PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul and voter apathy

logolepsy
11-27-2007, 04:40 PM
We all know that Ron Paul needs our support NOW. I have met my fair share of RP supporters and I have introduced a few to him as well. But the general rule is that I get a reponse along the lines of "Isn't the election a year away? I'll think about it later."

How do you guys effectively deal with such an apathetic view of such an important presidential election? I'm of the opinion that most "sane" and rational-thinking people have a difficult time disagreeing with RP's essential view of limited government and maximum personal liberty.

Do you typically run into this? My own personal experience with RP was one of utter shock. I found it difficult to believe that a man of principle and integrity would be seeking the office of the presidency during a time when my disenchantment with our system was at its peak. How does one encapsulate RP in such a way that will appeal to such folks?

me3
11-27-2007, 04:45 PM
A year from now, they will be left with basically only two choices.

Dumb. And Dumber.

ashlux
11-27-2007, 04:49 PM
We all know that Ron Paul needs our support NOW. I have met my fair share of RP supporters and I have introduced a few to him as well. But the general rule is that I get a reponse along the lines of "Isn't the election a year away? I'll think about it later."

Tell them how close the elections really are. The elections are *now*.

This is really the best chance to really make a difference too for early primary states. Including Super Tuesday states.

ashlux
11-27-2007, 04:50 PM
A year from now, they will be left with basically only two choices.

Dumb. And Dumber.

If you're in Oklahoma, you are literally left with two choices. No write-ins allowed. Third party availability is insanely restrictive, so none of that either.

At least you have a protest vote :-D

PrimarilyPaul
11-27-2007, 05:09 PM
The election is less than two months away. Tell these people Ron Paul's fate will be decided by Feb 5, NOT next year. Ron Paul is not running for president, he is running for the nomination of the Republican party.