PDA

View Full Version : Audio: Ted Cruz won't say Chris Christie was "wrong" to attack Rand Paul

ObiRandKenobi
07-29-2013, 11:36 AM
his plan to invade syria thing was bad, but this is the last straw!

Tarantula: So, do you think he's wrong?

Cruz: I, uh, I think he's entitled to his opinion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMY5AX9SlRo

h/t MP (http://www.mofopolitics.com/2013/07/29/ted-cruz-wont-say-chris-christie-was-wrong-to-attack-rand-paul/)

Superfly
07-29-2013, 12:20 PM
*Shrugs*

The other parts of the interview were pretty good and I never got the feeling Cruz is fond of Christie. More that he wing to semi-stay out of it.

Didn't particularly offend me. Sorry.

AuH20
07-29-2013, 12:21 PM
*Shrugs*

The other parts of the interview were pretty good and I never got the feeling Cruz is fond of Christie. More that he wing to semi-stay out of it.

Didn't particularly offend me. Sorry.

Cruz is taking the 11th commandment route.

LibertyEagle
07-29-2013, 12:22 PM
Well, I agree with you. I will tell you though that I just called his office and his staff assured me that he does back Rand on this. I know, I know, it's not good enough for me, either. But, I could tell the guy I talked to believed it, because he and I have talked about Cruz's desire to go to Syria and he doesn't like that either.

Christian Liberty
07-29-2013, 12:22 PM
What's the 11th commandment route?

If this was Cruz's only flaw, it wouldn't bother me. That its one of many does.

eduardo89
07-29-2013, 12:23 PM
“I am proud to stand side by side with Rand Paul. He and I have been fighting over and over and over again in the Senate to defend our constitutional liberties,” said Cruz. “I’ll say this — some of this tiff, Governor Christie is entitled to his views, he’s entitled to express his views, I think most Americans don’t care about politicians bickering in Washington. They don’t care about egos and the battles that will happen in the beltway. What they’re interested in is solving the problems that we’ve got here.”

http://www.buzzfeed.com/andrewkaczynski/ted-cruz-on-christie-paul-feud-im-proud-to-stand-with-rand

LibertyEagle
Cruz is taking the 11th commandment route.

Sorry, that doesn't work in this instance. All he had to say was NO. No one said that it was mandatory for him to expand and call Christie an overblown Trotskyite whose policies more closely resemble the USSR when they were invading and overthrowing sovereign governments, than anything even remotely close to the Constitution and our founding principles.

Christian Liberty
Well, I agree with you. I will tell you though that I just called his office and his staff assured me that he does back Rand on this. I know, I know, it's not good enough for me, either. But, I could tell the guy I talked to believed it, because he and I have talked about Cruz's desire to go to Syria and he doesn't like that either.

Wait, so do Cruz's staff speak for Cruz or not?

Are you a Cruz supporter?

eduardo89
What's the 11th commandment route?

If this was Cruz's only flaw, it wouldn't bother me. That its one of many does.

To not attack other republicans.

Cruz is awesome, I really am glad he's in the senate and if he ran for president and Rand didn't, I'd support him 100%.

Christian Liberty
07-29-2013, 12:26 PM
I'd never, ever vote for Cruz. Under any circumstance.

Sola_Fide
07-29-2013, 12:27 PM

Cruz is awesome, I really am glad he's in the senate and if he ran for president and Rand didn't, I'd support him 100%.

Then you arent a Ron Paulian.

LibertyEagle
07-29-2013, 12:28 PM
Wait, so do Cruz's staff speak for Cruz or not?
Apparently they aren't required to agree with him.

Are you a Cruz supporter?
Sorry, it is not a binary answer. I already explained this to you much more than I should have had to, in either this thread or another. I don't care to do it again. Go read it.

LibertyEagle
07-29-2013, 12:29 PM

That is a rather idiotic stance, given that BOTH Ron and Rand endorsed him for Senate and the person he was running against was a proven big government POS.

Superfly
07-29-2013, 12:29 PM
There are definitely things that have angered me about Cruz. This isn't one of them. It was like a 90% defense of Rand and 10% trying to stay out of it.

I'll wait for something bigger to get worked up about it.

AlexAmore
07-29-2013, 12:30 PM
I take "He's entitled to his views" as even more of a brush off than "He's wrong." Ted is marginalizing him. You only attack up.

I don't trust Ted all that much, but that's what I got from this.

LibertyEagle
07-29-2013, 12:30 PM

I recommend caution. His wife has an executive position at Goldman Sachs and Cruz started a PAC that is run by a Bush. He is much too cozy with the Bush family for my taste. Just keep your eyes open.

eduardo89
07-29-2013, 12:39 PM
I recommend caution. His wife has an executive position at Goldman Sachs and Cruz started a PAC that is run by a Bush. He is much too cozy with the Bush family for my taste. Just keep your eyes open.

His wife's job does not bother me one bit.

juleswin
07-29-2013, 12:48 PM

I see posts like this and I just lose hope in this so called movement. I hope to god that views like yours are the far outliers and only 1 or 2 people hold it. So what if its between Cruz and Dick Cheney? or Hillary Clinton? are you to tell me that you wouldn't vote for Cruz because he only backed Rand 90% of the way?

Don't get me wrong, I have my reservations with Cruz all with his war with Syria stance and all but if you cannot see that Cruz is significantly better than the establishment rep or dem then I am sorry for you.

CaptUSA
07-29-2013, 12:54 PM
Then you arent a Ron Paulian.Ah, yes... More division. That's what this movement really needs. Oh, and more purity tests! IIRC, Ron Paul endorsed Cruz.

In fact, the "entitled to his views" line is a pretty good individualistic comment. I much prefer this tactic to the "you're either with us or with them" tactic.

Christian Liberty
07-29-2013, 12:58 PM

As was pointed out, Ron Paul endorsed Cruz. I just disagree with Ron Paul.

Apparently they aren't required to agree with him.

OK.

Sorry, it is not a binary answer. I already explained this to you much more than I should have had to, in either this thread or another. I don't care to do it again. Go read it.

It was another thread. And I posted my comment before you posted yours.

That is a rather idiotic stance, given that BOTH Ron and Rand endorsed him for Senate and the person he was running against was a proven big government POS.

I'd have voted third party, or otherwise wrote in a name.

I see posts like this and I just lose hope in this so called movement. I hope to god that views like yours are the far outliers and only 1 or 2 people hold it. So what if its between Cruz and Dick Cheney? or Hillary Clinton? are you to tell me that you wouldn't vote for Cruz because he only backed Rand 90% of the way?

Not because of his stances as compared with Rand's. Rand Paul isn't perfect either. But because Cruz is not part of the liberty movement.

And no, I'd either vote third party or not vote in the case you describe above.

Don't get me wrong, I have my reservations with Cruz all with his war with Syria stance and all but if you cannot see that Cruz is significantly better than the establishment rep or dem then I am sorry for you.

Not good enough to get me to sacrifice my principles.

This is literally the same scaremongering I get from my Romney supporting family about how, even if they had reservations with Romney, he was obviously so much better than Obama.

Although, I'd probably vote for Cruz over Cotton if it came down to that. But that's because I pretty much view Cotton as Adolf Hitler.

jtstellar
07-29-2013, 01:15 PM
you, can, not, get, singled, out, by, the, wolf, pack, period.

the fact he is willing to put out quotes like these makes him invaluable to rand

“I am proud to stand side by side with Rand Paul. He and I have been fighting over and over and over again in the Senate to defend our constitutional liberties,” said Cruz. “I’ll say this — some of this tiff, Governor Christie is entitled to his views, he’s entitled to express his views, I think most Americans don’t care about politicians bickering in Washington. They don’t care about egos and the battles that will happen in the beltway. What they’re interested in is solving the problems that we’ve got here.”

if you spread out the surface area-contact in your attack engagement, you are less likely to receive a fatal blow. the fact ted cruz is there, his mere physical presence, makes him invaluable. the moment neocon lumped rand paul and ted cruz together and attacked them both, their entire establish went down hill, and every conservative defended them both while mentioning their names side by side. it also gives rand's supporters a much easier time defending him

BuddyRey
07-29-2013, 01:21 PM
As a "libertarian purist" who has issues with Cruz myself, I still have to defend him here, because all he really said is that Christie is entitled to his opinion. That doesn't sound like him selling out Rand, but just trying to be diplomatic.

AlexAmore
07-29-2013, 01:31 PM
you, can, not, get, singled, out, by, the, wolf, pack, period.

the fact he is willing to put out quotes like these makes him invaluable to rand

if you spread out the surface area-contact in your attack engagement, you are less likely to receive a fatal blow. the fact ted cruz is there, his mere physical presence, makes him invaluable. the moment neocon lumped rand paul and ted cruz together and attacked them both, their entire establish went down hill, and every conservative defended them both while mentioning their names side by side. it also gives rand's supporters a much easier time defending him

As someone who is skeptical of Ted, I agree. You make an excellent point.

LibertyEagle
07-29-2013, 01:32 PM
I'd have voted third party, or otherwise wrote in a name.

And no, I'd either vote third party or not vote in the case you describe above.
And in that case, I think you would have been wrong. Because the alternative makes Cruz looks like a saint.

Not good enough to get me to sacrifice my principles.
It's called logic. It does not require one to sacrifice his/her principles.

This is literally the same scaremongering I get from my Romney supporting family about how, even if they had reservations with Romney, he was obviously so much better than Obama.

Although, I'd probably vote for Cruz over Cotton if it came down to that. But that's because I pretty much view Cotton as Adolf Hitler.
There you go, sacrificing your principles. :p

You seem to claim up above that to vote for someone who doesn't pass your purity test is somehow dishonorable, but here you say that you'd do it. I think perhaps you need to think about a few things, eh?

rich34
07-29-2013, 01:39 PM

This x10!!!!! The man is an establishment snake who's sole purpose is to siphon votes away from Rand...

Origanalist
07-29-2013, 01:49 PM
Ah, yes... More division. That's what this movement really needs. Oh, and more purity tests! IIRC, Ron Paul endorsed Cruz.

In fact, the "entitled to his views" line is a pretty good individualistic comment. I much prefer this tactic to the "you're either with us or with them" tactic.

PURITY I SAY!!! (slamming table)

John Taylor
07-29-2013, 02:28 PM

Oh for God's sake. Easy with the Riot Act.

John Taylor
07-29-2013, 02:28 PM

Oh for God's sake. Easy with the Riot Act.

libertarian101
07-29-2013, 03:14 PM
God bless Ted Cruz for not leaving Rand isolated. One of the thing that Rand does that frustrate me sometime is that, Ted almost always stands with Rand and pays homage to him when he speak on public but Rand always want to keep all the credit to himself and don't give Ted a shout-out knowing he gets much more interviews and public speaking event than Ted. If Rand don't want to be lonely, he should appreciate Ted a bit more and as wingman should cover his back when he gets attacked.

libertarian101
07-29-2013, 03:22 PM
His wife works for Goldman Sachs, my god so what? some people are pathetic

AlexAmore
07-29-2013, 03:23 PM
God bless Ted Cruz for not leaving Rand isolated. One of the thing that Rand does that frustrate me sometime is that, Ted almost always stands with Rand and pays homage to him when he speak on public but Rand always want to keep all the credit to himself and don't give Ted a shout-out knowing he gets much more interviews and public speaking event than Ted. If Rand don't want to be lonely, he should appreciate Ted a bit more and as wingman should cover his back when he gets attacked.

Rand Paul is giving Ted Cruz strong Tea Party cred much like McConnell.

roho76
07-29-2013, 03:59 PM
I can't blame the guy for not wanting to take sides in this matter. It's between Rand and Christie. He should stay out of it. Anybody who engages in this type of behavior looses my vote, period. This is what I loved a out Ron. He didn't need to attack you personally, but would attack your policies which is even worse in my opinion.

jtstellar
07-29-2013, 06:17 PM
As someone who is skeptical of Ted, I agree. You make an excellent point.

reminds me of the the colosseum theme in gladiator

His wife works for Goldman Sachs, my god so what? some people are pathetic

almost every senator or congressman's outside cousin and their aunts work as advisor for some major industry nowadays..

unless you actively prevent it with some sort of family code explicitly prohibiting your family members from doing so, and i suspect such rule exists in the paul family banning anyone having their hands remotely near any taxpayer's pocket.

the point is even goldman sachs might be the actual pre-emptive side here. they may have hired ted cruz's wife thinking they can gain access to him some day, or they're just doing it in the hopes of such. if so, it would be quite different from his wife going to them. but of course it's nowhere near the standard of the paul family, where any grandson or daughter deciding to do so is likely to get a stern lecture from ron and rand.

Christian Liberty
07-29-2013, 06:59 PM
There you go, sacrificing your principles. :p

Lol.

You seem to claim up above that to vote for someone who doesn't pass your purity test is somehow dishonorable, but here you say that you'd do it. I think perhaps you need to think about a few things, eh?[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure if I'd actually do that, I'd have to think about it depending on how close the election was. But then, I'd vote for Kim Jong Il over Cotton as well. Not exactly good company to have.

eduardo89
07-29-2013, 07:01 PM
But then, I'd vote for Kim Jong Il over Cotton as well. Not exactly good company to have.

This is why it is almost impossible to take you seriously.

Christian Liberty
07-29-2013, 07:03 PM

They both support punishing the families of criminals against the state. But Kim Jong Il is more responsible on foreign policy. He hasn't engaged in any preemptive wars. He's also dead:p

eduardo89
07-29-2013, 07:11 PM
They both support punishing the families of criminals against the state. But Kim Jong Il is more responsible on foreign policy. He hasn't engaged in any preemptive wars. He's also dead:p

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ROKS_Cheonan_sinking
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bombardment_of_Yeonpyeong

Brett85
07-29-2013, 07:13 PM

I don't know. Cotton is pretty terrible. He sounds like a complete pshychopath when he gives speeches on the house floor.

eduardo89
07-29-2013, 07:17 PM
I don't know. Cotton is pretty terrible. He sounds like a complete pshychopath when he gives speeches on the house floor.

Kim Jong-Il had half a million people in concentration/labor camps. He killed hundreds of thousands of his own people. He would spend millions of dollars on luxury goods while tens of thousands of his people starved to death...

Tom Cotton may be a neocon warmonger, but he is not as evil as Kim Jong-Il.

Christian Liberty
07-29-2013, 07:22 PM

I honestly suspect Tom Cotton is secretly a Hitler/Stalin type and just doesn't want to admit it.

I mean, I'm kind of being hyperbolic here, but nothing would surprise me about Cotton.

Brett85
Kim Jong-Il had half a million people in concentration/labor camps. He killed hundreds of thousands of his own people. He would spend millions of dollars on luxury goods while tens of thousands of his people starved to death...

Tom Cotton may be a neocon warmonger, but he is not as evil as Kim Jong-Il.

I don't think anyone really knows the extent of Cotton's positions. When you hear him speak it's unmistakable that he's mentally unbalanced. He may have suffered some injuries during his time in Iraq that he hasn't recovered from. He's not really just your normal neocon.

Christian Liberty
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ROKS_Cheonan_sinking
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bombardment_of_Yeonpyeong

He's still dead:p

rich34
07-29-2013, 07:56 PM
reminds me of the the colosseum theme in gladiator

almost every senator or congressman's outside cousin and their aunts work as advisor for some major industry nowadays..

unless you actively prevent it with some sort of family code explicitly prohibiting your family members from doing so, and i suspect such rule exists in the paul family banning anyone having their hands remotely near any taxpayer's pocket.

the point is even goldman sachs might be the actual pre-emptive side here. they may have hired ted cruz's wife thinking they can gain access to him some day, or they're just doing it in the hopes of such. if so, it would be quite different from his wife going to them. but of course it's nowhere near the standard of the paul family, where any grandson or daughter deciding to do so is likely to get a stern lecture from ron and rand.

Does everyone have a Bush running their PAC as cochair?

Don't think so.....