PDA

View Full Version : FBI: Man Arrested At Theater Had Armor, Gun, Fake CIA ID

thoughtomator
08-01-2013, 02:07 PM
GRAND BLANC TWP. (WWJ/AP) - The FBI said a man arrested at a Michigan movie theater was wearing body armor and carrying a gun.

FBI spokesman Simon Shaykhet says police were called to the Trillium Theater in Grand Blanc Township near Flint on around 8:20 p.m. Tuesday after someone noticed the vest and gun.

Cassidy Delavergne was watching a movie when police approached him. According to investigators, Delavergne flashed a fake Central Intelligence Agency identification badge and told the officers that he was a federal agent.

Suspicious of his story, police arrested Delavergne and found he was wearing body armor and carrying a 9 mm pistol with 34 rounds of ammunition.

Rest here -> http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2013/08/01/fbi-man-arrested-at-theater-had-armor-gun-fake-cia-id/

I'm not sure what exactly to make of this but I find it very very strange.

tod evans
08-01-2013, 02:14 PM
I find it odd that the citizenry will welcome government employees with several firearms/lots of ammo and body armor but goes bat-shit when an everyday Joe arms himself..

Maybe it was the fake "Parerz"..:rolleyes:

John Taylor
08-01-2013, 02:19 PM
I find it odd that the citizenry will welcome government employees with several firearms/lots of ammo and body armor but goes bat-shit when an everyday Joe arms himself..

Maybe it was the fake "Parerz"..:rolleyes:

He also falsely identified himself as a federal foreign intelligence officer---which is a crime I might add.

tod evans
08-01-2013, 02:24 PM
He also falsely identified himself as a federal foreign intelligence officer---which is a crime I might add.

Well gosh!

The heathen must have been up to no good, failure to produce the correct papers and misrepresenting governmental authority all while "using and carrying" a firearm...

He's toast.......................And so are each and every one of us who sit idly by for this..

First they came for...[The dude with fake papers]

pcosmar
08-01-2013, 02:38 PM

Unless he was,, and had fallen out of favor..

Though the spooks I have run across have had Military IDs.

How would a podunk cop know a real from false CIA ID?

John Taylor
08-01-2013, 06:30 PM
Well gosh!

The heathen must have been up to no good, failure to produce the correct papers and misrepresenting governmental authority all while "using and carrying" a firearm...

He's toast.......................And so are each and every one of us who sit idly by for this..

First they came for...[The dude with fake papers]

It is not that he failed to produce the correct papers, but that he has allegedly falsely represented himself as a foreign service officer.

Those who sit idly by and watch someone who is being charged with a felony have his day in court .... are toast? Please, enough hyperbole. The sun rises.

John Taylor
08-01-2013, 06:31 PM

I'd wager a bet that if it's from Kmart wrapped in tin-foil, they'd have about a 50-50 shot at detecting it as a forgery...

dannno
08-01-2013, 06:49 PM
Why in the hell would the CIA ever admit it was an authentic ID? Of course they are going to claim it is fake, that is protocol for when one of them gets caught.

It's the cops that pressed the issue who are the real heroes here (for a change). They knew something wasn't right, they could have very well prevented a false flag.

AFPVet
08-01-2013, 08:38 PM

This. Real spies never say they're spies lol. They usually have valid military or federal IDs.

pcosmar
08-01-2013, 09:57 PM
Why in the hell would the CIA ever admit it was an authentic ID? Of course they are going to claim it is fake, that is protocol for when one of them gets caught.

It's the cops that pressed the issue who are the real heroes here (for a change). They knew something wasn't right, they could have very well prevented a false flag.

Reportedly he was doing nothing but watching the movie,, till approached and questioned.
He threatened no one. Committed no crime. Nothing.
He was watching the movie,,,,

He has not been charged with any crime related to the gun,, just with the allegedly fake ID.
Busted by county cops,, but the FBI is making the statements.
Curious,

tangent4ronpaul
08-01-2013, 10:17 PM
Wikileaks published a TSA manual that had a federal gvmt ID guide in it. So they changed all the ID's.

There are guidebooks for this sort of thing, just as there are guidebooks for recognizing all states drivers licenses and their security features. But in all likelihood, it probably just looked a little too "homemade".

-t

pcosmar
08-01-2013, 10:24 PM
Wikileaks published a TSA manual that had a federal gvmt ID guide in it. So they changed all the ID's.

There are guidebooks for this sort of thing, just as there are guidebooks for recognizing all states drivers licenses and their security features. But in all likelihood, it probably just looked a little too "homemade".

-t

Perhaps.
perhaps the guy is just an idiot. Anyone that thinks a CIA badge would have a calming effect is an idiot.

A court filing says Delavergne told an agent he displayed the phony ID to minimize concerns about his gun.
Or the story is a convoluted tangle of bullshit.. from the bed wetter that called police in the first place,, to the FBI involvement in a fake ID case.

Who knows?