PDA

View Full Version : Concern about no pac

ssforronpaul
11-27-2007, 05:20 PM
I am extremely concerned that there is not a Political Action Committee formed to pay for this blimp. I have never been involved in national elections, but in local elections in Ohio and a PAC must be formed to support a candidate. There is no way that money can be gathered to promote Ron Paul, without a PAC. I am involved in local government and have been involved in non-profits. Our treasurer, after meeting with state regulators at a state meeting for treasures about non-profits and PACs, was explicit that if we began to show public support for an individual running for public office we needed to form a PAC, which would have cost us more than we could afford and have many more regulations.

I originally found this idea of a blimp very intriguing, but now am worried that this may be a scam. I would like the leaders to answer many of the questions that have been raised? This can't be legal without a PAC. If a blimp is rented for a month then Ron Paul for President will not be able to be placed on it.

Please do not donate until these questions have been answered.

ss

jenninlouisiana
11-27-2007, 05:25 PM
http://www.fec.gov/pdf/nongui.pdf

Any money collected on the internet over 1,000 is subjected to FEC laws and, yes, a PAC has to be formed.

I have to take down my chipin because of this...

The blimp people can get in serious trouble, including fines......

wisconsinite
11-27-2007, 05:26 PM
Everyone needs to chill out.

Elijah said he would explain everything soon, so I think we need to be patient and wait for him to do so.

In the meantime, you don't have to worry about getting scammed out of your money because nobody's even collecting anything yet. It's just pledges. Relax.

Gugnico
11-27-2007, 09:13 PM
At first I thought the blimp was a nutty idea. I still do. But now the media has actually caught on, so I just had to pledge! I've always loved blimps...

Waiting for a PAC before we pay is smart, thanks for that advice.