PDA

View Full Version : "But Who Will Build the Roads?"

greves
11-27-2007, 05:48 PM
In my mind, this book is central to our movement. Maybe a lot of you have not read it, or heard of the author, but for those of you who have you know how helpful this book is. Those of you who haven't need to get your hands on a copy... Mr. Tremblay explains wonderfully and directly how Ron Paul's policies will work in practice.

I know I sound like I'm just trying to plug the book, but seriously - people always bring up these petty issues about road building and never talk about the heart of the matter: government intervention from cradle to grave. If you support Dr. Paul, and you know he has something good, but you get annoyed when someone asks a question that should be silly and you don't have the answer - READ THIS. It doesn't only cover specific questions, but Mr. Tremblay's writing style and logic are clear, and he teaches you how to think about any situation at hand.

I don't know if this has been plugged here before or not, but buy it, read it, and then buy a dozen more and pass them to everyone who you think would be interested.

$19 on Amazon or Xlibris
http://www.amazon.com/Market-Anarchy-Explained-Build-Roads/dp/1425769403
http://www2.xlibris.com/bookstore/bookdisplay.asp?bookid=38234

Menthol Patch
11-27-2007, 05:49 PM
The answer is simple.

State and local governments.

Ron Paul's focus is on reducing the FEDERAL government.

runderwo
11-27-2007, 05:56 PM
The answer is simple.

x2

No need to try to convert people to libertarianism in this campaign. A libertarian approach just happens to be a very practical fit for the administration of the federal government.

stefans
11-27-2007, 05:59 PM
The answer is simple.

to be exact, ron paul's focus is subsidiarity.

AlexMerced
11-27-2007, 06:00 PM
John Henry will build the road with nothing but a hammer

jonahtrainer
11-27-2007, 06:02 PM

The funniest quote I saw was from one of Ron Paul's opponents for his congressional seat. He tried to criticize Ron Paul by saying "His idea of the Federal government is 6 nuclear submarines." Dang, I'd vote for that!

Paulitician
11-27-2007, 06:06 PM
It amazes me that people are so dumb to think that the federal government does and should do everything.

jm1776
11-27-2007, 06:19 PM
Thanks for the book pointer. I just ordered a copy.

We all have work to do in Congress and at the State and local level regardless of how this election turns out.

noxagol
11-27-2007, 10:19 PM
I'm thinking of possibly running for state rep here in Illinois. Right now I am just trying to fool myself into thinking I could win so I will actually go do it.

Corydoras
11-27-2007, 10:44 PM
He tried to criticize Ron Paul by saying "His idea of the Federal government is 6 nuclear submarines." Dang, I'd vote for that!

Oh, is THAT where it comes from! LOL In some video I actually heard Ron Paul say something about defending America with six nuclear submarines!
:p