PDA

View Full Version : McConnell Campaign is Worried About Bevin

AuH20
07-29-2013, 11:59 AM
Down with Jesse and Mitch!!!! Per EE

http://www.redstate.com/2013/07/28/mitch-mcconnell-thinks-matt-bevin-is-a-more-serious-contender-than-he-originally-let-on/

Taylor Bumgardner, the Regional Field Director for the Republican Party of Kentucky, sent out a “Team Mitch” endorsement form on Saturday as an attachment to this email:

I am contacting you because I am asking all County Chairs and Vice Chairs to fill out an endorsement form for Senator McConnell’s reelection campaign. We are looking to build a strong list of GOP leaders across the state who are openly supportive of the Senator. If you are willing, please fill out the attached form and return it by fax or mail to the address on the bottom of the form.

I would greatly appreciate your support. Please let me know if you have questions.

If they thought Matt Bevin was an amateur challenge, they wouldn’t be rushing to do this.

ObiRandKenobi
07-29-2013, 01:31 PM
awkward for rand.

Sola_Fide
07-29-2013, 01:37 PM
awkward for rand.

Shameful for Rand and Thomas. I love Thomas, and I like Rand...but it is shameful for both of them.

AuH20
07-29-2013, 01:38 PM
Shameful for Rand and Thomas. I love Thomas, and I like Rand...but it is shameful for both of them.

They made a Faustian deal with Mitch, that seemed logical at the time.

Batman
07-29-2013, 01:40 PM
I agree. I don't think they saw this coming. It would be in bad taste to pull an about-face.

ctiger2
07-29-2013, 01:50 PM
It would be in bad taste to pull an about-face.

I disagree. I'd love to see them shit all over the Mitch. I'd donate to each of them that same day.

Brian4Liberty
07-29-2013, 01:52 PM

Well, they did it before Bevin joined the race. It's forgivable.

But if they actively engage in any attacks or smears on Bevin, then it would be bad.

Sola_Fide
07-29-2013, 01:57 PM
Well, they did it before Bevin joined the race. It's forgivable.

But if they actively engage in any attacks or smears on Bevin, then it would be bad.

I hate to inform everyone, but Thomas and Rand have been "neutral"..meaning "for".. McConnell since the beginning. When Benton signed on, that is when both Rand and Thomas began to stop criticizing McConnell. Everyone in Kentucky knows this.

HOLLYWOOD
07-29-2013, 01:58 PM
Never forget, Mitch McConnell ran the establishment's money campaign against Rand. Only after Rand won the primary, Mitch said glad to meet you.

McConnell started his Washington DC political career in 1967, the national debt was $326 Billion!

He's been in Washington DC longer than many of it's national monuments

07-29-2013, 02:12 PM
This isn't a battle worth fighting. Look at who would be minority leader or even majority leader if the elections go well in 2014. It's better off to have the GOP leader in the senate endorsing and campaigning for Rand in 2016 than pissed and doing all he can to ruin his campaign.

RonPaulFanInGA
07-29-2013, 02:14 PM

God are you sanctimonious.

AuH20
07-29-2013, 02:15 PM
This isn't a battle worth fighting. Look at who would be minority leader or even majority leader if the elections go well in 2014. It's better off to have the GOP leader in the senate endorsing and campaigning for Rand in 2016 than pissed and doing all he can to ruin his campaign.

But Mitch has many sins to attone for. Go look at his record. I say get rid of him.

Sola_Fide
07-29-2013, 02:16 PM
God are you sanctimonious.

Do you agree or disagree?

TheTyke
07-29-2013, 03:03 PM
This race is important, but this is one senator at stake. Rand has a much higher role to play. The presidency is a critical goal because we won't be able to elect senators and representatives fast enough without his "wave effect" bringing people into congress with him and changing Congress into going along with him.

Make no mistake - this race is win-win, Bevin is an amazing candidate, and the grassroots will do what they can. But the worst thing that can come out of it is allowing people to use it divide us against Rand and our allies. We need to vigorously challenge any who would do that, and make sure it doesn't succeed. As a Kentucky grassroots activist, I support both Rand Paul and Matt Bevin. They are the best people for the jobs.

And yes, it's funny to see the establishment in panic mode. They're not prepared for serious primaries, lol. :)

07-29-2013, 04:14 PM
But Mitch has many sins to attone for. Go look at his record. I say get rid of him.

I know his record. But he goes with the wind. Just look at his current support of Rand. If the winds are blowing this way McConnell will follow. He could be useful.

TheTyke
07-29-2013, 06:32 PM
I know his record. But he goes with the wind. Just look at his current support of Rand. If the winds are blowing this way McConnell will follow. He could be useful.

Perhaps... that didn't stop him from voting to kill Rand's amendment to stop us from sending tanks and f-16s to Egypt to use against their people. And Madison Project and the rumblings I hear indicate that even when he votes with us to look good for election, his influence is used behind the scenes to make sure we don't actually win. I'm pretty convinced he's a political snake, not an ally.

Batman
07-29-2013, 07:33 PM
Best thing would be for Ron to endorse to Bevin. Maybe even get a DeMint endorsement.

brandon
07-29-2013, 07:40 PM
Have there been any public polls? I doubt McConnell is too worried, this is probably just standard political preemption. Benton also probably needs to do something to justify the 6 figure salary he's raking in...

Batman
07-29-2013, 07:45 PM
McConnell 59 to Bevin 19. But Bevin has no name recognition. He's practically where Rand was at when he first entered the race. The old fish is worried.

AuH20
07-29-2013, 07:46 PM
McConnell 59 to Bevin 19. But Bevin has no name recognition. He's practically where Rand was at when he first entered the race. The old fish is worried.

And ads against McConnell basically write themselves. There are several chapters of this stuff to utilize.

Batman
07-29-2013, 07:57 PM
I say we organize a fat moneybomb for Bevin just to show some support.

ican'tvote
07-29-2013, 08:12 PM
I checked out his website and he looks pretty good. If he wins he will probably be better than Lee/Cruz. I hope that Rand can stay neutral in this (I know he already endorsed McConnell). I understand the argument that the next minority leader will be worse, but I think, long-term, it will be better to have Bevin in the Senate than McConnell.

If Bevin can make a strong showing, it could push Mitch more in our direction. There are lots of ways this race can help us.

Batman
07-29-2013, 08:31 PM
If I'm not mistaken, the Minority Leader is an elected position.

ican'tvote
07-29-2013, 08:41 PM
If I'm not mistaken, the Minority Leader is an elected position.
I believe you're right, but the type of senator who becomes a leader in the Senate is almost always very establishment. They would be just as bad as Mitch McConnell, minus Rand's influence.

fr33
07-29-2013, 08:49 PM
Boy I'd sure like to see McConnell and Benton lose.