PDA

View Full Version : Whitehead on Huckabee discusses Police State >video<

JK/SEA
07-29-2013, 11:54 AM
the fact this story made it on a cable show, shocked me. This was a few days ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwCFCMNF8FI

[mod edit] full interview:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lx_AQJJuc5E

BetterCallSaul
07-29-2013, 12:03 PM
It's a Doublethink exercise- Fox puts it on the news because they are confident that their audience will not make the leap to thinking, "the police are bad." All they will absorb from this video is, "I am terrified of the police."

JK/SEA
07-29-2013, 12:05 PM
It's a Doublethink exercise- Fox puts it on the news because they are confident that their audience will not make the leap to thinking, "the police are bad." All they will absorb from this video is, "I am terrified of the police."

each journey begins with one step.

Cap
07-29-2013, 12:05 PM
Excellent video! Even better, it was on Faux news. Maybe, just maybe some people will start to wake up.

BetterCallSaul
07-29-2013, 12:08 PM
Huckabee ends the segment with questions and the promise of solutions- the viewer then enters the ad-time in a state of tension and distress because of the preceding information.

Then he watches 3 minutes of commercials for boner pills, gold investments, more TV, and trucks, and the mind clings to those as the solution. The tension is already resolved and dissipated by the time Huckabee reappears.

It's a tired and old gimmicky trick that the advetising agency has been using overtly since at least the 50s.

JK/SEA
07-29-2013, 12:11 PM
Huckabee ends the segment with questions and the promise of solutions- the viewer then enters the ad-time in a state of tension and distress because of the preceding information.

Then he watches 3 minutes of commercials for boner pills, gold investments, more TV, and trucks, and the mind clings to those as the solution. The tension is already resolved and dissipated by the time Huckabee reappears.

It's a tired and old gimmicky trick that the advetising agency has been using overtly since at least the 50s.

so you think it would have been better to not air this story then.....

i don't.

BetterCallSaul
07-29-2013, 03:12 PM
No I think that it was done because the internet is afire with such stories, and editors and network executives very reluctantly consented, only after neutralizing its potential with tired madison avenue malarky

Murray N Rothbard
07-29-2013, 05:52 PM
Maybe the neocons have lost their military-fetish and finally decided to stop worshiping The State.

lol jk.

:(

Right Wing
07-30-2013, 01:24 AM
Yeah, I couldn't believe this was on Huckabee's show. It's a great video and I can't wait to get this book.

Right Wing
07-30-2013, 01:24 AM
Maybe the neocons have lost their military-fetish and finally decided to stop worshiping The State.

lol jk.

:(

Wishful thinking.

jct74
07-31-2013, 03:47 PM
here's the complete interview with part 2 included, this was a really good discussion!

Pericles
07-31-2013, 09:11 PM
The fact that the story gets covered is a win. It indicates that the issue is too big to ignore.

BetterCallSaul
07-31-2013, 10:03 PM
But there is another issue, unaddressed but implicitly raised by the existing segment.*

Here is this presidential candidate and respectable frowning and furrowing father figure, saying in so many words- you are not safe from law enforcement. In an unchallenged trajectory, they have behaved in an observable and worsening trend. They will now just kill your pets for the fuck of it. They don't even need a court to give them the go-ahead, they'll grenade your wife in the middle of the night. They bought all this ammo, and every letters that you can think of associated with a government entity- they all have their own such men.

Anything about a solution? Any mention of anyone that successfully resisted such forces? It's a nay-sayer pre-empting your impulse to resist with threats of a very grave fate should you dare a fist. Kinda like how Alex Jones functions.

*Let's pretend that the viewing audience are not subhuman dullards with a slavering canine level of awareness, and say for the sake of argument that all of the implications and hints are also evident to him, even if only unconsciously.

tod evans
08-01-2013, 03:47 AM
I'm afraid this whole discussion misses the mark.

Ol' Huck chose to focus on the actions and not the cause.

Laws that permit and encourage this behavior are drafted daily, courts uphold these laws and excuse unconscionable behavior every day.

Focusing on the double-digiters in black costumes excuses those who must be held accountable, those in suits and black robes.

The solution as I see it is to drag politicians/judges and lobbyists into the street, screaming and kicking, and to publically extract vengeance for every life they've ruined

Cap
08-01-2013, 06:28 AM
I'm afraid this whole discussion misses the mark.

Ol' Huck chose to focus on the actions and not the cause.

Laws that permit and encourage this behavior are drafted daily, courts uphold these laws and excuse unconscionable behavior every day.

Focusing on the double-digiters in black costumes excuses those who must be held accountable, those in suits and black robes.

The solution as I see it is to drag politicians/judges and lobbyists into the street, screaming and kicking, and to publically extract vengeance for every life they've ruinedI'm outa rep.