PDA

View Full Version : CNN: Benghazi Breaking News

Warlord
08-01-2013, 04:11 PM
Listening to Mark Levin he's going over a story broke by CNN about the CIA's role in Benghazi.

He said dozens of CIA employee's were on the ground.

Pressure being brought to bear on witnesses. Families threatened.

More as I catch it

Warlord
08-01-2013, 04:13 PM
Exclusive: Dozens of CIA operatives on the ground during Benghazi attack (http://thelead.blogs.cnn.com/2013/08/01/exclusive-dozens-of-cia-operatives-on-the-ground-during-benghazi-attack/)

CNN has uncovered exclusive new information about what is allegedly happening at the CIA, in the wake of the deadly Benghazi terror attack (http://www.cnn.com/2013/07/31/politics/benghazi-investigation-suspect/index.html).

Four Americans, including Ambassador Christopher Stevens, were killed in the assault by armed militants last September 11 in eastern Libya.

Sources now tell CNN dozens of people working for the CIA were on the ground that night, and that the agency is going to great lengths to make sure whatever it was doing, remains a secret.

CNN has learned the CIA is involved in what one source calls an unprecedented attempt to keep the spy agency's Benghazi secrets from ever leaking out.

http://thelead.blogs.cnn.com/2013/08/01/exclusive-dozens-of-cia-operatives-on-the-ground-during-benghazi-attack/

tsai3904
08-01-2013, 04:14 PM
Here's the CNN story with video:

http://thelead.blogs.cnn.com/2013/08/01/exclusive-dozens-of-cia-operatives-on-the-ground-during-benghazi-attack

Warlord
08-01-2013, 04:15 PM
its all coming out now... weapons transfers to Syria.

Rand has been on this

brushfire
08-01-2013, 04:16 PM
Wow... daily confirmations/revelations.

thoughtomator
08-01-2013, 04:17 PM
The only thing that surprises me is that it came from CNN, which suggests this is a controlled leak because the truth is even worse than this suggests and they knew they couldn't keep a lid on it forever.

Warlord
08-01-2013, 04:17 PM
Mark Levin says "this is a blockbuster" of course we all knew about it but now confirmed by MSM this is about to get serious

ZENemy
08-01-2013, 04:22 PM
WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE????????

:D

Dr.3D
08-01-2013, 04:25 PM

"This is old, it all happened months ago."

Warlord
08-01-2013, 04:36 PM
The only thing that surprises me is that it came from CNN, which suggests this is a controlled leak because the truth is even worse than this suggests and they knew they couldn't keep a lid on it forever.

Yes probably. This has been the worst kept secret in DC for some time.

angelatc
08-01-2013, 05:09 PM
The CIA has to fund itself somehow people! Why do you hate America?

devil21
08-01-2013, 05:12 PM
There's still more to this than just the gun running. If it's a CIA site smack in the middle of a civil war then it's safe to assume "enhanced interrogation" was also on the menu, along with drone usage, and other nasty stuff they don't want to talk about. Wouldn't surprise me if there was PRISM-type stuff in use as well. Was there ever a Congressional approval for any Libyan operations? Not that I recall...

CPUd
08-01-2013, 05:13 PM
http://i.imgur.com/MeY51gn.gif

angelatc
08-01-2013, 05:15 PM
There's still more to this than just the gun running. If it's a CIA site smack in the middle of a civil war then it's safe to assume "enhanced interrogation" was also on the menu, along with drone usage, and other nasty stuff they don't want to talk about. Wouldn't surprise me if there was PRISM-type stuff in use as well. Was there ever a Congressional approval for any Libyan operations? Not that I recall...

Iran Contra. Didn't matter then, doesn't matter now.

ravedown
08-01-2013, 05:15 PM
looks like we may get a congressional hearing...wonder how long until the whistle-blowers start disappearing?

surf
08-01-2013, 06:09 PM
Glenn Greenwald ‏@ggreenwald 31m
Jake Tapper reveals classified information about CIA in Benghazi - should his sources go to prison? Should he? http://thelead.blogs.cnn.com/2013/08/01/exclusive-dozens-of-cia-operatives-on-the-ground-during-benghazi-attack/ …

great Glenn

Carson
08-01-2013, 06:22 PM
"Since January, some CIA operatives involved in the agency's missions in Libya, have been subjected to frequent, even monthly polygraph examinations, according to a source with deep inside knowledge of the agency's workings.

The goal of the questioning, according to sources, is to find out if anyone is talking to the media or Congress."

08-01-2013, 08:11 PM
Are we witnessing the end of billary 2016? :)

krugminator
08-01-2013, 08:20 PM
This seems like kind of big deal, but it isn't getting much coverage. Jake Tapper is about as legit as they get. Weird.

08-01-2013, 08:54 PM
This seems like kind of big deal, but it isn't getting much coverage. Jake Tapper is about as legit as they get. Weird.

Why is it weird? Obama administration is in bed with the media.

AngryCanadian
08-01-2013, 09:00 PM
If that is true 69360 why would Jake Tapper report it? i personally think he may be getting sick of the payments lol.

liveandletlive
08-01-2013, 09:00 PM
this will all blow over for Killary

osan
08-01-2013, 09:04 PM
"Since January, some CIA operatives involved in the agency's missions in Libya, have been subjected to frequent, even monthly polygraph examinations, according to a source with deep inside knowledge of the agency's workings.

The goal of the questioning, according to sources, is to find out if anyone is talking to the media or Congress."

Sounds like bullshit. If this is true, then the people who ordered this know not nearly enough about the things that destroy organizations such as CIA. Such organizations CANNOT function properly without high morale. The jobs they do are SO shitty, so evil, so rotten, and often SO WRONG that those doing the dirty work absolutely must be in the high morale that belief in the mission imparts. Without it such organizations decay and become ineffectual. You can't make a dog hunt by beating it.

I find it difficult to accept that those decision makers with the authority to order such things as this are so ignorant that they actually would.

LibertyEagle
08-01-2013, 09:26 PM
I suggest we try to get it on Drudge. Assuming it is not already there.

J_White
08-01-2013, 09:56 PM
I suggest we try to get it on Drudge. Assuming it is not already there.

bump for that.

btw..its already showing on the top left side of Drudge, though not the headline...yet.

Warlord
08-01-2013, 10:30 PM

Operation protect Hillary.

Petar
08-01-2013, 10:37 PM
I'm glad that the lid is being blown off here I hope, but there is more to this story than secret gun running... this whole attack was something that was allowed to happen, and a fake movie was even created ahead of time to give it a cover story...

Warlord
08-01-2013, 10:40 PM
I'm glad that the lid is being blown off here I hope, but there is more to this story than secret gun running... this whole attack was something that was allowed to happen, and a fake movie was even created ahead of time to give it a cover story...

Yeah lets hope the press keep digging.

Matt Collins
08-01-2013, 10:43 PM
The CIA has to fund itself somehow people!Actually that's what the Federal Reserve is for... and no, I'm not joking. :(

AngryCanadian
08-01-2013, 10:50 PM

No doubt about that part and may i add? the acting was horribly bad. You could easily tell they were rushed.

twomp
08-02-2013, 01:18 AM
What? Another government scandal? Here's what our President thinks about government scandal:

http://cdn.breitbart.com/mediaserver/Breitbart/Breitbart-TV/2012/03/Obama%20Laughing2.png

For all the talk people say about how Obama doesn't have the stones to do anything, we should be the ones ashamed. Our President is spitting in our faces and in the Constitution and not one of us can do a damn thing about it!

S.Shorland
08-02-2013, 06:09 AM
20,000 SAM missiles went missing? I think it's about the covert funding and arming of Al-Qaeda.

brandon
08-02-2013, 06:30 AM
They were running a north african secret prison as was reported many months ago by Paula Broadwell and fox. Not really breaking news it just got swept under the rug immediately and never got legs.

fr33
08-02-2013, 06:48 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcISosOiP1k

Occam's Banana
08-02-2013, 06:57 AM
The CIA has to fund itself somehow people! Why do you hate America?

Exactly!! Now all of you had better go buy a dime of coke and do a few lines. It's your patriotic duty ...

Carson
08-02-2013, 08:29 PM
Sounds like bullshit. If this is true, then the people who ordered this know not nearly enough about the things that destroy organizations such as CIA. Such organizations CANNOT function properly without high morale. The jobs they do are SO shitty, so evil, so rotten, and often SO WRONG that those doing the dirty work absolutely must be in the high morale that belief in the mission imparts. Without it such organizations decay and become ineffectual. You can't make a dog hunt by beating it.

I find it difficult to accept that those decision makers with the authority to order such things as this are so ignorant that they actually would.

You make some good important points. Still...the statement from the article rings pretty true to me.

S.Shorland
08-07-2013, 01:22 AM
Ex-Secret Service Agent running for Congress says F.A.S.T was ordered to stand down.He talks about Benghazi in detail after ads at minute 22.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNebrRtrFvQ

osan
08-07-2013, 02:49 AM
You make some good important points. Still...the statement from the article rings pretty true to me.

Perhaps, but if so I cannot see that organization as having much of a future because their industry is one of universal mistrust. If their people cannot trust so much as those for whom they work, doom is likely to be the bright spot in their future.

jbauer
08-07-2013, 12:49 PM
Are we witnessing the end of billary 2016? :)

not a snowballs chance in hell.

jllundqu
08-07-2013, 01:02 PM
Sooooo..... evidence of war crimes has been "discovered" by CNN and Fox, et al....

Yeah, nothing will EVER happen with this info. They could have Hillary-signed memos authorizing illegal arms sales with the CIA to Syrian rebels... no one in Congress cares. More importantly, the american people dont care. This is impeachable stuff, here... and it will go nowhere. We are so lost.

Philhelm
08-07-2013, 01:49 PM
Sooooo..... evidence of war crimes has been "discovered" by CNN and Fox, et al....

Yeah, nothing will EVER happen with this info. They could have Hillary-signed memos authorizing illegal arms sales with the CIA to Syrian rebels... no one in Congress cares. More importantly, the american people dont care. This is impeachable stuff, here... and it will go nowhere. We are so lost.

Hillary Clinton could swing an infant by its legs, dashing its brains against a brick wall, on live television, and the psychofeminists that so adore her would not care.

anaconda
08-07-2013, 02:09 PM

All that matters is that we give the government more power to assure that this never happens again. May I have a tissue please?

muh_roads
08-07-2013, 02:12 PM
not a snowballs chance in hell.

I agree. American Idol is on tonight so who cares?

Democrats should still leave the inside jobs to the Republicans. They conceal their shit better.

AuH20
08-09-2013, 09:54 AM
http://thecommonsenseshow.com/2013/08/09/a-military-coup-will-remove-obama/

Two high level commanders were ARRESTED when trying to intervene in Benghazi? I never knew this...

The positions held by Hamm and Gayouette are so powerful and so sensitive, that their replacements required approval from the Senate. Why would Obama engage in such a reckless act when the country was so close to war? Very simply, both men were jointly attempting to rescue Ambassador Stevens and his bodyguards, despite being told to stand down by Defense Secretary, Leon Panetta who was acting under Obama’s orders.

As Stevens was begging for help after the attack had begun, General Hamm had activated a special forces team within minutes of learning that the embassy, which was really a CIA safe house, was under attack. When General Ham received his “stand down” orders from Obama, he still continued with his plans to go ahead with the rescue and was arrested within minutes of contravening he order by his second in command, General Rodriquez. Admiral Gayouette, the commander of Carrier Strike Group Three, was preparing to provide intelligence and air cover for General Hamm’s rescue in violation of his standing orders and he was promptly relieved of command for allegations of inappropriate leadership judgment.” What is so significant about the sacking of these two military officers is that they were from two completely different command structures in two different branches of the military. This speaks clearly to an overall military mindset with regard to how they view Obama.