PDA

View Full Version : Website issues 6:30 pm 11/27/07

SwordOfShannarah
11-27-2007, 05:31 PM
OK so another update..

First off, ultimately we're getting off GoDaddy.com. That should make everyone feel better.

For the fastest solution to the downtime we're experiencing..

I've set up two new accounts and will give each domain it's own account. The problem is not bandwidth but concurrent users.. we're getting a lot of them. So with each site set up for 150 concurrent users the problems we're having right now will be solved. But right now all three sites are sharing 150 concurrent users. The fastest solution is the one I'm going with now.. but ultimately we'll be getting a dedicated server that can handle everything we're dealing with.

From what I understand Elijah has been talking with Joey from RonPaulRadio.com. They are obviously well known and can be trusted (not that others can't be it's just they are verified). They are already planning on taking RonPaulBlimp.com so I'm going to see if they can help with a dedicated plan.

Again- these new plans are being set up now, they won't take long, then I'll switch off two sites to the new accounts and our immediate problems will be solved. Each site will have the same plan that ThisNovember5th.com had on the day of the donation drive and afterwards. Those days went perfectly with no website problems.

It won't be long now.. I'm very sorry for this. It's totally... well... LAME!!! But at least it shows the concepts we have are getting attention and to be honest we're just getting started in terms of publicity. We've got plenty more to come.. :D

Wayne Hammond
11-27-2007, 05:40 PM
Thanks Trevor. Glad you have this under control. Looking forward to the host changeover.

Energy
11-27-2007, 05:42 PM
Been holding off on sending a tsunami of new supporters and pledges until now :)

Thanks for all the great work Trevor!

TechnoGuyRob
11-27-2007, 05:55 PM
I know the guy that hosts RonPaulRadio.com.

I can vouch for him.

Lord Xar
11-27-2007, 05:56 PM
After Trevor gets this sorted out,,, can we hit Curry and Schiff with this so they can promote it again!

SwordOfShannarah
11-27-2007, 05:56 PM
ok so here is the deal- I've got RudysReadingList.com pointing to the new hosting plan, AName records are modified. This means one site is no longer drawing on the other account and about 1 hour of downtime for RudysReadingList.com. When that comes back up it will be able to handle 150 concurrent users. That should solve that problem.

Next.. TeaParty07.com. Just about 10 minutes to change the setup for that one, then 1 hour of downtime. Then all three sites should be able to handle 150 concurrent users.

Then I'll work out a dedicated host over the next few days (or sooner if we have any additional troubles), and then we'll be golden! Sorry about all this mess. Totally lame.

me3
11-27-2007, 05:57 PM
I sent a ton of traffic to RRL and I plan(ned) to send a lot more.

Let me know when we're good to go Trevor.

Mark
11-27-2007, 06:04 PM
OK so another update..

First off, ultimately we're getting off GoDaddy.com. That should make everyone feel better.

For the fastest solution to the downtime we're experiencing..

I've set up two new accounts and will give each domain it's own account. The problem is not bandwidth but concurrent users.. we're getting a lot of them. So with each site set up for 150 concurrent users the problems we're having right now will be solved. But right now all three sites are sharing 150 concurrent users. The fastest solution is the one I'm going with now.. but ultimately we'll be getting a dedicated server that can handle everything we're dealing with.

From what I understand Elijah has been talking with Joey from RonPaulRadio.com. They are obviously well known and can be trusted (not that others can't be it's just they are verified). They are already planning on taking RonPaulBlimp.com so I'm going to see if they can help with a dedicated plan.

Again- these new plans are being set up now, they won't take long, then I'll switch off two sites to the new accounts and our immediate problems will be solved. Each site will have the same plan that ThisNovember5th.com had on the day of the donation drive and afterwards. Those days went perfectly with no website problems.

It won't be long now.. I'm very sorry for this. It's totally... well... LAME!!! But at least it shows the concepts we have are getting attention and to be honest we're just getting started in terms of publicity. We've got plenty more to come.. :D

I don't know if it will help, I'm just learning the whole 'web hosting' paradigm,
but, I just opened up a "re-seller" hosting account that can add unlimited hosting accounts (disk space is an issue).

I was hoping to offer Ron Paul supporters at or near cost web space for their web pages.

If I can 'mirror' the site in some way to help, holla at your boy.

I have over 3TB, yes, that is a "T", Tera, of monthly bandwidth with a "state of the art" hosting company and web page serving platform.

Their method of delivering content is new and much more efficient than a regular platform.

It, simply, ROCKS.

jd603
11-27-2007, 06:08 PM
Only problem I see is that ronpaulradio.com is hosted in Paris, France or one of its neighbors.

I can vouch for him.

Wayne Hammond
11-27-2007, 06:08 PM

I can vouch for him.

Oh. That really comforts me, Rob. :rolleyes:

You have WAY TO MUCH time on your hands for a 16-year old.

I'm thinking about calling your mommy and daddy and having a conversation with them about you. ;)

lastnymleft
11-27-2007, 06:12 PM
I think you have to work on the assumption that we *will* be subjected to DDOS attacks. Particularly if you mention figures about the number of concurrent users. The other candidates have sufficient paid supporters and staffers that they could - if they so wanted - seriously affect us.

Hope for the best, but plan for the worst.

jd603
11-27-2007, 06:19 PM
I'm part French but please don't host the Boston Tea Party in Paris! :o

How about I host it for you IN BOSTON?!?!

SwordOfShannarah
11-27-2007, 06:56 PM
So right now everyone should be able to access RudysReadingList.com and RonPaulBlimp.com without any problems. Let me know if that's true.

TeaParty07.com is a little different because I didn't register the domain, but I do have control of it. The domain is pointing to the new server and so is the AName Record. This should start to take (the site should come back up) within an hour or so. We may get some longer propagation times for some people.. but essentially the server issues are all solved as far as any action I can take.

Let me know how things go. Sorry again for the mess. Back to the phones, etc tomorrow for promotion. :)

jd603
11-27-2007, 06:59 PM
Looks fine right now....

So right now everyone should be able to access RudysReadingList.com and RonPaulBlimp.com without any problems. Let me know if that's true.

TeaParty07.com is a little different because I didn't register the domain, but I do have control of it. The domain is pointing to the new server and so is the AName Record. This should start to take (the site should come back up) within an hour or so. We may get some longer propagation times for some people.. but essentially the server issues are all solved as far as any action I can take.

Let me know how things go. Sorry again for the mess. Back to the phones, etc tomorrow for promotion. :)

Wayne Hammond
11-27-2007, 07:08 PM
Yep. All loads fine, except for TeaParty07. Will wait an hour or so to see if the propagation kicks in around my neck of the woods.

RudysReadingList and RonPaulBlimp are loading SUPER FAST now. :D

Menthol Patch
11-27-2007, 07:18 PM
I cannot access the Tea Party site, but I can access Rudysreadinglist!

Wayne Hammond
11-27-2007, 07:22 PM
I cannot access the Tea Party site, but I can access Rudysreadinglist!

Wait about an hour for the TeaParty07 site, Menthol. The DNS changes to www.TeaParty07.com should be near to full propagation by then. The other sites should work fine for you now.

JAYCEE
11-27-2007, 07:51 PM
Do we have enough bandwidth for the big day?