PDA

View Full Version : Armed government agents raid animal shelter to euthanize baby deer

Origanalist
08-01-2013, 09:46 AM
In Wisconsin, yet another example of the government’s overzealous attempts to punish citizens for good-faith interactions with wildlife, even if they’re saving said wildlife. This time, an armed raid to capture and euthanize a fawn at an animal shelter, which was on its way to a wildlife preserve. Government is just a word for things we do together, Bambi: http://www.wisn.com/news/armed-agents-raid-animal-shelter-for-baby-deer/-/9373668/21272108/-/wvh1n7z/-/index.html#ixzz2aiuk1wGs

It was like a SWAT team,” shelter employee Ray Schulze said.

Two weeks ago, Schulze was working in the barn at the Society of St. Francis on the Kenosha-Illinois border when a swarm of squad cars arrived and officers unloaded with a search warrant.

“(There were) nine DNR agents and four deputy sheriffs, and they were all armed to the teeth,” Schulze said.

The focus of their search was a baby fawn brought there by an Illinois family worried she had been abandoned by her mother.

“When it made a little noise, it sounded like it was laughing,” Schulze said.

Schulze videotaped the fawn they named Giggles during the two weeks she was there. The Department of Natural Resources began investigating after two anonymous calls reporting a baby deer at the no-kill shelter.

The warden drafted an affidavit for the search warrant, complete with aerial photos in which he described getting himself into a position where he was able to see the fawn going in and out of the barn.

Agents told staff they came to seize the deer because Wisconsin law forbids the possession of wildlife.
So, they took the deer and killed it. Mercifully, I guess, the state has chosen not to press charges against this animal shelter for the horrible crime of trying to rehabilitate a deer abandoned by its mother in an animal shelter and transfer it to a wildlife preserve in Illinois, where wild deer are permitted by law. Apparently, if the shelter had had a state-issued permit for keeping a wild deer, everything would have been fine, which suggests keeping one is not inherently dangerous, despite that being the Department of Natural Resources’ justification for killing the fawn.

The representative of the animal shelter gave the government far too much credit:

“I was thinking in my mind they were going to take the deer and take it to a wildlife shelter, and here they come carrying the baby deer over their shoulder. She was in a body bag,” Schulze said. “I said, ‘Why did you do that?’ He said, ‘That’s our policy,’ and I said, ‘That’s one hell of a policy.’”
And a government spokesperson literally likened the raid to a drug bust:

“Could you have made a phone call before showing up, I mean, that’s a lot of resources,” WISN 12 News investigative reporter Colleen Henry asked.

“If a sheriff’s department is going in to do a search warrant on a drug bust, they don’t call them and ask them to voluntarily surrender their marijuana or whatever drug that they have before they show up,” Niemeyer said,

http://hotair.com/archives/2013/08/01/armed-government-agents-raid-animal-shelter-to-euthanize-baby-deer/

presence
08-01-2013, 10:00 AM
If you have nothing nice to say its best to say nothing at all.

Origanalist
08-01-2013, 10:05 AM
I feel a lot safer now.

tod evans
08-01-2013, 10:07 AM
Who's paying these idiots?

ladyjade3
08-01-2013, 10:08 AM
Stay classy, cops.

Origanalist
08-01-2013, 10:09 AM
Who's paying these idiots?

Do you have to ask? :p

tod evans
08-01-2013, 10:12 AM
Do you have to ask? :p

Nope.........

Just on the off chance some uninitiated person reads this thread maybe some synapses will fire...

Pericles
08-01-2013, 10:13 AM
If you don't have a plan to "repel boarders", you need to make one.

Origanalist
08-01-2013, 10:15 AM
If you don't have a plan to "repel boarders", you need to make one.

Even if you are an animal shelter.........

jkr
08-01-2013, 10:40 AM
there day will come...only not SOON enough...

Ender
08-01-2013, 10:47 AM
When I was a kid of about 8, I found a batch of baby partridges on our property that seemed to be motherless.

I started taking care of them and protecting them from our predatory cats while my mother called the local widelife officials. We were told, in no uncertain terms that touching the birds, on our own property, was a crime. They never came out to help the birds.

I continued to keep the cats away from them and, thankfully a few days later, the mother appeared.

Anti Federalist
08-01-2013, 10:48 AM
Whazzat ya'll are saying?

Can't hear a god damned thing over all this freedom ringing in my ears.

tod evans
08-01-2013, 10:48 AM
When I was a kid of about 8, I found a batch of baby partridges on our property that seemed to be motherless.

I started taking care of them and protecting them from our predatory cats while my mother called the local widelife officials. We were told, in no uncertain terms that touching the birds, on our own property, was a crime. They never came out to help the birds.

I continued to keep the cats away from them and, thankfully a few days later, the mother appeared.

Scofflaw!

Anti Federalist
08-01-2013, 10:49 AM
Felony Molestation of Wildlife.

You are reported.

I started taking care of them and protecting them from our predatory cats while my mother called the local widelife officials. We were told, in no uncertain terms that touching the birds, on our own property was a crime. They never came out to help the birds.

tod evans
08-01-2013, 10:49 AM
Whazzat ya'll are saying?

Can't hear a god damned thing over all this freedom ringing in my ears.

That's the guard banging his nightstick on the bars of your cage dude.....

tangent4ronpaul
08-01-2013, 10:55 AM
This country is completely out of control! :mad:

-t

Anti Federalist
08-01-2013, 10:56 AM
Schulze said. “I said, ‘Why did you do that?’ He said, ‘That’s our policy,’ and I said, ‘That’s one hell of a policy.’”

Felony Contempt of Cop.

Lucky you didn't get tased or shot.

Anti Federalist
08-01-2013, 10:58 AM
That's the guard banging his nightstick on the bars of your cage dude.....

Cage?

What cage?

I doan see no cage.

Thiss is the lann of the free, man...

*belch*

Red Green
08-01-2013, 11:01 AM
Reminds me of that animated movie "Bambi Meets Godzilla".

GunnyFreedom
08-01-2013, 11:20 AM
A far worse killing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsoTubxuXxE

(once again, anonymous tip. Imagine that. 7 of the 9 deer killed were immune to CWD, and none of them tested positive)

http://charlotte.cbslocal.com/2011/10/11/north-carolina-officials-killing-penned-deer-sparks-international-outrage/

But it's OK since they decided not to prosecute the guy. :rolleyes:

http://www.wral.com/news/news_briefs/story/10391489/

Timeline

http://www.risenc.org/wayne-linda-kindleys-warrant-6/

Kotin
08-01-2013, 11:24 AM
what is up with swatting for everything?

honestly, I am surprised that there have been no cases(reported at least) of an actual shooting at a school being done by a cop who is trying to arrest a kid for something arbitrary, instead of some crazy dude doing it..

Snew
08-01-2013, 11:25 AM
poor Bambi :(

Anti Federalist
08-01-2013, 11:27 AM
what is up with swatting for everything?

honestly, I am surprised that there have been no cases(reported at least) of an actual shooting at a school being done by a cop who is trying to arrest a kid for something arbitrary, instead of some crazy dude doing it..

I'm pretty sure there already have been a few cases of that.

RPF member Capt. Shays lost a stepson, gunned down by a "school resource officer" (That's NewSpeak for school cop) under suspicious circumstances.

It's also pretty clear that at least some of the kids killed at Columbine were killed by the cops.

http://www.cbsnews.com/2100-201_162-322525.html

AuH20
08-01-2013, 11:28 AM
I hear that the IED market is soaring with stories like these. LOL

Kotin
08-01-2013, 11:29 AM
I'm pretty sure there already have been a few cases of that.

RPF member Capt. Shays lost a stepson, gunned down by a "school resource officer" (That's NewSpeak for school cop) under suspicious circumstances.

yeah I am sure it has happened.. just haven't seen the reports too much I suppose..

Pericles
08-01-2013, 11:32 AM
yeah I am sure it has happened.. just haven't seen the reports too much I suppose..

Who would investigate those cases? Answered my own question.

Czolgosz
08-01-2013, 12:13 PM
Can't help but laugh at America.

Valli6
08-01-2013, 01:43 PM
Supervisor Jennifer Niemeyer
http://dnr.wi.gov/images/News/20080505_Jennifer_Niemeyer_ser_824.jpg

"Could you have made a phone call before showing up, I mean, that's a lot of resources," WISN 12 News investigative reporter Colleen Henry asked.

"If a sheriff's department is going in to do a search warrant on a drug bust, they don't call them and ask them to voluntarily surrender their marijuana or whatever drug that they have before they show up," Niemeyer said,

Niemeyer denied agents killed Giggles at the shelter. She said they tranquilized her and then euthanized her off-site.
I sure hope this blows up on them.

Anti Federalist
08-01-2013, 01:48 PM
Now ya know what they need those tanks for.

GunnyFreedom
08-01-2013, 01:52 PM
Supervisor Jennifer Niemeyer
http://dnr.wi.gov/images/News/20080505_Jennifer_Niemeyer_ser_824.jpg

I sure hope this blows up on them.

Blowing 9 of them away with shotguns inside a rescue enclosure in NC didn't have much impact here. I doubt this kind of far more gentle euthanization will have any real impact. :(

Henry Rogue
08-01-2013, 07:00 PM
http://www.wisn.com/news/armed-agents-raid-animal-shelter-for-baby-deer/-/9373668/21272108/-/item/0/-/13d8x2mz/-/index.html

WISN 12 News investigates an operation raising questions about the use of government resources and the state policy that meant a death sentence for a fawn.

"It was like a SWAT team," shelter employee Ray Schulze said.

Two weeks ago, Schulze was working in the barn at the Society of St. Francis on the Kenosha-Illinois border when a swarm of squad cars arrived and officers unloaded with a search warrant.

"(There were) nine DNR agents and four deputy sheriffs, and they were all armed to the teeth," Schulze said.

The focus of their search was a baby fawn brought there by an Illinois family worried she had been abandoned by her mother

jim49er
08-01-2013, 07:53 PM
Pff See fawnthing wrong say something.

Valli6
08-07-2013, 07:13 AM
Raided shelter owner, Ray Shulze interviewed by Tucker Carlson and Steve Doocy (morning show). Unfortunately it's too short to give us much information. Hoping John Stossel follows up on the story in the future.
(3:50)
http://video.foxnews.com/v/2585320579001/raid-on-wisconsin-animal-shelter-leaves-baby-deer-dead/