PDA

View Full Version : After The Tea Party: Adopt New Orleans as Virtual Headquarters?

linusPAULing
11-27-2007, 06:13 PM
The purpose of this would ultimately be to convince MILLIONS of unhappy people that the Gulf Coast would have fared much better under a RP administration, because:

1) First and foremost, RP would have put the reconstruction under LOCAL control,
2) RP would have allowed the Gulf coast to keep their own tax money,
3) RP would have left their guard instate, and NOT taken them to IRAQ

Note, RP talks a bit about Katrina in this video, which is where some of this information comes from:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khJ6lS9utl8

Frankly, simply REMINDING people of katrina at this time is good for RP in my opinion.

This "RP for New Orleans" campaign could be largely online, including numerous videos on the subject.

Of course many things could be done. For instance, the blimp could be sent down to canvas the coast from Miami to Houston. If the media followed the blimp, they'd have to address the Katrina angle, and bringing up that nightmare as much as possible would garner the interest of many Americans, not just Gulf coasters.

If the early primaries go well, we could consider organizing the mother of all rallies in New Orleans soon thereafter.

jenninlouisiana
11-27-2007, 06:39 PM
I'm from New Orleans, have family there still... all affected by Katrina... and I have a house there (unaffected by Katrina believe it or not). I go there about once a month for the weekend.

You don't have to convince them of anything. They already know. They hate FEMA, BUSH, Blanco (voted her out last month...)

linusPAULing
11-27-2007, 07:22 PM
Yes, I can imagine people are disgusted with the federal government right now.

You would have to think that New Orleans represents a TON of potential RP converts.

jenninlouisiana
11-27-2007, 07:33 PM
BTW, I didn't rate you 1 star.

linusPAULing
11-27-2007, 07:55 PM
Dear jenninlouisiana,

I hope I didn't offend you by recommending that we remind "people" of the horrors of Katrina. I was thinking about reminding those people far from the Gulf who have to some degree forgotten about it.

I'm sure that residents would rather forget the whole thing entirely!

I wish you and your family well, and I hope everyone can recover their lives as soon as possible!

ladyliberty
11-27-2007, 08:31 PM
http://www.jasonackerman.com/DailyBlogPhotos/FemaStephenBreen.gif

Sandra
11-27-2007, 09:06 PM
I'm from Denham Springs which is full to bursting with Displaced New Orleans residents. The traffic is deadly and there are now too many kids in some classes in Livingston Parish. Everything has been done by the Parish to aleviate the crowding and nothing on the federal end. I can't believe all the money that was dumped into FEMA went towards coordination offices and staging but NOTHING was done. If the state and the parish handled it from the beginning, the situation would have been a lot better.

As amatter of fact FEMA prevented assisstance from everybody.

linusPAULing
11-27-2007, 11:29 PM
Wow, what a terrible situation. The severity of this mess is not being discussed enough around the country; certainly not in northern CA.

The Katrina debacle demonstrates SO CLEARLY why we need RP in the white house! The people need to resume responsibility for this mess; the federal government has failed!

linusPAULing
11-30-2007, 09:55 PM
I thought I'd throw this out again for consideration.