PDA

View Full Version : In a few hours, the Senate will vote on amendment to halt $1.5 billion for junta in Egypt

KEEF
07-31-2013, 08:54 AM
FYI for anyone not on Rand's email list

I need your help to hold President Obama accountable.

In a few hours, the Senate will vote on my amendment to halt $1.5 billion in taxpayer money President Obama wants to shuffle off to the military junta in Egypt.

This vote is URGENT and I hope I can count on your help today by contacting your senators at 202-224-3121 and urging them to vote "Yes" on my amendment to stop President Obama from sending $1.5 billion in taxpayer money to the military junta in Egypt.

You see, American law is very clear.

No assistance can be sent to countries where the military has staged a coup or played a decisive role in a coup.

And on July 3, the Egyptian military staged a coup that tossed President Morsi out of office.

There are no waivers allowed. No delays in enforcing the law.

But as you and I have seen on other occasions, President Obama just doesn't care about the rule of law.

He's trying to claim the law doesn't force him to label what happened in Egypt a military coup so he still has the authority to send taxpayer dollars to Egypt.

So if he doesn't want to obey the law, it's up to you and me to force him.

That's why I hope I can count on you to call your senators IMMEDIATELY at 202-224-3121 and demand they vote in favor of my amendment to strip Egypt of all taxpayer money in accordance with U.S. law.

President Obama isn't a king.

He doesn't get to pick and choose which laws he wants to enforce.

Not one cent of your money should go to countries where they burn our flag or the military stages a coup.

So please, contact your senators right away at 202-224-3121 and demand they vote "Yes" on my amendment to force President Obama to obey the law and stop sending your money to Egypt's military.

In Liberty,

Senator Rand Paul

paulbot24
07-31-2013, 10:00 AM
This is excellent and I agree. Can't the Senate do more than inform the people that Obama is not a king and he doesn't get to pick which laws he wants to enforce? How did the Executive branch become so powerful that all our entire Congress can do is simply remind the President that he must obey the law. Then, when Obama says no, they say, well damn, we tried. Is this really all that can be done? I applaud Rand for this. It is just shocking to me that our entire Congress of elected officials has been neutered and they don't seem to mind. What if Obama just declared himself (formally) as a king? Would Congress be "allowed" to consult with him? Maybe a petition on whitehouse.gov? How did it get to be this fucked up?

Cleaner44
07-31-2013, 10:32 AM
I didn't waste my time with a call to McCain, but I did call Senator Flake's office.