PDA

View Full Version : Disagreements

Ender
08-01-2013, 10:42 AM
I am not usually a thread-starter but I wanted to address the issue of disagreements.

Disagreeing is healthy- it is where we can all learn the most. If we were all in constant agreement, this forum would be very dull, indeed. That said, I humbly ask that we stop taking disagreeing remarks personally. AND that we stop making disagreeing remarks personal.

Some posters that I heartily disagree with have taught me the most. There are some posters that I agree with 99% of the time, others maybe 48%- some I hardly agree with but are wonders of information that have spurred me on to more study. I have also found great friends that I never agree with but respect very much because of their attitude, humor, and kindness.

So- that said- can we learn to agree on disagreeing and not make it a personal issue? :)

Peace,

Ender

Nobexliberty
08-01-2013, 10:43 AM
I am not usually a thread-starter but I wanted to address the issue of disagreements.

Disagreeing is healthy- it is where we can all learn the most. If we were all in constant agreement, this forum would be very dull, indeed. That said, I humbly ask that we stop taking disagreeing remarks personally. AND that we stop making disagreeing remarks personal.

Some posters that I heartily disagree with have taught me the most. There are some posters that I agree with 99% of the time, others maybe 48%- some I hardly agree with but are wonders of information that have spurred me on to more study. I have also found great friends that I never agree with but respect very much because of their attitude, humor, and kindness.

So- that said- can we learn to agree on disagreeing and not make it a personal issue? :)

Peace,

Ender Yes, we all need debate!

cajuncocoa
08-01-2013, 10:46 AM
I'm in complete agreement with you on this! :)

Christian Liberty
08-01-2013, 10:47 AM
+1 to all (Assuming I actually can + rep Cajun at the moment.)

Absolutely right.

I get intense in debates sometimes but its not personal.

tod evans
08-01-2013, 10:52 AM

Maybe....

Sometimes....

As long as you understand that I'm right.....;)

ZENemy
08-01-2013, 10:52 AM
Oh man, without the debates here I would be YEARS behind in the idea of freedom and ones rights.

The times Ive been "checked" by senior members of this forum (and I'm sure even a n00b or 2) has set me straight on many occasions when I look back.

Origanalist
08-01-2013, 10:55 AM
Oh man, without the debates here I would be YEARS behind in the idea of freedom and ones rights.

The times Ive been "checked" by senior members of this forum (and I'm sure even a n00b or 2) has set me straight on many occasions when I look back.

This^^^^^^^

Ender
08-01-2013, 05:22 PM

Exactly! I have learned so much from really checking into things I "thought" I already knew and I love a good debate.

Thanks for the positive responses, everyone!