PDA

View Full Version : coffee sleeves for Ron Paul

Sol
11-27-2007, 04:43 PM
I was enjoying my coffee this morning and learned about an event at a local museum plastered on the sleeve holding my hot coffee. I thought about it for a minute and realized what great of a medium this would be for getting Ron Paul's name out! There are a lot of coffee drinkers out there and I'm sure many of them read the sleeve as I did this morning.

There was a website of the company that distributed the sleeve (http://www.britevision.com) so I scoped it out and this is what I found:
BriteVision provides a service for advertisers and coffee shops
Coffee shops elect to be a part of this service and BriteVision sends coffee sleeves free of charge under a contract
Advertisers pay to have their ad printed on the sleeves that are distributed
Advertisers can select their demographic of where they want their sleeves to be distributed, such as at coffee shops around college campuses or at airports (provided they are signed up for the service)
The coffee shops that sign up are under an exclusive contract where they can only use the sleeves provided by BriteVision barring some circumstances like BriteVision not being able to provide enough sleeves.

I don't know how much it would cost to do this as there was no mention of pricing on the website that i could find and noone answered the phone when i called. I do not know how many coffee shops are clients of BriteVision but it seems they are nationwide.

It would be great to be able to advertise for the teaparty also but I doubt the turnaround time would be fast enough to have these printed and distributed by then. However, I'm confident we'd be able to advertise in states with upcoming primaries in late january and onwards.

We could also look into maybe supplying actual coffee cups to coffee shops or find other companies that do this sleeve printing and or distribution. Anyway you cut it we will need to raise some money for this. I think it would be best to find a company that can handle distribution.

Has this been proposed before? Do you think this would be a good idea? Are their campaign restrictions for this type of advertising?