PDA

View Full Version : Yahoo! News: Republican Party split between Chris Christie and Rand Paul

ssunlimited
08-01-2013, 08:41 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/split-gop-2016-cant-come-fast-enough-132600205.html

GunnyFreedom
08-01-2013, 09:06 AM
Absurd. The article tries to claim that Romney lost in 2012 because he was too much like Ron Paul. :rolleyes:

klamath
08-01-2013, 09:14 AM
Absurd. The article tries to claim that Romney lost in 2012 because he was too much like Ron Paul. :rolleyes:
Well he said it so it has to be true.... Hmmmm I just wonder just how Romney was trying to be RP in the primaries????????

JCDenton0451
08-01-2013, 09:19 AM
I think the author was actually referring to the Rand Paul's Tea Party brand of conservatism there.

GunnyFreedom
08-01-2013, 09:26 AM
I think the author was actually referring to the Rand Paul's Tea Party brand of conservatism there.

Mitt Romney, from the Christie strain of Republicanism, tried on the Paul strain during the primaries. The mess that resulted needs no further explanation. But it meant that the party didn't try to bridge that gap, pushing off the debate until 2016. Which is why Christie and Paul have already taken it up.

OK, I think you are correct, but it's still absurd. Mitt was the Anti-Tea just as much as he was the Anti-Liberty.

JCDenton0451
08-01-2013, 09:32 AM
Depends on how you define the Tea Party. Michelle Bachmann claimed to be Tea party, Rick Santorum too. To be fair, Romney did adopt many conservative positions during primaries.

GunnyFreedom
08-01-2013, 09:53 AM
Depends on how you define the Tea Party. Michelle Bachmann claimed to be Tea party, Rick Santorum too. To be fair, Romney did adopt many conservative positions during primaries.

Well, if you mean 'conserving big government' maybe. The closest thing he ever did to Tea was to reject campaigning for 47% of the voters in the General. :rolleyes:

I didn't see Romney move towards Tea in the Primary at all, and I was awfully heavily involved. I did see him move away from liberal Republicanism and towards status quo Republicanism. Maaaaybe on one singular point 'repeal obamacare' but not really because he wanted to 'replace it' probably with romneycare. So I'm still just not seeing it.

cajuncocoa
08-01-2013, 09:56 AM
That needs more eyerolls.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

GunnyFreedom
08-01-2013, 10:24 AM
That needs more eyerolls.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Turns out they meant "Rand" which in the 2012 Primary was frankly before he had even hit stride really, so I guess they meant "future Rand" which makes no sense. But still, yeah :rolleyes: