?"

"Nope. They's all kilt straight out," the farmer answered. "I done buried them all myself. Took me most of the morning."

"President Obama is dead?" the sheriff asked.

"Well," the farmer grumbled, restarting his tractor. "He kept a-saying he wasn't...

But you know how bad that sumbitch lies.

jclay2
08-02-2013, 10:47 PM
I am normally fairly frugal when it comes to things like carnival games, but I would throw money at this game in a heart beat. Anything that ridicules and mocks are dear leader is fine by me.

Teenager For Ron Paul
08-02-2013, 10:49 PM
We need more of these.

The Free Hornet
08-03-2013, 02:13 AM

Does a day go by when you don't advocate death? This is not about O, but an abstract question of your death penalty world:

I figured you'd go on record as 'yes' and not wuss out on the question. If it's not a 'yes/no' answer, that might be acceptable.

eduardo89
08-03-2013, 02:27 AM
You know what I'm talking about here...

I'm talking about a Nuremberg Trial. For one specific person.

Hahahahah Nuremberg trial is some sort of high standard for you? Mass murderers putting on a show trial of other mass murderers.

Sola_Fide
08-03-2013, 02:46 AM
Dats raciss

tangent4ronpaul
08-03-2013, 02:50 AM
This isn't the first time Obama's likeness has been used as a target at a carnival. In August 2010, the company Goodtime Amusements pulled a carnival game that had players shooting foam darts at an image resembling Obama.

The game, called "Alien Attack," featured a large painted image of a black man wearing a belt buckle with the presidential seal and holding a scroll labeled "Health Bill," according to the Associated Press. Goodtime Amusements' Irvin Good Jr. called the game "a big, big mistake in judgment" that he felt sorry about.

The department of truth has been hard at work.

I remember hearing about this when it happened. Back then the story wasn't that the owner had made a "mistake in judgement" and pulled the game, but rather that with the addition of the Obamacare target(s), this game became the most popular one at the entire carnival, overnight.

-t

KrokHead
08-03-2013, 04:46 AM
Weren't Dubya, Clinton, Bush, and scores of other presidents lampooned for all of history? Who cares. Of course dummies would consider this "racial."

Occam's Banana
08-03-2013, 11:49 AM

You completely miss the point. The question isn't whether "we are wrong about Obama."
The question is whether we might be wrong about anyone to whom we would apply the death penalty.

Or perhaps you have some magical formula for separating out the "guilty" who really are guilty (and supposedly "deserve it") from the "guilty" who are actually innocent (or don't really "deserve it") ... ?

libertarianMoney
08-03-2013, 12:07 PM
This reminds me. Does anyone know where I could find Obama face urinal cakes?

oyarde
08-03-2013, 12:08 PM
I bet 1 frn , that if you put Biden up there , nobody complains .

oyarde
08-03-2013, 12:13 PM
The comments resemble a symphony of scorched cats.

:D

Obama Photo Used As Target In Dart Game At Otsego County Fair In New York

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/02/obama-target_n_3698038.html?ref=topbar

2 Aug. 2013

President Barack Obama's image is being used as a target in a dart game at the Otsego County Fair in Morris, New York.

In images provided to HuffPost by fairgoer Abigail Czapsky, Obama is seen on a board alongside stars at a booth for a dart game.

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/1279823/original.jpg[/img
[IMG]http://i.huffpost.com/gen/1279822/original.jpg

I thought the scroll labeled health bill was a nice touch . While not something I would do , considering all the graft and stealing , these people should expect this type of thing, I doubt it bothers them a bit.

enhanced_deficit
08-03-2013, 12:29 PM
This reminds me. Does anyone know where I could find Obama face urinal cakes?

Troubling idea and those probably won't be allowed for sale by retailers like Amszon.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&site=imghp&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=797&bih=378&q=political+urinal+obama

Anti Federalist
08-03-2013, 01:35 PM
http://www.peepeeface.com/cart/images/obama-08.jpg

$7.95 a pop.

Buy direct.

http://www.peepeeface.com/cart/product_info.php?products_id=34

Nirvikalpa
08-03-2013, 02:26 PM
If they put the Steelers fan who's playing the game as a target I'll be likely to play even more.

Christian Liberty
08-03-2013, 02:36 PM
Hahahahah Nuremberg trial is some sort of high standard for you? Mass murderers putting on a show trial of other mass murderers.

Not really, although the people who were executed still deserved to be.

My point: though, was a trial that would violate the ex post facto prohibition. Which I think is appropriate for the people in the government that use the law to defend their evil.

If I were made dictator for life tomorrow, Bush and Obama would be executed.

You completely miss the point. The question isn't whether "we are wrong about Obama."
The question is whether we might be wrong about anyone to whom we would apply the death penalty.

Or perhaps you have some magical formula for separating out the "guilty" who really are guilty (and supposedly "deserve it") from the "guilty" who are actually innocent (or don't really "deserve it") ... ?

I only support using the death penalty if the proof of guilt is exceptionally high. If the proof of guilt is not exceptionally high, I'm opposed to it.

In Obama's case, there is a 100% chance he's guilty. Which is plenty exceptional to me.

EDIT: Just as a reminder for the mods, I'm talking about an actual execution here, after an actual trial, by a hypothetical government controlled by constitutionalists or libertarians. I'm not talking about vigilante justice or advocating illegal violence.

eduardo89
08-03-2013, 04:00 PM
Not really, although the people who were executed still deserved to be.

What crime did they commit that the US Constitution authorized them to be tried by American prosecutors and judges?

Christian Liberty
08-03-2013, 04:03 PM
The Constitution is irrelevant to me here. Those who commit murder deserve to die. Which the Nazis did.

eduardo89
08-03-2013, 04:06 PM
The Constitution is irrelevant to me here. Those who commit murder deserve to die. Which the Nazis did.

Then they should have been tried under German law, in German courts, by German judges.

The US Constitution does not grant the federal government the power to set up international courts and try people not subject to the jurisdiction of the US government.

And it is absolutely disgusting that the Nuremberg Trials included even worse mass murderers than the Germans acting as judge, jury, and executioners. The hypocrisy of those show trials is unbelievable.

Occam's Banana
08-04-2013, 01:45 AM
I only support using the death penalty if the proof of guilt is exceptionally high. If the proof of guilt is not exceptionally high, I'm opposed to it.

Just how do you plan on measuring the "highness" of proofs of guilt? What does that even mean to begin with? If "proof of guilt" is (for whatever reason) NOT "exceptionally high" then how can it be characterized as being "proof" at all? If it cannot be so characterized, then how can it justify the application of the death penalty? And if it can be so characterized, then how is this to be reconciled with the fact of the execution of innocents who demonstrably have been (and will yet be) erroneously determined to be guilty with an "exceptionally high proof" ... ?

Those are the essential questions, but you dodge them by citing particular instances of what you believe are "obvious and certain guilt" - as if such question-begging assertions had some sort of talismanic power to override objections to the use of capital punishment. They do not.

In Obama's case, there is a 100% chance he's guilty. Which is plenty exceptional to me.

Why are you making me repeat myself? ...

You completely miss the point. The question isn't whether [Obama is 100% guilty].

I ask again: What set of objectively (or at least intersubjectively) valid rules can be used to separate the "guilty" who really are guilty (and "deserve it" by whatever standard) from the "guilty" who are actually innocent (or don't really "deserve it" by whatever standard)?

EDIT: Just as a reminder for the mods, I'm talking about an actual execution here, after an actual trial, by a hypothetical government controlled by constitutionalists or libertarians. I'm not talking about vigilante justice or advocating illegal violence.

(Who needs vigilantes when you've got kangaroos ... ?)

What is the moral status of the act of executing an innocent person who has nevertheless been found to be "certainly guilty" (through honest error, emotionalist sentiment, and/or prosecutorial or judicial misconduct, etc.)? Is such a result to be considered as acceptable for the sake of "getting" the "truly" bad people? If so, how is this any different, morally speaking, from the policy of "acceptable collateral damage" as practiced by Obama et al. in war, "anti-terrorist" drone strikes, and other venues?

IOW: If you regard the execution of innocents as unacceptable, how do you propose to prevent the occurrence of such in any system that allows capital punishment (given that mistakes - honest and otherwise - WILL inevitably be made)? OTOH, if you regard the execution of innocents as regrettable but acceptable, how it that essentially any different from the "crimes" for which you assert Obama & others should or could be executed (since they use exactly the same justification for what they have done)?