PDA

View Full Version : Army Debuts Unisex Combat Uniforms

green73
07-28-2013, 07:13 PM
FORD GORDON, Ga. (AP) — A new combat uniform with special consideration to the female body is now available at Fort Gordon, almost a month after the Army announced plans to open all units and military jobs to women by 2016.

The March debut of the Combat Uniform-Alternate is the first in a series of moves the Army hopes to make in the next three years to help female soldiers feel like more professional members, officials said.

With narrower shoulders, a slightly tapered waist and a more spacious seat, the unisex clothing line has been in the works since 2009 and is being issued to all installations – except Fort Benning in Columbus, Ga. – for men and women with a smaller or more slender body.

cont
http://atlanta.cbslocal.com/2013/07/28/unisex-uniforms-debut-as-army-opens-units-to-women/

paulbot24
07-28-2013, 07:25 PM
A more spacious seat? Do these camos make my butt look big?

oyarde
07-28-2013, 07:28 PM
Lol , those would suck for a male , they took the draw tabs off and put in an elastic waist band, made the shoulders narrower,shortened the fly, be like wearing your Mothers sweats and blouse , probably made in China, pfft

Anti Federalist
07-28-2013, 07:28 PM
Any society that places its women on the front line meat grinder of modern combat, is a society that deserves to die.

Keith and stuff
07-28-2013, 07:33 PM
Fantastic news. It's great that there will be different uniforms for the men and women. The women uniforms will fit better. Men will like it. Women will like it. There will be rainbows in the sky with unicorns riding them.

Maybe I got carried away but this very minor story doesn't really matter much, except to the women that will be more comfortable.

heavenlyboy34
Any society that places its women on the front line meat grinder of modern combat, is a society that deserves to die.
Pssh! You're just too old-fashioned to recognize gender equality and fairness when you see it. /sarc :(

green73

I'm pretty sure the oligarchs would be happy if it did die.

Keith and stuff
07-28-2013, 07:34 PM
Lol , those would suck for a male , they took the draw tabs off and put in an elastic waist band, made the shoulders narrower,shortened the fly, be like wearing your Mothers sweats and blouse , probably made in China, pfft

The uniforms are for women, is how I understand it. But yeah, there is a chance some men will want to try them on...

heavenlyboy34
07-28-2013, 07:35 PM
The uniforms are for women, is how I understand it. But yeah, there is a chance some men will want to try them on...
...if for nothing else, to learn how to get them off of someone in a jiffy...in the dark, with a boner. ;)

oyarde
07-28-2013, 07:37 PM

Unisex is what it says, whatever the fuck that is :)

paulbot24
07-28-2013, 07:39 PM
Maybe the fabric is PH balanced.:rolleyes:

donnay
07-28-2013, 07:42 PM

Reminds me of this movie:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWNyUq_iW50

Dr.3D
07-28-2013, 07:55 PM

Sounds like they will be issuing riding breeches.
http://www.monarch-garments.com/breeches/BB03b.jpg

Pericles
07-28-2013, 08:18 PM
Fantastic news. It's great that there will be different uniforms for the men and women. The women uniforms will fit better. Men will like it. Women will like it. There will be rainbows in the sky with unicorns riding them.

Maybe I got carried away but this very minor story doesn't really matter much, except to the women that will be more comfortable.

From the article, which a a rehash of the Army Times article from a couple of weeks ago
The jackets include adjusted rank and name tape positioning,

Translation into English - with the current ACU, you have to stare at the GIchick's tits to see what rank she is or read her name.

Pericles
07-28-2013, 08:24 PM

made for a woman, but strong enough for a man.:D

JK/SEA
07-28-2013, 09:02 PM

Women are a distraction to warriors. Bad move to even consider putting females into real combat.

The idiots who are thinking of this deserve to be hung.

Dr.3D
07-28-2013, 09:08 PM

Well, when I see a unisex restroom, that means it is to be used by either sex. So the word would seem to imply the uniform could be used by both men and women.

Keith and stuff
07-28-2013, 09:20 PM
Well, when I see a unisex restroom, that means it is to be used by either sex. So the word would seem to imply the uniform could be used by both men and women.

Right. It is designed primarily for woman but either men or women are allowed to frequent it. That's what I get from the article.

Women are a distraction to warriors. Bad move to even consider putting females into real combat.

This isn't a new issue. Women have been serving on the front lines since as least the second major US/Iraq conflict. It is considered standard practice and has been for years.

Feeding the Abscess
07-28-2013, 10:15 PM
Women vote for wars and imperialism, too. Let's stop treating them like sub (or super) humans and allow them to get their limbs blown off if they so choose. There's nothing special about them that exempts them from suffering from their own idiotic choices; if they're stupid enough to enlist and drop to their knees to suck off the state, let them receive their well-earned desserts.

07-28-2013, 10:15 PM

When bullets fly it doesn't matter if you have a penis or not, nobody is thinking of anything but staying alive.

If women can pass the physical requirements they can fight. But we should not have alternate easier requirements for them.

I<3Liberty
07-28-2013, 10:36 PM

It says " for men and women with a smaller or more slender body." So, it's not exclusively for women (hence the "unisex" part.)

What about putting their puppies on the front line of combat? This is just plain sad... http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/military-dogs-taking-xanax-receiving-therapy-canine-ptsd-222819057.html

I think it's equally sad that they would use men and women in such instrumental ways.

When bullets fly it doesn't matter if you have a penis or not, nobody is thinking of anything but staying alive.

If women can pass the physical requirements they can fight. But we should not have alternate easier requirements for them.

Agreed. There's some women that could meet the requirements while there's plenty of men that could not. It shouldn't matter whether one is male, female, or hermaphrodite, their performance on the physical test is where the focus ought to be.

eduardo89
07-28-2013, 10:40 PM

I agree. Women should not be in combat.

fr33
07-28-2013, 10:52 PM

At this point "we" aren't putting them there. "They" are hiring on as mercenaries by their own free will.

I can agree that any society in which effeminate women feel its both acceptable and necessary to become such mercenaries is a society in decline. The dollar bill is backed up by how scared we can make other nations. The feds are desperate and scrapping up all they can.

oyarde
07-28-2013, 11:04 PM
At this point "we" aren't putting them there. "They" are hiring on as mercenaries by their own free will.

I can agree that any society in which effeminate women feel its both acceptable and necessary to become such mercenaries is a society in decline. The dollar bill is backed up by how scared we can make other nations. The feds are desperate and scrapping up all they can.

I think society in decline , for the US , is as good of way to put it as any.

Carlybee
07-28-2013, 11:32 PM
http://cdn-s3-0.wanelo.com/product/image/3439650/x200.jpg

tod evans
07-29-2013, 05:33 AM
What better way to acclimate future cops, you know the "non-soldiers" who wage war on citizens, to view all mundanes as the enemy not just combat aged males..

Todd
07-29-2013, 05:40 AM

I agree. But this countries women asked for that status

JK/SEA
07-29-2013, 08:08 AM
I agree. But this countries women asked for that status

Find the biggest and baddest women and have them suit up and play a few downs against the Super Bowl champions. Place your bets on how many stretchers you'd need after one play.

Carlybee
07-29-2013, 08:16 AM
Find the biggest and baddest women and have them suit up and play a few downs against the Super Bowl champions. Place your bets on how many stretchers you'd need after one play.

Give them an automatic rifle and see how many stretchers you need. :)

pcosmar
07-29-2013, 08:20 AM

The standards were lowered long ago,, so they could.

Pericles
07-29-2013, 09:00 AM
The standards were lowered long ago,, so they could.

Any day now, I expect to see the following Press Release from PEO Soldier:

[The new gender neutral fitness standards for the Infantry MOS (series 11) have been a tremendous success, with now some 17% of this MOS consisting of female soldiers. Most of the success in arriving at the new physical standards is due to the Self Carrying Infantry Equipment project, commanded by LTC Sunny Davis, who offered the following comment: "This project was critical to the physical requirement of the MOS. As long as 11 seried MOS soldiers had to actually carry rucksacks, machine guns, and light mortars, only the taller males could pass the prysical requirements. Now we have a much fairer way of awarding this MOS."

In an unrelated development, the Army announced the creation of a new MOS specialty, MOS 92W (Infantry Porter). The requirements for this MOS were unavailable at presstime, but it is rumored that the MOS requires the ability to move 250 pounds without mechanical assistance for a distance of 30 miles in 12 hours.] End of Story

For those who are concerned that at some date, the US military will be used to implement martial law in the US, and that it may be necessary to engage in violence to enforce the Constitution of the United States, this is a favorable trend.

The last hing any right thinking patriot would do would be to pull a Weathermen Underground and try to blow up the 5 sided rat cage. They are destroying the US military more effectively than we ever could.

Seraphim
07-29-2013, 09:11 AM
Furthermore, hinders the ability of the men to properly battle because the slender shouldered women must be accomodotaed and UNIforms must be implemented.

Unreal...

Feeding the Abscess
07-29-2013, 12:54 PM
Seriously, guys, we're going to quibble about whether having women in the military will lower combat effectiveness? Shouldn't we be glad if that is the case? And furthermore, why focus on this, instead of saying the military should be shut down, both male and female?

opal
07-29-2013, 02:34 PM
devils advocate.. not all women enlisted are front line combat personnel. Medical staff for instance.. they wear BDUs to work.. state side.

Brian4Liberty
07-29-2013, 02:44 PM
Do these camos make my butt look big?

Supposed to make it disappear altogether. ;)

It's a women's uniform. They are just calling it "unisex" for PR and PC reasons.