PDA

View Full Version : How is it that RPI has only 1,250 followers on twitter?

Tod
07-28-2013, 12:45 PM
How is it that the Ron Paul Institute for Peace and Prosperity has just 1,250 twitter followers and a measly 8,689 likes on Facebook? Is this what is going to happen with all those people who voted for him? Just fade away, move on to others?

green73
07-28-2013, 01:17 PM
We had a mini drive about a month ago here on RPF. It got them over 150. Let's do it again!

https://twitter.com/RonPaulInstitut

I<3Liberty
07-28-2013, 01:21 PM
I'd recommend they put some relevant hash tags (like #tlot) in the bio, so more people find it.

Also, keep in mind that some supporters (especially people around the 60+ age range) don't use Twitter or Facebook -- that's a good chunk of supporters. Some of them use FB, but few have ventured out to Google+ and twitter, so the latter two will always have less followers.

Tod
07-28-2013, 02:45 PM
tweeted this:

To keep up to date with #RonPaul 's foreign policy topics, be sure to follow @RonPaulInstitut .

Tod
07-28-2013, 02:46 PM
I'd recommend they put some relevant hash tags (like #tlot) in the bio, so more people find it.

Also, keep in mind that some supporters (especially people around the 60+ age range) don't use Twitter or Facebook -- that's a good chunk of supporters. Some of them use FB, but few have ventured out to Google+ and twitter, so the latter two will always have less followers.

What is #tlot?

edit. Guessing
Top Libertarians On Twitter

Crystallas
07-28-2013, 03:46 PM
Well the person in your avatar may have some affect on why more libertarians stopped using twitter and facebook.

07-29-2013, 04:19 PM
I would guess it's because people who like what RP has to say generally do not want to be data mined and spied on so they don't sign up for sites like facebook and twitter.

green73
07-29-2013, 04:34 PM
I would guess it's because people who like what RP has to say generally do not want to be data mined and spied on so they don't sign up for sites like facebook and twitter.

Interestingly, Twitter was one of the few if not the only major social media site to refuse the feds. Yes, the Library of Congress catalogues all tweets. But so what? The NSA records everything you do anyway?

07-29-2013, 04:45 PM
Interestingly, Twitter was one of the few if not the only major social media site to refuse the feds. Yes, the Library of Congress catalogues all tweets. But so what? The NSA records everything you do anyway?

I know they do, but at least don't make it easy for them.

Crystallas
07-29-2013, 05:40 PM

Not everything I do. ;)