PDA

View Full Version : Huckabee...

MadViking10
11-27-2007, 05:23 PM
Is now IMHO the biggest threat to Ron Pauls chances in 2008. The MSM is talking about him non-stop today. His supporters are finally donating large amounts of money. If something HUGE doesn't happen really soon HE, not Ron Paul will get the GOP nod. :mad:

AlexMerced
11-27-2007, 05:25 PM
lol, I implied this would happen earlier in the Ras Daily Poll topic, polls get you attention, and he's in third place which is News... we need to hit 10% and we'll get a lot more coverage.

Lord Xar
11-27-2007, 05:25 PM
no.. he won't. He HAS SO MUCH BAGGAGE.. Almost as bad as hillary.... they are grooming him for a VP for the GHOUL.

Adamsa
11-27-2007, 05:27 PM
The only purpose Huckabee winning Iowa would have is giving Giuliani breathing space.

MadViking10
11-27-2007, 05:27 PM
no.. he won't. He HAS SO MUCH BAGGAGE.. Almost as bad as hillary.... they are grooming him for a VP for the GHOUL.
Its only baggage if the MSM talk about it. I havent heard them say a single negative thing about him ever.

MadViking10
11-27-2007, 05:28 PM
lol, I implied this would happen earlier in the Ras Daily Poll topic, polls get you attention, and he's in third place which is News... we need to hit 10% and we'll get a lot more coverage.

Thats why I asked in another thread. Is Ron Paul even a choice in these polls?

fourameuphoria
11-27-2007, 05:30 PM
If he wins in Iowa, wouldn't it damage Romney and Giuliani, giving Ron an open window in NH?

njandrewg
11-27-2007, 05:30 PM
I'm not that worried about him

a) he is not exactly electable in the general election...horrible name, no money, independents will run for the hills at the mere mention of him pushing his religious views on people
b) he is not electable in the primaries, because of his pro-immigration and horrible fiscal record. Right now he is running on hype, just like Thompson when people start looking into his record they'll run for the hills. + him being a threat means attack ads against him
c) Thats right he is doing well in the polls, but thats because he's been talked about non-stop for the past 5 months as the next Fred Thompson

Is it worrisome that he is running 2nd in a few states? Sure why not...but he has no cash to put up a real campaign, and to our advantage he is splitting the pro-war vote even further. And he lacks the credential to appeal to anyone except to the religious right

+ feel free to look towards to Romney wasting even more cash attacking Huckabee

BLS
11-27-2007, 05:31 PM
It's all a big conspiracy. NOBODY talked about Huck until RP started winning straw polls and then took in 4.3 mill.

Then it was all about Huckabee.

It's posturing from the big media. They know that neither Ghouliani nor Romney has any chance. They don't want Paul, so they resort to jamming their last chance (Huckster) down everyone's throat.

It doesn't matter who it is...as long as it's not Paul.
Huckabee can't get even CLOSE to the money we'll raise.
It's an uphill fight. We are against EVERYONE.........EVERYONE.

Once we all realize that we are purposely being slandered, fought, and dismissed, the sooner we will all realize that handing out slim jims, signing up as delegates, etc is necessary in order to win this fight.

It's not going to happen magically. Just my .02

AlexMerced
true, it's been documented Zogby ignores paul on may occasions, The rasmussen polls are tracking him daily now so he must be on those.

The Blimp just might save us after all...

Menthol Patch
Huckabee is not a threat at all. Quite frankly, no true liberty loving person can support him.

1) He supports the War in Iraq and would support an expansion of it to Iran.

2) He supports the Patriot Act and other legislation that violates our rights.

3) He is a HIGH TAXER! He does not want to eliminate the IRS. He just wants to REPLACE it with a HUGE 23% sales tax!

4) He is a prohibitionist and wants the war on drugs to continue. He also wants to ban cigarettes!

Huckabee is nothing but a big government neo-con!

By the way, we have raised almost FOUR TIMES as much as him this quarter! On the 30th we will have raised MORE than four times as his total! At the Tea Party we will raise ten million dollars and have raised EIGHT TIMES his total!

Lets stop talking about Huckabee and focus on supporting Ron Paul!

Adamsa
If he wins in Iowa, wouldn't it damage Romney and Giuliani, giving Ron an open window in NH?

Not really, it'd be a much bigger chance for Giuliani than Ron.

Micahyah
11-27-2007, 05:32 PM
we need to ohit double digits in polls

MadViking10
11-27-2007, 05:40 PM
Huckabee is not a threat at all. Quite frankly, no true liberty loving person can support him.

1) He supports the War in Iraq and would support an expansion of it to Iran.

2) He supports the Patriot Act and other legislation that violates our rights.

3) He is a HIGH TAXER! He does not want to eliminate the IRS. He just wants to REPLACE it with a HUGE 23% sales tax!

4) He is a prohibitionist and wants the war on drugs to continue. He also wants to ban cigarettes!

Huckabee is nothing but a big government neo-con!

By the way, we have raised almost FOUR TIMES as much as him this quarter! On the 30th we will have raised MORE than four times as his total! At the Tea Party we will raise ten million dollars and have raised EIGHT TIMES his total!

Lets stop talking about Huckabee and focus on supporting Ron Paul!

Hey, I'm all about Ron Paul but saying that we shouldn't talk about the other candidates is stupid.

This guy has gone from ZERO to 44% in four MONTHS.

11/26/2007
7/14/2007
5/17/2007

Clinton
39%
N/A
N/A

Huckabee
44%
N/A
N/A

He is at least showing some real money coming in now.. He beat us yesterday and looks to be doing well today.

http://ronpaulgraphs.com/rp_vs_huck_today.html

I'm not from the ignore them and they will go away camp anymore. Thats why the country is in the current mess it is in. I do however thank you for your post as at least you gave some awesome talking points to combat the lie that is Huckabee.

Menthol Patch
11-27-2007, 05:42 PM
Hey, I'm all about Ron Paul but saying that we shouldn't talk about the other candidates is stupid.

11/26/2007
7/14/2007
5/17/2007

Clinton
39%
N/A
N/A

Huckabee
44%
N/A
N/A

He is at least showing some real money coming in now.. He beat us yesterday and looks to be doing well today.

I'm not from the ignore them and they will go away camp anymore. Thats why the country is in the current mess it is in. I do however thank you for your post as at least you gave some awesome talking points to combat the lie that is Huckabee.

How have we gotten where we are right now?

By focusing on Ron Paul and not other candidates.

We will win if we keep focusing on Ron Paul.

BLS
11-27-2007, 05:43 PM

11/26/2007
7/14/2007
5/17/2007

Clinton
39%
N/A
N/A

Huckabee
44%
N/A
N/A

Hi Troll. :rolleyes:

AlexMerced
11-27-2007, 05:44 PM
Huckabee is the results of Foxs pandering, they really made an effort to put him where he is

ronpaulfan
11-27-2007, 05:45 PM

+1

Energy
11-27-2007, 05:45 PM
Polls are tools of propaganda and distraction. Rise above it and focus on promoting Ron Paul.

MadViking10
11-27-2007, 05:46 PM

Troll? :mad:

ronpaulfan
11-27-2007, 05:46 PM
Everybody is a troll.

ronpaulfan
11-27-2007, 05:48 PM
Everybody is a troll.

The only person I know 100% is NOT a troll is.....Ron Paul :p

Menthol Patch
11-27-2007, 05:48 PM
+1

Yes, he is an obvious troll.

However, he is not going to fool any of us.

We know good and well that Huckabee is a warmongering big government prohibitionist high taxer!

tsetsefly
11-27-2007, 05:49 PM
Huckabee is nothing but an MSM fabrication he has no shot to win the general election and now that boht giuliani and romney start focusing on his record his hypocritical record will come to light, but I dont think it will matter to christians as long as someone is a christian it does not matter what he does when it comes to immigration, taxes etc. as with the rest of the people it will matter...

MadViking10
11-27-2007, 05:50 PM
Yes, he is an obvious troll.

However, he is not going to fool any of us.

We know good and well that Huckabee is a warmongering big government prohibitionist high taxer!

So If I give you positive proof that I am far from a troll will you donate $50 to Ron Paul today and prove that you did so?

AlexMerced
11-27-2007, 05:50 PM
Trolls are people too, j/k,

http://bgsu.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=34813435&l=dc6b3&id=20901846

Menthol Patch
11-27-2007, 05:52 PM
The only reason the powers that be are propping Huckabee up right now by mentioning him on TV so much is to try and distract people from learning about Ron Paul.

However, the fact is they can't hide the truth about Ron Paul. His campaign is growing and NOTHING will be able to stop it!

BLS
11-27-2007, 05:52 PM
So If I give you positive proof that I am far from a troll will you donate $50 to Ron Paul today and prove that you did so?

Sure,..only if you do as well.

MadViking10
11-27-2007, 05:55 PM
Sure,..only if you do as well.
I cant donate today as I spent over a hundred on banner materials on Sunday. I can prove that my meetup had a banner making meeting on Sunday ? :)

AlexMerced
11-27-2007, 05:55 PM
The only reason the powers that be are propping Huckabee up right now by mentioning him on TV so much is to try and distract people from learning about Ron Paul.

However, the fact is they can't hide the truth about Ron Paul. His campaign is growing and NOTHING will be able to stop it!

agreed, what we need is a Ron Paul tank to defend the Ron Paul Blimp

quickmike
11-27-2007, 05:56 PM

a) he is not exactly electable in the general election...horrible name, no money, independents will run for the hills at the mere mention of him pushing his religious views on people
b) he is not electable in the primaries, because of his pro-immigration and horrible fiscal record. Right now he is running on hype, just like Thompson when people start looking into his record they'll run for the hills. + him being a threat means attack ads against him
c) Thats right he is doing well in the polls, but thats because he's been talked about non-stop for the past 5 months as the next Fred Thompson

Is it worrisome that he is running 2nd in a few states? Sure why not...but he has no cash to put up a real campaign, and to our advantage he is splitting the pro-war vote even further. And he lacks the credential to appeal to anyone except to the religious right

well said.

I couldnt agree more.

Hucks fundraising is a joke. If he really had the support they say he has, he would be doing WAY better than he is. Polls lie, fundraising doesnt.

Its called putting your money where your mouth is.

MadViking10
11-27-2007, 05:59 PM
agreed, what we need is a Ron Paul tank to defend the Ron Paul Blimp

How about a couple jets too?

AlexMerced
11-27-2007, 06:01 PM
sounds good, we can get RP to fly the jets

rpfreedom08
11-27-2007, 06:03 PM
he's been at 1.1 to 1.3 million for the past week or so I don't think he has the supporters they say. It's B.S. and for a preacher he is caught up in one big ass lie! I don't like him at all.

Mckarnin
11-27-2007, 06:14 PM
Is now IMHO the biggest threat to Ron Pauls chances in 2008. The MSM is talking about him non-stop today. His supporters are finally donating large amounts of money. If something HUGE doesn't happen really soon HE, not Ron Paul will get the GOP nod. :mad:

This is syndicated and was in my Pittsburgh paper today. Very interesting insights into Huckabee.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/tribunereview/search/s_539808.html

tsetsefly
11-27-2007, 06:20 PM

Very good points on b and c. I remember Fred Thomson even winning polls before he announced he was running once he announced he was running and his record was expose and his personality( or lack off) showed in debates his "support" dissapeared, right now the republican base doesnt find anyone to support so when romney and giuliani dont cut it they go to an "unknown" huckabee but once his record is exposed his numbers will go down...

JAYCEE
11-27-2007, 07:10 PM
The republican candidate will most likely be decided in NH. NH is our strong state.

RP is doing well but he needs us all to donate money.

jn0117
11-27-2007, 07:32 PM
I have written a short essay on why people should support Ron paul over mike huckabee.
Pass on the link.

http://thegoodargument.com/2007/11/27/why-i-support-ron-paul-over-mike-huckabee/

fcofer
11-27-2007, 09:07 PM
Hey, I'm all about Ron Paul but saying that we shouldn't talk about the other candidates is stupid. . .

. . .I'm not from the ignore them and they will go away camp anymore. Thats why the country is in the current mess it is in. I do however thank you for your post as at least you gave some awesome talking points to combat the lie that is Huckabee.

I'm more than a little irritated at the posters who called MadViking a troll on the strength of this comment. I hope that you guys were joking.

I also worry about Huckabee. I don't think that he's going to be a one-state wonder. I'm from the South, and I can see him catching on quickly.

Yes, it's absolutely true that you can't be a Huckabee supporter and also love liberty. But there's a large chunk of voters whose political sense is a mixture of apathy and ignorance, and many of them are comforted by Huckabee. They can be converted, but it's difficult. Sadly, many of them are not issue voters. They like to vote for a persona, and the Huckster has that perfect Southern "aw shucks" preacher act for attracting these voters.

I, for one, like to read threads here in General Politics about Huckabee. I don't have time to read his forums or watch for him in the news, so it is a great help to me when someone summarizes what's going on with his campaign. I feel that, in my geographical area, he may well become the strongest competitor, so I think that it's important to stay up-to-date.

Those of you in New Hampshire, etc., who have no need to worry about the Huckster, don't have to click on these threads.