PDA

View Full Version : DEM JOURNALIST: Dear Conservatives, We're Not Scared of Rand, But Terrified of Christie

AuH20
08-01-2013, 01:13 PM
Sounds like reverse psychology to me. Read how arrogant and supremely confident they are.....

httx://www.mediaite.com/online/dear-conservatives-democrats-are-not-scared-of-rand-but-theyre-terrified-of-christie/

Paul, by 2016, will have achieved a variety of legislative accomplishments and delivered some well-received speeches during his tenure in the upper chamber of Congress. He may even sponsor a bill or two which become celebrated law — a big maybe given the present occupant of the Oval Office — but his accomplishments will pale in comparison to Christie’s.

Further, the Democratic Party can run virtually the same campaign that they ran against Romney in 2012 against Paul in 2016, substituting the former Massachusetts governor’s personal ties to wealth with Paul’s ideological attachment to libertarianism. They will depict Paul’s as a form of “no-government conservatism” on steroids. His opposition to many aspects of how America prosecutes the war on terror – lent bipartisan legitimacy by virtue of their being utilized by both the Bush and Obama administrations – could also become a net negative in a general election. Paul’s mistrust of many aspects of U.S. defense policy may win over some traditionally Democratic young voters while ceding as many adults and seniors to the Democrats. His candidacy would have the added catastrophic effect of surrendering the issue of national security to Democrats for a generation or more.

Speaking of the 2012 campaign, Paul’s baggage when it comes to his past embrace of a neo-confederate speechwriter is as potentially politically toxic in a general presidential election as his father’s questionable newsletters would have been. The Democrats and Clinton can use Paul’s checkered past relating to race issues to drive up minority turnout, cement the impression that the GOP as a whole is unfriendly to minorities, and further depress the white vote.

Rand Paul = Mitt Romney. ROFL

Kotin
08-01-2013, 01:15 PM
LOL..

"we are scared of the guy that said he agreed with Andrew Cuomo about 98%"

bullshit.

you are scared of the guy who is the only repub reaching out to minorities and trying to widen the party base.. you are scared of the guy who make dems look soft of civil liberty and NSA spying.. you are scared of the guy who is famous for a filibuster about droning americans.. you are scared of the guy who tests better than any other candidate ever in the Frank Lunts focus groups..

dont even think you can fool us with that tripe.

ObiRandKenobi
08-01-2013, 01:16 PM
even if that were true.

if christie is the nominee and he wins, what have we won?

AuH20
08-01-2013, 01:19 PM
The GOP primary is going to be more difficult than the general IMHO. Obama has destroyed their brand beyond the dependent class and I'm not sure an insider like Clinton can repair such a gaping wound in such a small amount of time. Plus, she looks like the undead in an age of HDTV.

Anti Federalist
08-01-2013, 01:22 PM
even if that were true.

Nothing...the systems wins, again.

Which is why they are pulling this B'rer Rabbit "Please don't throw me in the briar patch" nonsense like this article.

LibertyEagle
08-01-2013, 01:25 PM
How about you break the link.

AuH20
08-01-2013, 01:26 PM
To use a pitching analogy:

Bob Dole = a fastball
John McCain = a fastball
Mitt Romney = a fastball
Rand Paul = the curveball! :) The curveball is tough to hit, especially when you don't know it's coming.

GunnyFreedom
08-01-2013, 01:28 PM
Sounds like reverse psychology to me. Read how arrogant and supremely confident they are.....

http://www.mediaite.com/online/dear-conservatives-democrats-are-not-scared-of-rand-but-theyre-terrified-of-christie/

Rand Paul = Mitt Romney. ROFL

This is the second time I've seen the left making the same claim today alone. I wonder if this is the new meme they will try and push on the liberal lying left?

georgiaboy
08-01-2013, 01:30 PM
Uncle Remus redux

Warlord
08-01-2013, 01:33 PM
even if that were true.

8 years of some cartoonish character saying "IM THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES, GET IN LINE OK?"

matt0611
08-01-2013, 01:34 PM
Ahahahahahaha. :D

They're scared...very scared. They wouldn't even be talking about Rand if they weren't scared, they would simply be ignoring him.

AuH20
08-01-2013, 01:51 PM
Somebody get Jack Conway on the phone and ask him about Rand Paul that ole pushover.

PatriotOne
08-01-2013, 02:22 PM
That must be why we are seeing daily attacks on Christie by the liberal media. Oh wait....that's Rand they are attacking on a regular basis. Hmmmmmmm.......

thoughtomator
08-01-2013, 02:30 PM
please don't throw me in the br'er patch!

jkob
08-01-2013, 02:34 PM
lol why would Dems be afraid of Christie? He basically is one.