PDA

View Full Version : SHOCKING SURVEILLANCE POLL - (The Ron Paul Movement Was Not Futile)

AuH20
07-29-2013, 10:18 AM
These numbers are insane!!! Ron Paul. Nuff said. And Obama's gestapo tactics deserve an honorable mention. :)

http://hotair.com/archives/2013/07/29/pew-poll-major-swing-against-government-surveillance-among-tea-partiers/

Republicans. More specifically, non-tea-party Republicans tilt 41/43 towards thinking the feds haven’t done enough to protect the country; among tea partiers, the tilt is … 55/31 towards thinking they’ve gone too far in restricting civil liberties, a 35-point(!) swing since 2010. That’s what a battle for the soul of the party looks like — a double-digit spread among the centrist and conservative wings on a key point of national security.

Cleaner44
07-29-2013, 10:22 AM
R3VOULTION = WINNING

ClydeCoulter
07-29-2013, 10:25 AM
Bump

asurfaholic
07-29-2013, 10:26 AM
They hate us for our freedoms.

angelatc
07-29-2013, 10:31 AM
I love this. But we will never win. We could bring all our troops home, have Judge Napolitano cloned to fill all the SCOTUS seats, put Congress on a bi-annual schedule, and we would still need to fight every single day against the urges that other people have to control people.

If and when the GOP wins back the White House and Congress, and the polls continue to show these type results, then and only then I will believe that people's hearts are changing. Until then, I think it could easily be a false positive.

Seraphim
07-29-2013, 10:47 AM
Constant vigillance does not = failure.

I love this. But we will never win. We could bring all our troops home, have Judge Napolitano cloned to fill all the SCOTUS seats, put Congress on a bi-annual schedule, and we would still need to fight every single day against the urges that other people have to control people.
If and when the GOP wins back the White House and Congress, and the polls continue to show these type results, then and only then I will believe that people's hearts are changing. Until then, I think it could easily be a false positive.

Anti Federalist
07-29-2013, 10:51 AM

My Inner Cynic says this.

My Inner "Mr. Positive" says Whoo hoo!

jbauer
07-29-2013, 10:52 AM
These numbers are insane!!! Ron Paul. Nuff said. And Obama's gestapo tactics deserve an honorable mention. :)

http://hotair.com/archives/2013/07/29/pew-poll-major-swing-against-government-surveillance-among-tea-partiers/

Heck I'm in that boat. I didn't jump on the Ron Paul bandwagon until late 2011.

AuH20
07-29-2013, 10:52 AM
My Inner Cynic says this.

My Inner "Mr. Positive" says Whoo hoo!

We may not be able to save the entire ship, but we may get enough people to the lifeboats. :)

ObiRandKenobi
07-29-2013, 10:53 AM
i guess an apology from those who mocked and derided him for decades would be too much to ask for.

RabbitMan
07-29-2013, 10:59 AM
One of the problems is people that associate themselves with the 'Tea Party' has gone down to about 8% of voters according to a Rasmussen Poll conducted this year. At the very least, 'membership' has dropped and the people still referring to themselves as Tea Party are mostly the hardcore, hence the rise since 2010 of this number you mentioned.

ctiger2
07-29-2013, 11:03 AM
But they're keeping us, err I mean them safe!

LibertyEagle
07-29-2013, 11:35 AM
i guess an apology from those who mocked and derided him for decades would be too much to ask for.

It's not about him. He never wanted it to be about him. It's about saving liberty; saving our country, or what is possible at this point.

Murray N Rothbard
07-29-2013, 04:08 PM
People are waking up.

Keep pushing the literature, the links, the youtube vids and wikipedia articles. You never know who's reading.

RickyJ
07-29-2013, 04:11 PM
They hate us for our ability to think for ourselves, how dare us! :D

compromise
07-29-2013, 04:13 PM
I think Rand Paul deserves credit for this even more than Ron Paul does.

ObiRandKenobi
07-29-2013, 04:16 PM
It's not about him. He never wanted it to be about him. It's about saving liberty; saving our country, or what is possible at this point.

it would be nice. if i was attacking someone for 30 years and then i realized they were right, i would at least say "oops my bad"

RCA
07-29-2013, 04:41 PM

Rand's success, all of it, came because of Ron's success.

otherone
07-29-2013, 04:56 PM
The "Tea Party" parrot Glen Beck etal.
When Beck returns to his usual neocon self in a couple years the "Tea Party" will poll as the centrists.

Anti Federalist
07-29-2013, 06:27 PM

LoL - you like doing that, don't you?

tod evans
07-29-2013, 06:32 PM
We may not be able to save the entire ship, but we may get enough people to the lifeboats. :)

I'll be happy with a piece of flotsam....