specsaregood
07-30-2013, 07:12 PM
Make that 2.

jim49er
07-30-2013, 07:21 PM
Make that 3.

brandon
07-30-2013, 07:23 PM
Any polls? When is the next gubernatorial election, 2014? Is he term limited ( I know this is still his first)

eduardo89
07-30-2013, 07:25 PM
Make that 4.

otherone
07-30-2013, 07:25 PM
With all due respect, you gentleman are out of touch with NJ. He will win in a landslide. He is popular with both Dems and the GOP. No Republican will challenge him in the primary; no Democrat has the support to unseat him in the general election.

paulbot24
07-30-2013, 07:35 PM
With all due respect, you gentleman are out of touch with NJ. He will win in a landslide. He is popular with both Dems and the GOP. No Republican will challenge him in the primary; no Democrat has the support to unseat him in the general election.

The dark side of compromise. Always reminds me of an interview I saw with Ron about bi-partisan support. The media was talking about it like it was that great blessed spirit of working together, sounding like kindergarten teachers raving about their perfect little hand holding students, and Ron flatly said some of the worst decisions ever made on Capitol Hill enjoyed bi-partisan support.

"So it's always this compromise. There are the big spending conservatives and the big spending liberals, they get together, and they don't have to worry on the short run." - Ron Paul

Enter Chris Christie.

specsaregood
07-30-2013, 07:36 PM

Well, Im not out of touch with anything. I'm an NJ voter and I will not vote for him again. I've defended him plenty, I've looked back policy differences and it was sure worth voting for him the first time in order to get rid of Corzine. But I will NOT vote for a neocon attack dog. I also control about 5 other apathetic voters votes (they only bother to vote if I ask them to) I'll be asking all of them to do the same. It might not make a difference in the final outcome but I'm sure not gonna help him.

krugminator
07-30-2013, 07:37 PM
Any polls? When is the next gubernatorial election, 2014? Is he term limited ( I know this is still his first)

He was up by 35 in the last poll. I think he'll hang on.

AuH20
07-30-2013, 07:38 PM
After colluding with the Big O, he can be governor for life if he so desires.

TER
07-30-2013, 07:39 PM

:)

I'm pretty in touch considering I live here. ;)

And he just lost five voters. (though, I am not sure if Eduardo is registered to vote here.) :confused:

TER
07-30-2013, 07:42 PM
I wonder if Christie starting the fight is also being timed in and towards opposition to Steve Lonegan for Senate. Me thinks Christie is about to become known by conservatives the nation over as the big fat angry liberal neocon shill from 'Jersey.

TER
07-30-2013, 07:45 PM
As for the previous post, I am not claiming this is a nice thing to say about him, just that that is exactly what many will say about him. Indeed, they have and they do.

jim49er
07-30-2013, 07:54 PM
I wonder if Christie starting the fight is also being timed in and towards opposition to Steve Lonegan for Senate. Me thinks Christie is about to become known by conservatives the nation over as the big fat angry liberal neocon shill from 'Jersey.

I hope that's the case.

eduardo89
07-30-2013, 07:56 PM
:)

I'm pretty in touch considering I live here. ;)

And he just lost five voters. (though, I am not sure if Eduardo is registered to vote here.) :confused:

I'm not registered or even eligible (unless I wanted to vote D, in which case there aren't any qualifications) to vote in the US.

specsaregood
07-30-2013, 07:56 PM
./

TER
07-30-2013, 07:57 PM
I'm not registered or even eligible (unless I wanted to vote D, in which case there aren't any qualifications) to vote in the US.

Reported.

TER
07-30-2013, 07:58 PM
I was just thinking the other day that it would be nice if Rand came to NJ to campaign for Lonegan.
This is what Lonegan had to say about this dustup:

I've met Steve Lonegan and from the little I know, he is the real deal.

eduardo89
07-30-2013, 08:00 PM
Reported.

To the DOJ? I'm sure if I asked they'd guide me through the voting registration process :p

Henry Rogue
07-30-2013, 08:29 PM
To the DOJ? I'm sure if I asked they'd guide me through the voting registration process :p I think the requirement, is to take the identity of the deceased or someone you Know won't vote. I'm not advocating this, that just what I have heard they do.

eduardo89
07-30-2013, 08:32 PM
I think the requirement, is to take the identity of the deceased or someone you no won't vote. I'm not advocating this, that just what I have heard they do.

It's really not that hard to register to vote despite being a foreign national.

07-30-2013, 11:53 PM
It's really not that hard to register to vote despite being a foreign national.

Nah, like the democrats say, voter early and vote often.

Keith and stuff
07-31-2013, 05:17 AM

He is very popular in NJ. Not sure if he could win the presidential election but the governorship is a very likely repeat. Most voters in NJ love big government and cannot get enough. I talked to a NY YAL State Chair last night and she said that 40% to 50% of the people that took to WSPQ on her NYC campus scored statist. I've done it in several states and I usually get 1/3 to almost no statists. That NYC metro area might be beyond fixing.

Root
07-31-2013, 06:14 AM
I was just thinking the other day that it would be nice if Rand came to NJ to campaign for Lonegan.
This is what Lonegan had to say about this dustup:
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/1005448_149422671930419_2111774611_n.jpg

Rand and Dr. Alieta Eck who is also running for Senate and seems much closer to liberty principles over Lonegan.

FSP-Rebel
07-31-2013, 10:28 AM
So, the primary is in two weeks. Any polling coming out on this race? Seems like Lonegan and Eck would be vote splitting.

specsaregood
07-31-2013, 10:37 AM
So, the primary is in two weeks. Any polling coming out on this race? Seems like Lonegan and Eck would be vote splitting.

Lonegan has it.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Senate_special_election_in_New_Jerse y,_2013#Polling_2

Eck might be more paulish; but lonegan is the only one that even has a slight chance at upsetting booker (even then its unlikely). But he does have access to a big network of activists, fundraising and decent name recognition. And lonegan would definitely be part of the Rand, Lee, Cruz alliance in the senate. Ron endorsed Lonegan against Christie in the past gubernatorial election. Christie outspent him by 6:1 and won by 13pts.

AuH20
07-31-2013, 10:39 AM
He is very popular in NJ. Not sure if he could win the presidential election but the governorship is a very likely repeat. Most voters in NJ love big government and cannot get enough. I talked to a NY YAL State Chair last night and she said that 40% to 50% of the people that took to WSPQ on her NYC campus scored statist. I've done it in several states and I usually get 1/3 to almost no statists. That NYC metro area might be beyond fixing.

2nd highest property taxes in the nation, next to D.C., but I believe their public school educational ranking is very high as well (top 2 I speculate).

specsaregood
07-31-2013, 10:49 AM
2nd highest property taxes in the nation, next to D.C., but I believe their public school educational ranking is very high as well (top 2 I speculate).

Yes it is rated very high. And yet I read an article recently that said upwards of 50% of new NJ grads can't take classes at college without first taking remedial classes. Not very impressive, to say the least. I can't find that article online, but the following would indicate something similar since it cites that 30% of the top 20% of grads have to take remedial classes.

State legislators were appalled in 2006 to discover that almost 30 percent of the 1,680 new NJSTARS community college scholarship recipients, who by definition were in the top 20 percent of their high school graduating class, had to take at least one remedial course.
http://m.pressofatlanticcity.com/news/top_three/watchdog-report-taxpayers-pay-million-a-year-for-remedial-courses/article_b443e028-609a-11df-a2ef-001cc4c002e0.html

paulbot24
07-31-2013, 11:07 AM
Obviously it's time to lower the bar or we run the risk of looking like we're doing something wrong.:rolleyes:

AuH20
07-31-2013, 11:10 AM
Yes it is rated very high. And yet I read an article recently that said upwards of 50% of new NJ grads can't take classes at college without first taking remedial classes. Not very impressive, to say the least. I can't find that article online, but the following would indicate something similar since it cites that 30% of the top 20% of grads have to take remedial classes.

http://m.pressofatlanticcity.com/news/top_three/watchdog-report-taxpayers-pay-million-a-year-for-remedial-courses/article_b443e028-609a-11df-a2ef-001cc4c002e0.html

So we can assume that the teachers union is grading on a significant curve, while also forcing unqualified students upward? That's what it sounds like. From my own personal experiences, I've talked to students with supposed sterling academic credentials and they were vapid idiots.

Root
07-31-2013, 12:48 PM
Obviously it's time to lower the bar or we run the risk of looking like we're doing something wrong.:rolleyes:
Already in process. This is happening in other municipalities as well.

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/2012/08/bayonne_school_district_lowers.html