PDA

View Full Version : Tom Cotton at Harvard: Hated libertarians, loved Bill Clinton

Brett85
08-01-2013, 09:17 PM
http://dailycaller.com/2013/08/01/tom-cotton-at-harvard-hated-libertarians-loved-bill-clinton/

seyferjm
08-01-2013, 09:20 PM
No shock here

Justin Amash told myself and others that Cotton "really scared" some people with his support for the NSA. I hope that it hurts or ruins his Senate chances.

Brett85
08-01-2013, 09:28 PM
No shock here

Justin Amash told myself and others that Cotton "really scared" some people with his support for the NSA. I hope that it hurts or ruins his Senate chances.

It's not going to hurt his Senate chances unless a legitimate candidate competes against him in the GOP primary. Pryor is in deep trouble in Arkansas due to his support for Obamacare.

lib3rtarian
08-01-2013, 09:31 PM
If you are in AR and this fascist is the GOP nominee, you better vote for Mark Pryor.

ObiRandKenobi
08-01-2013, 09:35 PM
a non-moss-covered version of Lindsey Graham with presidential ambitions.

we're screwed.

James Madison
08-01-2013, 09:37 PM
Cotton continued: “Libertarianism, by its very definition, is not a political philosophy, for political philosophy entails questions about the nature and role of the public realm. Libertarianism denies legitimacy to the public realm. Thus, it cannot develop a coherent and thematic system dealing with the appropriate and tolerable mixture of law, liberty and personal responsibility.”

Dafuq did I just read?

Tom, libertarianism is very much a political philosophy, just as it is a social philosophy. I own my body. Period. And I don't have the right to agress against another individual and their body. Period. That universal truth governs how we are to do business within the public sector. Furthermore, it eloquently details what government is intended for and what it may never be used for.

Mr. Cotton seems to think that unless man is a slave to the public 'good', he is no longer a man at all. No, he is a step above the apes and no more; a veritable missing-link hidden in plain sight. And that means he has no rights apart from what the public affords him.

I don't care if this was over a decade ago, the man is a Marxist -- a fascist, communist, totalitarian, whatever flavor you will to call it -- he is a nightmare. And he does it with the approval of his own conscience.

TaftFan
08-01-2013, 09:39 PM
Mark Levin: Oh great, another RINO

https://www.facebook.com/marklevinshow/posts/10151812767688832

Anti Federalist
08-01-2013, 09:45 PM
And he does it with the approval of his own conscience.

“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.” - C.S. Lewis

Origanalist
08-01-2013, 09:46 PM
Cotton — who has been called a “Republican’s dream” by National Review and an “extraordinary figure” by the Weekly Standard —

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/08/01/tom-cotton-at-harvard-hated-libertarians-loved-bill-clinton/#ixzz2amPmR1hA

Danger, Will Robinson!

JCDenton0451
08-01-2013, 09:49 PM
So in addition to being a chickenhawk, he is also a phony con. Typical.

eduardo89
08-01-2013, 10:35 PM
So in addition to being a chickenhawk, he is also a phony con. Typical.

He's not a chickenhawk. He served in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Brett85
08-01-2013, 10:36 PM
Yeah, he's not a chickenhawk, just a traitor to his fellow soldiers, since he wants to get them involved in as many useless and unnecessary wars as possible.

Warlord
08-01-2013, 10:41 PM
a non-moss-covered version of Lindsey Graham with presidential ambitions.

we're screwed.

The guy is boring. Probably will win that seat though.

enhanced_deficit
08-01-2013, 11:05 PM
Harvard has some goos seeds too, hopefully they treated him same way they handled notorious neecon and Ron Paul smear master Martin Peretz at Harvard.

Christian Liberty
08-01-2013, 11:05 PM
A commentator on that Levin page compared Tom Cotton to Ted Cruz...

Sorry, but no... I'm pretty anti-Cruz but that's not even close...

Warlord
08-01-2013, 11:07 PM
I would vote for Pryor but he's in serious trouble next year. Maybe he can squeak it with the family name and all and the best thing will be Cotton out of congress

Slutter McGee
08-01-2013, 11:26 PM
what a goddamn fucking piece of shit. I like my smokes. fucking goddamn moral busybody prick.

Slutter McGee

T.hill
08-02-2013, 12:16 AM
Wow, is it possible that this guy is worse than McCain and Lindsey.

AlexAmore
08-02-2013, 01:05 AM
Tom Cotton is against Obamacare and Pryor is for it. That's enough for me to root for him over Pryor at this point.

Austrian Econ Disciple
08-02-2013, 03:23 AM
Tom Cotton is against Obamacare and Pryor is for it. That's enough for me to root for him over Pryor at this point.

Pryor cannot be worse than Cotton unless Pryor was literally the lynchpin of the Stalinist movement in America. He isn't, and thus, cannot be worse. Cotton IS the only 'hope' for the Neo-cons. We should do everything we can to prevent those sniveling tyrants anything close to power and a podium from which to voice their vile ideology. Pyror, well, he's just another go along to get along. We can make real advances against the Neo-Cons by preventing a Cotton victory, and if we can shrivel Neo-Conservatism just like you shrivel a slug by pouring salt over it, well that is a victory for liberty.

invisible
08-02-2013, 05:08 AM
This is why I said in the other thread that it is very important to dredge up a challenger in his next election. He is now at his most vulnerable, it will be much easier to take him out now. After he is more firmly entrenched, he will be much more difficult to dislodge.

Occam's Banana
08-02-2013, 05:54 AM
Cotton continued: “Libertarianism, by its very definition, is not a political philosophy, for political philosophy entails questions about the nature and role of the public realm. Libertarianism denies legitimacy to the public realm. Thus, it cannot develop a coherent and thematic system dealing with the appropriate and tolerable mixture of law, liberty and personal responsibility.”

Dafuq did I just read?

You just read a steaming pile of self-justifying question-begging based on definitional prestidigitation. Circular strawman is circular ...

otherone
08-02-2013, 06:02 AM
I don't care if this was over a decade ago, the man is a Marxist -- a fascist, communist, totalitarian, whatever flavor you will to call it -- he is a nightmare. And he does it with the approval of his own conscience.

"Collectivist" sums it up nicely. He has no regard for his own Rights so believes in good conscience that you may be stripped of yours.

Krzysztof Lesiak
08-02-2013, 06:06 AM
Tom Cotton is a neocon darling. I would rather Blue Dog Democrat Mark Pryor hold on his seat then Cotton get elected. Gotta push back against the neocon onslaught.

Warlord
08-02-2013, 06:30 AM
Tom Cotton 'Corruption Of Blood' Bill Would Convict Family Members Of Iran Sanctions Violators

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/22/tom-cotton-corruption-of-blood_n_3322251.html

COpatriot
08-02-2013, 07:27 AM
Guy reminds me more of Santorum every day. Frightening.

http://www.freedomsphoenix.com/Uploads/Graphics/001-0801145726-neoconr3am.gif

Cowlesy
08-02-2013, 07:28 AM
Tom Cotton 'Corruption Of Blood' Bill Would Convict Family Members Of Iran Sanctions Violators

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/22/tom-cotton-corruption-of-blood_n_3322251.html

How is this guy even in Congress????? Holy frickin wtf!!!!!!!

Warlord
08-02-2013, 08:14 AM
How is this guy even in Congress????? Holy frickin wtf!!!!!!!

Yep. He actually believes in the corruption of blood. He's crazy and he's likely to be a senator. Worse than Graham.

Snew
08-02-2013, 08:32 AM

what in the actual f**k

Philhelm
08-02-2013, 08:47 AM
“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.” - C.S. Lewis

This is the truth. Even Hitler would not care if an eight-year-old Jewish girl was selling kosher lemonade on a street corner (Godwin).

AngryCanadian
08-02-2013, 08:57 AM
Yep. He actually believes in the corruption of blood. He's crazy and he's likely to be a senator. Worse than Graham.

So it seems another McCain? just great.

lib3rtarian
08-02-2013, 10:09 AM
The Liberty Movement in AR needs to come out in full force to defeat this douchebag, even if that means knocking on the doors for Mark Pryor. A young neocon with presidential ambitions in the Senate is a much more existential threat to us than a wishy-washy red state conservative democrat like Pryor.