PDA

View Full Version : How to double or triple your donations for the Tea Party

mport1
11-27-2007, 06:01 PM
This holiday season provides a great opportunity to raise tons of cash for the Tea Party. Everybody should tell your friends and family that instead of gifts, you would prefer money so you can donate to the Ron Paul campaign. Since Christmas doesn't come until the 25th it is too late for the Tea Party, so asking them to make a donation themselves as a gift won't be of much help. You can either ask if you can be given an early present or just expect that you will be receiving money later and donate accordingly. Hopefully we can all get an extra few hundred dollars that we can donate on the 16th doing this. I have already told my family to please not give me ANY presents for Hanukkah and only money that I can donate.

The gift of liberty is surely better than whatever we would have gotten in presents. We should all be willing to sacrifice a little for this movement. If everybody does this, we should all hopefully be able to double our donations by adding these new funds on top of what we were already planning to give.

TechnoGuyRob
11-27-2007, 06:24 PM
Bump so people can read this.

steph3n
11-27-2007, 06:28 PM
I think I may have just maxed the other day :( I was buying from the store and they only charged me a portion of the amount it was supposed to cost because they issued a refund for part.
I knew I was sitting on the edge but really wanted that navy fleece.....guess i will have to recruit a few friends to give in my place on Dec 16 :D

mport1
11-27-2007, 08:52 PM
As a bonus, you will also be spreading the message to your friends and family who will be intrigued that you decided to pass up gifts to donate to a politician.

mport1
12-02-2007, 08:19 PM
Another idea for funds:

In the next few weeks, try to cut back on spending wherever you can. Instead of eating a nice meal go for fast food, buy cheaper beer, get store brand groceries, or anything you can think of where you can either eliminate or cut down on spending.

Either keep a mental tally of how much you are saving or bring a sheet of paper around with you to keep track of it. Hopefully you will have saved up a good chunk of money which can be additionally donated on the Tea Party. Hey, you were gonna spend it anyways!

James R
12-02-2007, 08:54 PM
I'm asking for Christmas for all of my immediate family to make a small donation on Dec 16th to Ron Paul.

mport1
12-04-2007, 08:29 PM
So I got a check today for the first night of Hanukkah. Guess where that is going.