PDA

View Full Version : RON PAUL BIMP at $301,000, only 49K away !! Lets do this NOW !!

Falseflagop
11-27-2007, 04:32 PM
COme on people!

ronpaulfan
11-27-2007, 04:34 PM
wow congratulations. This is a basically a done deal now!!!

WOOOOT FOR THE RON PAUL BLIMP!!!! :eek:

Falseflagop
11-27-2007, 04:36 PM
God bless the guy who thought the idea, now lets e-mail everyone we have 4 days to get this done!! 12k+ a day we can do this people!!

This is our stealth fighter!

drexhex
11-27-2007, 04:37 PM
Personally, I can't wait for the Ron Paul BIMP!

CavortingChicken
11-27-2007, 04:38 PM
umm yea but do we know if those 5k pledges are for real they make up 185k of the current total....

Adamsa
11-27-2007, 04:39 PM
How the hell did this idea go so well?

It's pretty funny, you have to admit. :P Looking forward to the videos of it.

stefans
11-27-2007, 04:41 PM
why are you so sure this is going to happen?
I mean, it's 3 days until the 30th and a fundraising account has to be set up, and everybody who pledged must donate. even all of the 5k's which is questionable.
I'm not saying it can't happen but I don't understand why you don't hear anything anymore from the organizers of this...
could be very good news(they've found a big donor or negotiated a later payment date) or very bad news...

slantedview
11-27-2007, 04:41 PM
for that much money, i hope they get the blimp for a whole month.

Green Mountain Boy
11-27-2007, 04:42 PM
How the hell did this idea go so well?

It hasn't gone anywhere yet...say that after all the money has come in.

Falseflagop
11-27-2007, 04:42 PM
Until we get RON PAUL to fly AIR FORCE ONE regularly!!

LOVE IT!

Mark
11-27-2007, 04:48 PM
It hasn't gone anywhere yet...say that after all the money has come in.

I'd have to agree, anyone can "pledge" money and drive the figures up, however,
it's a completely different story when it come down to 'collecting' the 'pledges'.

What are the organizers going to do? Pay for the blimp out of their own pocket first?

Then, hope the pledges are honored?

Is the blimp company going to build/do whatever they have to do, BEFORE they get the money?

Are people who pledge going to send the organizers thousands and thousands of dollars BEFORE there's any guarantee that it will happen?

Benaiah
11-27-2007, 04:54 PM
What is the ETA on getting a chipin setup or whatever?

How long does the blimp guy need to get the art done on the blimp?

mconder
11-27-2007, 04:56 PM
WoW! I am one who though this idea would never get of the ground (haha). Let me just say I am pleasantly surprised! You guys are beating the pessimist out of me...thanks!

Benaiah
11-27-2007, 04:59 PM
WoW! I am one who though this idea would never get of the ground (haha). Let me just say I am pleasantly surprised! You guys are beating the pessimist out of me...thanks!

Mad props to Elija for hyping this idea and not letting it die. There were naysayers from the beginning but he stayed positive and kept moving the blimp idea along.

jake
11-27-2007, 05:02 PM
the only issue is these are pledges, so if we assume 75% follow through that would put it at $225750.00

constitutional
11-27-2007, 05:03 PM
Mad props to Elija for hyping this idea and not letting it die. There were naysayers from the beginning but he stayed positive and kept moving the blimp idea along.

lol, this idea is still on the thin line and time is running out.

Mark
11-27-2007, 05:05 PM

I hope that it hasn't been a waste of time.

Wayne Hammond
11-27-2007, 05:05 PM
Can someone summarize for me how this effort came into fruition?

I mean, I see this guy Elijah, saying that "they" are going to collect donations, then claiming that they can't do it with a PAC, because that is illegal, then he states that "they" have legal counsel... then I see Trevor's stuff on www.RonPaulBlimp.com saying that they are starting a PAC for collecting donations... then I see Elijah advertising for a paid treasurer position.

I'm just wondering why Elijah would post that using a PAC for this is illegal, when the web site says that's exactly what they are planning to use.

Can someone tell this old guy what's going on here, without me reading through the hundreds of posts on the blimp project?

speciallyblend
11-27-2007, 05:07 PM
im ready to donate,why are some of you so negative?? no reason for it. It's time to put up;) lets bring it on. The Ron Paul blimp(Air Force Ron)

seapilot
11-27-2007, 05:07 PM
the only issue is these are pledges, so if we assume 75% follow through that would put it at $225750.00

Well Id be willing to bet that when more supporters see it actually happening they will jump into the mix. Plus 225,000 would get us some air time over SC until the rest comes in.

speciallyblend
11-27-2007, 05:10 PM

thanks elijah,but we need some claification ASAP on certain issues..

Hi Mark,i would say no waste of time unless the pledges dont come in,no loss of money yet.

i think we can pull it off,we just need people to act ASAP,once they have the chip in up;) i suggest trevor and elijah or whoever,get the facts straight asap and lets push forward;)

speciallyblend
11-27-2007, 05:17 PM
i emailed Elijah with everyones concerns,I'm sure he will post some clarifications soon etc etc

BLS
11-27-2007, 05:18 PM
Alot of negativity in this thread.

Mark
11-27-2007, 05:20 PM
thanks elijah,but we need some claification ASAP on certain issues..

Hi Mark,i would say no waste of time unless the pledges dont come in,no loss of money yet.

i think we can pull it off,we just need people to act ASAP,once they have the chip in up;) i suggest trevor and elijah or whoever,get the facts straight asap and lets push forward;)

Yeah, I'd say the LEGAL issues are VERY important.

Those need to be straightened out FOR SURE, before someone ends up in jail or something.

Mark
11-27-2007, 05:22 PM

There's a BIG difference between "negative" and "realistic".

Pointing out and addressing REAL problems, isn't negative, it's smart.

Wayne Hammond
11-27-2007, 05:23 PM

I'm not being negative. I want to give towards this project. But I don't want my money to go to a scammer. All I'm asking for is an explanation for accountability purposes so I can feel comfortable giving to this project. I actually like the idea.

Again, I ask for your help:

I mean, I see this guy Elijah, saying that "they" are going to collect donations, then claiming that they can't do it with a PAC, because that is illegal, then he states that "they" have legal counsel... then I see Trevor's stuff on www.RonPaulBlimp.com saying that they are starting a PAC for collecting donations... then I see Elijah advertising for a paid treasurer position.

I'm just wondering why Elijah would post that using a PAC for this is illegal, when the web site says that's exactly what they are planning to use.

Can someone tell this old guy what's going on here, without me reading through the hundreds of posts on the blimp project?

And I'm asking for someone other than Elijah to answer these questions.

ssforronpaul
11-27-2007, 05:27 PM
Concern about no pac, which I have also posted on the blimp forum.

I am extremely concerned that there is not a Political Action Committee formed to pay for this blimp. I have never been involved in national elections, but in local elections in Ohio and a PAC must be formed to support a candidate. There is no way that money can be gathered to promote Ron Paul, without a PAC. I am involved in local government and have been involved in non-profits. Our treasurer, after meeting with state regulators at a state meeting for treasures about non-profits and PACs, was explicit that if we began to show public support for an individual running for public office we needed to form a PAC, which would have cost us more than we could afford and have many more regulations.

I originally found this idea of a blimp very intriguing, but now am worried that this may be a scam. I would like the leaders to answer many of the questions that have been raised? This can't be legal without a PAC. If a blimp is rented for a month then Ron Paul for President will not be able to be placed on it.

Please do not donate until these questions have been answered.

ss

speciallyblend
11-27-2007, 05:27 PM
mark look at it this way if the blimp falls thru the pledges will go directly to ron paul:) so if it falls thru then my pledge goes to ron paul:)

im sure it will be a win win for the blimp or ron paul as long as we come thru on both ends,which i think we will do,so everyone keep yourt head up,either way this pledge will follow thru for the blimp or ron paul;)

did you guys see out of the 23 members i have 8 are pledging for dec 16th and i plan donating some on nov 30th as im sure many others are,this is just awesome.
i just formed my group about 1 month ago and the fact we have 8 rsvp for teaparty07.com,just amazing

Bring on the blimp:) trevor and elijah,lets get the issues solved,so we can move forward ASAP,thanks everyone mark if you ever want to learn to ski or take a mtn vacation drop me a line ok ,peace kenny that holds to anyone and everyone;)

Mark
11-27-2007, 05:28 PM
I'm not being negative. I want to give towards this project. But I don't want my money to go to a scammer. All I'm asking for is an explanation for accountability purposes so I can feel comfortable giving to this project. I actually like the idea.

Again, I ask for your help:

And I'm asking for someone other than Elijah to answer these questions.

And, it may help, to guarantee that ALL money collected WILL be returned to the donor if the project doesn't get completed.

Maybe, some kind of escrow account? I don't know the exact methods to do it.

Mark
11-27-2007, 05:31 PM
mark look at it this way if the blimp falls thru the pledges will go directly to ron paul:) so if it falls thru then my pledge goes to ron paul:)

Wouldn't that be illegal as hades?

It's clearly stated, I think, that workarounds like that to 'bypass' the $2300 limit are strictly prohibited, else, it would happen all the time.

Wayne Hammond
11-27-2007, 05:32 PM
Well... I trust Trevor Lymon. If he can make sure that this money is not going to a scammer, I'm all for it.

I'm not so sure about this Elijah guy, especially when his posts seem to contradict what's on Trevor's web site.

Mark
11-27-2007, 05:37 PM
Well... I trust Trevor Lymon. If he can make sure that this money is not going to a scammer, I'm all for it.

I'm not so sure about this Elijah guy, especially when his posts seem to contradict what's on Trevor's web site.

I would just emphasize, be COMPLETELY sure, completely, that everything is 'above board' and legal.

Else, someone or two may end up in jail, or worse. Just a, 'make absolutely sure', you CYA.

speciallyblend
11-27-2007, 06:21 PM
new website should be posted soon,that will claify everything;)

speciallyblend
11-27-2007, 06:25 PM

dont worry about elijah,he is doing his best. there might have been some confusion but nothing on purpose,it will be solved,no worries Elijah is working hard for the blimp;)

Thanks Elijah and Trevor , hey trevor let me know when you want to go snowboarding in colorado

Wayne Hammond
11-27-2007, 06:30 PM
Well, I just got an email from Trevor, and he believes that this is all legit - he's been talking to lawyers to get it all set up for legal donations.

I trust Trevor, and that's the go-ahead I was waiting for.

Go, BLIMP, GO!!

www.RonPaulBlimp.com

moberley
11-27-2007, 06:39 PM

My understanding is as follows. The original plan (as posted on the website at RonPaulBlimp.com) was to establish a PAC which is why the top donation amount was $5000. That is the per election limit placed on non-candidate committees.

However, as this blimp is intended to only advertise for Ron Paul that makes it a single candidate PAC. From what I have read that status places it under the same restrictions as the campaign committee itself (i.e. no more than $2300 per person per election).

Based on that it would not be possible to organize this project as a duly registered and regulated Political Action Committee. If I have the timeline correct it was following that the plans changed to somehow organizing without an FEC registered committee. A request for help when out that included a "First Amendement Attorney" which leads me to the conclusion that the alternative is just doing it, i.e. civil disobedience.

I'm not a lawyer (and I'm not a US citizen) but my understanding is that according to the letter of the FEC regulations unless this is changed to somehow be multi-candidate it would be considered illegal. Obviously, under a strict understanding of the "Congress shall make no Law" first amendment there is a conflict, but it would still be technically illegal.

I am not involved in any way (although I think the Blimp is a fantastic idea) and this is based only on my reading of the comments in these forums.

Flash
11-27-2007, 06:41 PM
I'll donate.

Wayne Hammond
11-27-2007, 06:47 PM
My understanding is as follows..

Thanks moberley - I appreciate your reply. I'm now convinced... Trevor says that it's legit, and that's good enough for me. Now I just have to wait for my paycheck to get deposited on Friday.

www.RonPaulBlimp.com

AdoubleR
11-27-2007, 07:06 PM
Quote From RonPaulBlimp.com:

We contacted Airship Management Services and the president/owner, Mr. George Spyrou, enthusiastically returned our call and turns out to be a supporter of Ron Paul and wants to help us spread the word!

So, after much research on these companies we have settled on the Skyship 600 from Airship Management Services as the best airship for the Ron Paul grassroots supporters. Sporting a 12 seat gondola w/restroom and 2 porsche engines the SKYSHIP 600 measuring in at over 190 feet long & 60 feet tall is sure to grab the imagination and awe of all who lay their eyes upon it!! It also happens to be one of the largest airships in the world!! Nearly 2/3's of a football field and almost as long as Boeing 747 this is the world's largest flying billboard and can be seen from over 3 miles away!

torchbearer
11-27-2007, 07:06 PM
The plan should be to now start calling in all pledges in a PAC paypal CHipin, we will see where we are... which should be a good chunk of the way even if there are so bogus pledges... then use the momentum to carry the project to fruition.

CelestialRender
11-27-2007, 07:07 PM
I'm down for $500. I can assure you I won't be chipping my part in until it is quite clear that this is all legit.

Worst case scenario? It's not legit, and I just go ahead and donate more $$ to the Rudy or TeaParty bomb.

EDITED TO ADD: Exactly, TorchBearer. I'm almost certain there will be some welshes on this, but the momentum will iron that out. But yeah, now is the time to start collecting the money.

Man from La Mancha
11-27-2007, 09:05 PM
The Airship Management Services and the president/owner, Mr. George Spyrou, appears to have a very legit business, why couldn't his company take the donations directly in some sort of paypal account and return the money if the goal is not met?

http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/1539/blackwsmalldv3.gif (teaparty07.com)ronpaulblimp.com...donate both

T206
11-27-2007, 09:56 PM
The Airship Management Services and the president/owner, Mr. George Spyrou, appears to have a very legit business, why couldn't his company take the donations directly in some sort of paypal account and return the money if the goal is not met?

http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/9435/blackwsmallyh7.gif (teaparty07.com)ronpaulblimp.com...donate both

NO NO NO NO NO NO

The Plan
11-27-2007, 10:00 PM
You know at first i thought this whole blimp thing was a bad idea but now after watching the clip of Morning Joe i'm starting to see the value of this. It's so goofy and insane that it's going to get attention from the press.
go Air Force Ron!!!

slantedview
11-27-2007, 10:16 PM
You know at first i thought this whole blimp thing was a bad idea but now after watching the clip of Morning Joe i'm starting to see the value of this. It's so goofy and insane that it's going to get attention from the press.
go Air Force Ron!!!

I've come around too. I didn't realize the blimp would be purchased for the whole month!!! Awesome :)

Maverick
11-27-2007, 10:19 PM
NO NO NO NO NO NO

Care to elaborate?

Falseflagop
11-27-2007, 10:19 PM
Air Blimp One until we get RON on Air FOrce One regularly!!

Jmaths117
11-27-2007, 10:20 PM
What a great waste of money!

Maverick
11-27-2007, 10:25 PM
What a great waste of money!

Yep, that's the spirit. Negativity is totally productive.

jake
11-27-2007, 10:27 PM
this is blimptastic

terlinguatx
11-27-2007, 10:32 PM

T206
11-27-2007, 10:40 PM
Care to elaborate?

Yes. He is going around advocating just blindly sending this blimp company money with no PAC set up, and no contract in place. Thats about as irresponsible of a thing as I can imagine at this point.

Maverick
11-27-2007, 10:45 PM
Yes. He is going around advocating just blindly sending this blimp company money with no PAC set up, and no contract in place. Thats about as irresponsible of a thing as I can imagine at this point.

Thank you. That's a much better response than just spouting "NOOOO!" everywhere :p

T206
11-27-2007, 10:46 PM
Thank you. That's a much better response than just spouting "NOOOO!" everywhere :p

Sorry...its frustrating that someone with multiple of thousands of posts on the board would suggest something SO irresponsible and I cant believe that nobody else has voiced concern.

slantedview
11-27-2007, 10:53 PM
I can't stop laughing about the blimp idea, but it's so brilliant! I am so onboard!

blamx8
11-27-2007, 10:56 PM
The exciting thing to me is that these people are acting, just pushing forward and doing the best they can. No law has been broken yet if no money has been gathered. Unless it's a thought crime.

I think the movement forward isn't irresponsible, I think it's inspiring. And apparently it breathes life into enough people to pledge over 300K.

JosephTheLibertarian
11-27-2007, 10:58 PM
why would a blimp cost that much? Sounds a bit.... insane lol probably would be cheaper to build one ourselves.

Man from La Mancha
11-27-2007, 11:00 PM
Yes. He is going around advocating just blindly sending this blimp company money with no PAC set up, and no contract in place. Thats about as irresponsible of a thing as I can imagine at this point.It's not illegal if the contract is not in force yet and the blimp is not in operation, till that point we have someone we can trust with the money and it can then be transfered to the proper legal apparatus for allow of it's use.IMO

Seems like I could trust them with my money.

When I buy from any reputable company and they don't deliver for some reason, like out of stock I have never had any trouble that the company didn't not credit my account. On other purchases the company has assured me that they will not charge my credit,debit card till the product is sent out. So as I proposed in several other blimp threads why not make payments direct to the blimp company on the basis of not being charged till product is delivered. I'm sure the blimp company won't jeopardize their reputation and keep the money, they have way to much to lose.IMO http://airshipman.com/ourairships.htm

Airship Management Services, Inc. (AMS) is a full-service airship company whose staff have over 25 years of worldwide experience in airship operations. AMS is in the business of operating airships (blimps). Our staff of experts has been providing pilots, engineers, and ground support in airships since 1980.

What We Do For You
Airship Management Services, Inc. provides fully certificated airships for lease or purchase.

What Can You Do With An Airship
Airships can be utilized for a multitude of purposes. Some common uses are:

Advertising and promotion
Television coverage of outdoor events
Surveillance for police and military
Environmental monitoring of air or water pollution
Fixed-based "Skycruise" passenger operations

The Sky Is Not The Limit
The possibilities are limitless...
Let us help you open the window...
Let us help you turn the heads of the world to the sky, and make your Company's name and reputation rise "Above the Clutter" of conventional advertising mediums.

About Airship Management Services

Airship Management Services, affiliated with Nissho Iwai American Corp., is the most experienced company in operating the world’s largest airships and through associated companies provides technical and operational support to airships worldwide. AMS operates a maintenance facility and FAA repair station at Skycruiser Corp.’s base in Elizabeth City, North Carolina. AMS personnel have been in the business of providing flight crew; technical expertise and ground support to airships since 1980 and have operated airships in Japan, Korea, Australia, the U.K., U.S.A., Canada, Germany and France. All crew are fully licensed by the relevant civil aviation authorities

Airship Management Services, affiliated with Nissho Iwai American Corp. and Skycruiser Corporation, is the most experienced company in operating the world's largest airships and through associated companies provides technical and operational support to airships worldwide. AMS and Skycruiser Corporation maintain their principal office in Greenwich, Conn., with other offices in Switzerland, the United Kingdom, Greece and Japan. The companies operate a maintenance facility and FAA repair station at Skycruiser Corporation's base in Elizabeth City, North Carolina. AMS personnel have been providing flight crew; technical expertise and ground support to airships since 1980 and have operated airships in Japan, Korea, Australia, the U.K., U.S.A., Canada, Germany and France. All crew are fully licensed by the relevant civil aviation authorities.

For more information, contact:
U.S. - William G Armstrong Jr., airship600@aol.com, Airship Management Services, 203-625-0071
U.K. - Will Fanshawe, w.fanshawe@skycruier.co.uk, Skycruiser Corporation, (011)+1488-681-484
Switzerland - Christian Schulthess, ch.schulthess@skyship.ch , Skycruiser Corporation,
(011) +41 52 354 59 70

airship600@aol.com

Eric23
For that much money, please tell me it's gonna fly over some major sporting events or something else spectacular.

T206
The exciting thing to me is that these people are acting, just pushing forward and doing the best they can. No law has been broken yet if no money has been gathered. Unless it's a thought crime.

I think the movement forward isn't irresponsible, I think it's inspiring. And apparently it breathes life into enough people to pledge over 300K.

You are inspired by possibly voilating FEC rules, and by suggesting that individual donors should start handing money over to a company with no contract in place?

T206
11-27-2007, 11:03 PM
It's not illegal if the contract is not in force yet and the blimp is not in operation, till that point we have someone we can trust with the money and it can then be transfered to the proper legal apparatus for allow of it's use.IMO

Seems like I could trust them with my money.

When I buy from any reputable company and they don't deliver for some reason, like out of stock I have never had any trouble that the company didn't not credit my account. On other purchases the company has assured me that they will not charge my credit,debit card till the product is sent out. So as I proposed in several other blimp threads why not make payments direct to the blimp company on the basis of not being charged till product is delivered. I'm sure the blimp company won't jeopardize their reputation and keep the money, they have way to much to lose.IMO http://airshipman.com/ourairships.htm

I can only hope that nobody is dumb enough to actually start sending this company money.

speciallyblend
11-27-2007, 11:03 PM
You are inspired by possibly voilating FEC rules, and by suggesting that individual donors should start handing money over to a company with no contract in place?

,they are lauching a website ,soon and everything will be legit, the money will be secure, whats your problem? this is a pledge the rest will come be patient and stop attacking the blimp idea if it falls thru then doante the money to ronpaul ,if it doenst fail and you dont like dont donate to it,end of story

no one has asked for a dime yet geez

trevor and elijah are the ones pushing the blimp idea and securing everything from what i have heard

Man from La Mancha
11-27-2007, 11:08 PM
why would a blimp cost that much? Sounds a bit.... insane lol probably would be cheaper to build one ourselves.
It would not be ready in time. I think the cost of the 197 ft blimp is over $4 million. The blimp comes with a 20 man support staff including publicist. All insurance and other related matters like ground support vehicles and such are included.

blamx8
11-27-2007, 11:08 PM
Way to try putting words in my mouth. :)

I'm inspired by people who don't let their fear of looking foolish get in the way of attaining their dreams. In this case the dream is liberty.

T206
11-27-2007, 11:09 PM
get of your high horse,they are lauching a website ,soon and everything will be legit, the money will be secure, whats your problem? this is a pledge the rest will come be patient and stop attacking the blimp idea if it falls thru then doante the money to ronpaul ,if it doenst fail and you dont like dont donate to it,end of story

no one has asked for a dime yet geez

no one close to the blimp is asking anyone tosend money to the company trevor and elijah are the ones pushing the blimp idea and securing everything from what i have heard

Man from La Mancha is clearly suggesting that people should start donating directly to the blimp company.

The blimp company is well founded it appears, so why not just donate to the company directly with the assurance if this doesn't work all money will be returned by the word of the owner of the blimp company?

Im not attacking the blimp idea, Im attacking the irresponsible suggestion to hapazardly have individual donor give real money to a company just because "hey, they seem legit"

Man from La Mancha
11-27-2007, 11:11 PM
I can only hope that nobody is dumb enough to actually start sending this company money.
DUhhhh, this is a proposal, did any where in any of my posts did I say send money there!!!! And if they did the company would not be set up to except and would turn them down. I hate when people read things into something that does not exist.:p

The blimp company is well founded it appears, so why not just donate to the company directly with the assurance if this doesn't work all money will be returned by the word of the owner of the blimp company? Does one not know the difference between a statement and a question? I did not say to do it. That is for ronpaulblimp.com to say.

slantedview
11-27-2007, 11:11 PM
For that much money, please tell me it's gonna fly over some major sporting events or something else spectacular.

I believe it is. But you can voice your opinion on where it should be flown, in the blimp sub-forum.

T206
11-27-2007, 11:20 PM
DUhhhh, this is a proposal, did any where in any of my posts did I say send money there!!!! And if they did the company would not be set up to except and would turn them down. I hate when people read things into something that does not exist.:p

Does one not know the difference between a statement and a question? I did not say to do it. That is for ronpaulblimp.com to say.

But how can you even suggest a thing? I really have a hard time with this campaign and Im sorry if its not popular to voice that opinion. I think the idea itself is fine, and I get the impression that people are working hard to get it "in the air" but there are SO many open questions at this point, and a lot of promises being made...but there is a huge lack of info to support it all. When you have the national media starting to cover this, you run the risk of having the entire grass roots campaign look bad over this.

Man from La Mancha
11-27-2007, 11:23 PM
But how can you even suggest a thing? I really have a hard time with this campaign and Im sorry if its not popular to voice that opinion. I think the idea itself is fine, and I get the impression that people are working hard to get it "in the air" but there are SO many open questions at this point, and a lot of promises being made...but there is a huge lack of info to support it all. When you have the national media starting to cover this, you run the risk of having the entire grass roots campaign look bad over this.
Thanks for your concerns, because of getting all angles we work so good togeather with many minds viewing projects from many different angles.:)
IDIC